What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 108 49.1%
  • No

Votes: 112 50.9%

• Total voters

Avenger

Immortal
If we don’t make the grand final this season that will be 7 seasons at the Eels without making a grand final at least once. Has any other coach ever lasted 7 seasons at a club without at least making the grand final?
Maybe he just broke a mirror.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Time to go Bea, do the honourable thing and walk away. If not the board have to grow a pair and give him the tap. And if any of the players aren’t happy about it they can f**k off as well.

Captain Front loader you are the weakest link goodbye.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I wouldn't put those assistants in charge. If Carr hasn't had input and you think he has something to offer then maybe him. Or you bring in someone like Jason Taylor. It won't happen but if you've decided to put a line through BA, and think a different coach could get more out of us, do you give BA the rest of the season out of loyalty and against your better judgement?

As I said stupid . Taylor is a stupid idea, isnt even in the bubble. And Carr may have potential but isn’t even an assistant yet. Is he even in the bubble ? joey G isnt.

While we arent happy as we arent a serious contender, top 6 is still a reasonable finish. You dont sack a coach at this stage.

play out the season

hindy111

Post Whore
If you keep saying ‘the writing is on the wall’ enough times eventually it will be.

I still get the impression that the club is pretty happy with him overall. Might be a few disappointed people on here if he goes around next year.

Unless we turn form around BA is done. He won't be here based on the last 3 games. We have a min 5 games left this season. Unless we win 2 or 3 and ine of them being a finals game he will be moved on. I am confident about this.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If you are thinking about a rookie like Carr give him a shot and see how he goes. We did it in 2006 when all was lost and JT got us to the finals.

carr aren’t even an assistant, is he even in the bubble? Joey isnt……

JT was an assistant in 2006 and it was after 8 or so rounds with us sitting at the bottom. Not top 4 and a good chance to still be top 4 on Monday morning…

hindy111

Post Whore
2016 - 2018 Penrith made up the numbers by finishing in the bottom of the 8 (6th and 7th) and going out in the second week of the finals each time. In 2019 they ran 10th. 2020 they lost the GF after beating the Roosters in the QF by a field goal and Souths on the back of Cleary kicking 4/4 vs Reynolds kicking 2/4.

Not sure I would call them a power house just yet.

Agree. But they will be 2yrs in a row a genuine threat. I think the fact most their squad is juniors and plenty more coming thru is why they are getting more applauds then they deserve.

Avenger

Immortal
carr aren’t even an assistant, is he even in the bubble? Joey isnt……

JT was an assistant in 2006 and it was after 8 or so rounds with us sitting at the bottom. Not top 4 and a good chance to still be top 4 on Monday morning…
Why does he have to be an assistant? Didn’t he coach in the UK? Was Trent Robinson an assistant? The only thing that will f**k us if he isn’t in the bubble due to the pandemic. Not because he wasn’t a f**king assistant in this rabble.

As I said stupid . Taylor is a stupid idea, isnt even in the bubble. And Carr may have potential but isn’t even an assistant yet. Is he even in the bubble ? joey G isnt.

While we arent happy as we arent a serious contender, top 6 is still a reasonable finish. You dont sack a coach at this stage.

play out the season
Unusual certainly but not stupid.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Why does he have to be an assistant? Didn’t he coach in the UK? Was Trent Robinson an assistant? The only thing that will f**k us if he isn’t in the bubble due to the pandemic. Not because he wasn’t a f**king assistant in this rabble.

because you a f**ken talking about this year on Monday morning?! Which is f**ken stupid!

Sacking the coach now is stupid!!

but if Carr is the best option next year if the board decides to sack BA, why not….

and as you wouId know, Robinson started the year as the coach not with 5 rounds to go…the roosters weren’t stupid enough to sack Smith during the season!!

thank f**k the board no longer has to appease fans and can now make logical decisions….with due process

Avenger

Immortal
because you a f**ken talking about this year on Monday morning?! Which is f**ken stupid!

Sacking the coach now is stupid!!

but if Carr is the best option next year if the board decides to sack BA, why not….

and as you wouId know, Robinson started the year as the coach not with 5 rounds to go…the roosters weren’t stupid enough to sack Smith during the season!!

thank f**k the board no longer has to appease fans and can now make logical decisions….with due process
No it's not stupid. You hire an interim coach, you see how you go until seasons end. If he pulls it out of his arse you keep him. If not, you sign your replacement before November when most of your players that are worth anything are free to negotiate. You know why? Because they will want to know who the f**king coach is!!!

Now go to bed and stop pissing me off.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I lost faith in BA when he used the first grade team as an opportunity to use the rouse hill rhinos number 7.

Our spirit and confidence was broken across the last 2 weeks and now will struggle to get it back.

The board said last year running around doing more laps around the oval in pre-season wont get the job which is code for we need more then effort. Unfortunately thats all the team had got

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
No it's not stupid. You hire an interim coach, you see how you go until seasons end. If he pulls it out of his arse you keep him. If not, you sign your replacement before November when most of your players that are worth anything are free to negotiate. You know why? Because they will want to know who the f**king coach is!!!

Now go to bed and stop pissing me off.
As I said stupid idea!! Even the roosters wouIdnt do it as history shows!!

now go to bed with your stupid idea!! Thank f**k fans don’t run the club any longer!