What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 113 51.6%

• Total voters

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe closer to those two teams mentioned, but I’d think for some reason south’s would have us easily covered.

This year yes.
Reynolds,Benji,Sua, Gagai all gone. And Bennet.

Storm have Finucane,Hynes and JAC leaving. They do get Xavier Coates however.

Penrith have Capewell,Burton, TPJ gone.

I feel all these 3 become weaker instantly.

Manly have DCE turning 33 and Foran. Two old halves. And there best prop Tapau turns 32. I don't see them as any stronger.

Roosters should be the side who bounces back and looks stronger imo.

Knights I don't see it. They had an easy draw and scraped in the top 8. Guys like Pearce and Frizell have played their best footy.

Parra should be stronger based on the age of their spine and forwards. It is an improving squad on the up. As are plenty of sides who didn't make the top 8. But how much will they improve?

hindy111

Post Whore
I hear you but many have been saying the same about the storm, when they lost Cronk, then slater and then smith. Yet they’re still there.

If we’re to continue to improved we need Drown to step up and play a role in attack

Sort of. Penrith gave it to them tho. And boy did Penrith make some errors also. It wasn't like they played perfect footy to beat them.

hindy111

Post Whore
Storm have gotten worse this year also imo.

They lost twice to Parra and the Panthers. The only games sides stuck with them and they lost all four. Yes they best Penrith when they had 5 of their best players out.

Canberra, Titans x 2 also pushed them. As did the Cowboys.
The reason everyone including myself become wrapped in the Storm was based on how easily they disposed of the weak sides. But it is also perception. When other sides done the same people would say oh yeah but they only beat the Dogs or Brisbane.

I guess the Storms big wins where everyone went wow was a 50 nil thrashing of Souths.

Latrel, Reynolds,Mansour,Paulo,Graheme,C.Murray where all missing. So 3 of their best players and most the backline which is what makes Souths strong.

14 games they also conceeded 3 tries.

Compare it to the Panthers who only let in 3 tries in a game 5 times all season.The Storm when they had their best 5 out.
Tigers,Sharks over origin when had half a side.

You could argue only twice when fielded a half decent side. Tigers x 2nd time and Saints.

Parra managed 7 x tries against the STORM in two games for the record.

Last edited:

Tooooks

Bench
I’ve changed my mind several times about BA. Some of our performances show we are good enough to slug it out with the best teams. The defensive desperation and scramble against the Storm and Panthers recently is the defensive attitude we need to see consistently to be better in 2022.

If we see the same mixed bag of solid wins and embarrassing defeats next year then I think it’s time to show BA the door. I’m hoping though that the players have that self belief and drive to improve in 2022.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He was probably showing too much promise, just like Holbrook. Bea only surrounds himself with the dregs and then wonders why he can’t get past week 2 of the finals.
Imagine how f**ken good we'd be going if we still had Burt and f**ken Hollbrook???

#SaidNoMerkinEver

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I’ve changed my mind several times about BA. Some of our performances show we are good enough to slug it out with the best teams. The defensive desperation and scramble against the Storm and Panthers recently is the defensive attitude we need to see consistently to be better in 2022.

If we see the same mixed bag of solid wins and embarrassing defeats next year then I think it’s time to show BA the door. I’m hoping though that the players have that self belief and drive to improve in 2022.
The season ran out too quickly for us after we f**ked around for a month. Play like we did at the back end and we'll be in the comp up to our merkins next year.

King-Gutho94

Coach

I feel we need to stop floating in and out games. We also need to be better at killing off weaker opposition when on top.

There were a couple of games where like the warriors game up 24-0 after 20 mins yet the game was still in the balance with 5 mins to go. A good team just put there foot on the throat and doesn't give the opposition a sniff.

Both games against the tigers the scoreboard says we won easily but it shouldn't have been that close. That easter monday game 2 point lead with 3 mins to go it shouldn't have even got to that point.

I think the titans game was another. Clocked off in the 2nd half

Just need to play with the intensity that we played with against the storm and penrith more often we still look like a team that picks and chooses when it wants to play for 80 mins