What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

THE “KEY” REASON EELS LOCKED IN ARTHUR FOR THREE MORE SEASONS​

BY LACHLAN GELEIT 19 HOURS AGO
Brad-Arthur-Parramatta-PA-1.jpeg

Brad Arthur will be the coach of Parramatta until 2024 after signing a two-year contract extension with the Eels.
Having already been contracted until the end of 2022, the Eels decided to put their faith in Arthur after his future was a big talking point throughout the 2021 season.

While some raised their eyebrows at the early extension, The Daily Telegraph’s David Riccio believes it was a necessary move to help the club offer stability to the playing group.
“I think that (the length of the deal) gives the club security from a player contract point of view,” Riccio said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.
“I’ve spoken about this on the program previously, the point of re-signing Brad Arthur was not only getting a decent coach to take the club forward.
“But it was telling the 14 players off-contract at the end of next season that we know where we’re heading as a club.
“That is key.”
With several stars coming off-contract at the end of next year, Riccio says the club’s in a better position to keep them with the coach’s direction locked in for seasons to come.
“They have got big names off contract,” Riccio explained.
“There’s Clint Gutherson, Marata Niukore, Ryan Matterson, Reed Mahoney, Isaiah Papali’i, Junior Paulo, Ray Stone, Jakob Arthur, Haze Dunster … the list goes on and on.
“Players want to know who the coach is, and if they’re extending their lives and careers to a club for two, three, four years in some cases, knowing that Brad Arthur is seemingly the coach for the next three years helps those players make clearer decisions.”
With such a glut of players off-contract, Riccio says Arthur understands they won’t be able to re-sign all of them with a forward already linked to the Warriors from 2023.
“I think in the article in today’s Telegraph, Brad Arthur indicates and he knows the club won’t be able to keep all of those players,” Riccio added.
“I can tell you Marata Niukore is right on the Warriors’ target list come November 1.
“Watch that space with Niukore and the Warriors.”
Arthur’s Eels made it to week two of finals in 2021 where they were knocked out by eventual champions Penrith.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Stability leads to success. Can’t see why anyone with half a brain would be pushing for instability.
How is wanting an 8 year coach who has produced a spoon and not much else pushing for instability?? I could cop him even getting maybe another year but two???

3 more years and what do we do if we have another poor year or stay the same next year?? The board won’t do much because they won’t want to pay him out for two years. So we just keep doing the same old same and hope to hell he comes good. Yay!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
how do you blame BA for the spoon ?
So the coach has absolutely nothing to do with it when his team wins a spoon??? Who’s fault was it then??? I know it was him with that that clueless look on his face after every loss in the press conference with no idea what had happened. He had that same look this year when we played like absolute dogshit for a month which killed our top 4 chances.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So the coach has absolutely nothing to do with when his team wins a spoon??? Who’s fault was it then??? I know it was him with that that clueless look on his face after every loss in the press conference with idea what has happened. He had that same look this year when we played like absolute dogshit for a month which killed our top 4 chances.

sorry, but that doesn't even warrant a rebuttal

you've lost it with your bias mate

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
How is wanting an 8 year coach who has produced a spoon and not much else pushing for instability?? I could cop him even getting maybe another year but two???

3 more years and what do we do if we have another poor year or stay the same next year?? The board won’t do much because they won’t want to pay him out for two years. So we just keep doing the same old same and hope to hell he comes good. Yay!!
You keep making fun of stability. By doing that you appear to be advocating for instability.

Personally, I think we had a good chance to arsehole him in 2018. Harder to do it right now without accepting that a rebuild is likely.