What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How is wanting an 8 year coach who has produced a spoon and not much else pushing for instability?? I could cop him even getting maybe another year but two???

3 more years and what do we do if we have another poor year or stay the same next year?? The board won’t do much because they won’t want to pay him out for two years. So we just keep doing the same old same and hope to hell he comes good. Yay!!
He's won heaps of games. Over a sample that big it's not a fluke ffs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's won heaps of games. Over a sample that big it's not a fluke ffs.
The only real sample size that matters is in the finals and how does that look?? 2 from 8 and 0 from 4 from week 2. It’s not hard to cobble together enough wins to make the 8 in the NRL these days the comp is as lop sided AF. 3 more years of excuses from you and the Huggy crew it’s going to be very exciting!!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The only real sample size that matters is in the finals and how does that look?? 2 from 8 and 0 from 4 from week 2. It’s not hard to cobble together enough wins to make the 8 in the NRL these days the comp is as lop sided AF. 3 more years of excuses from you and the Huggy crew it’s going to be very exciting!!
We will carve up next year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You won't be allowed to enjoy it in your padded cell. Sorry. Rules is rules.
family guy half GIF

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Our biggest problem with Dylbags next year may be hanging onto him, although he has said recently he loves it here and doesn't want to leave.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon we could if young Dylan feels comfortable enough to play a greater role. He features in our shape, but not as the guy
Is he allowed to play that role is the question IMO, he always seems to play with a straitjacket on. I know the feeling I watch most Eels games with a straight jacket on as well. It’s safer for all concerned.

Gronk

Staff member
Is he allowed to play that role is the question IMO, he always seems to play with a straitjacket on. I know the feeling I watch most Eels games with a straight jacket on as well. It’s safer for all concerned.
"Allowed" suggests he is capable, yet being restricted. I'd say that they are simply not putting pressure on him to take risks and to just play footy. We'd all love him to be Cody Walker 2.0 with the ball, but perhaps he'll just be a Jack Wighton / Brett Kenny type of player ?

At age 21 he's already a highly desirable 5/8 and most teams would have him in their starting 13 in a heart beat.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
"Allowed" suggests he is capable, yet being restricted. I'd say that they are simply not putting pressure on him to take risks and to just play footy. We'd all love him to be Cody Walker 2.0 with the ball, but perhaps he'll just be a Jack Wighton / Brett Kenny type of player ?

At age 21 he's already a highly desirable 5/8 and most teams would have him in their starting 13 in a heart beat.
I ask the question because even when he was the most experienced half we was just told to run the ball make his tackles and kick when needed. I reckon he has been underused hopefully next year he can take more pressure of Moses.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I ask the question because even when he was the most experienced half we was just told to run the ball make his tackles and kick when needed. I reckon he has been underused hopefully next year he can take more pressure of Moses.
I’m not convinced he is a natural attacker. A bit like Gutho, but slightly faster. Coaching is a factor but it also comes down to the individual and their skill set.

If we can unlock something with him and get him to play like a Cody Walker then we will be a formidable side.

At the moment if you shut down Moses you go a long way to shutting down our team. Even our forward pack can be on top and we struggle.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’m not convinced he is a natural attacker. A bit like Gutho, but slightly faster. Coaching is a factor but it also comes down to the individual and their skill set.

If we can unlock something with him and get him to play like a Cody Walker then we will be a formidable side.

At the moment if you shut down Moses you go a long way to shutting down our team. Even our forward pack can be on top and we struggle.
Some good points Gaz, Dylan is the key from us competing with the top sides to beating them IMO. And the more pressure he can take off Moses the more dangerous Moses becomes. I just think after almost 50 games it’s time to give him more responsibility he was a 7 in the juniors and showed more skill and flair when he first came into grade.