What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 116 51.6%

• Total voters

crocodile

Bench
What ever you think of BA (and I think he did a great job) he deserves some credit!!

We were a basket case for his first few years….and if he took the manly offer during the salary cap crap, we were cooked! He carried the club during 2016!

And to make the finals the following year was a great effort.

Yeah he got a spoon but did follow that with 4 semis final appearances, which include 2 top 4 finishes and a GF. Let’s see if any of the current highly rated new coaches can achieve that (CC, Fitz, Webby, Payton).

Yep last 2 years have been poor but think he deserves some respect!! Not many are blue and gold as him.

When he started 2014, being off the bottom was the goal, when he finished today making the top 4 and winning the premiership is the goal….

forever grateful for what he did for the eels!!
It isn't the coach that misses tackles, drops balls and throws bad passes. Until the players are accountable it wouldn't matter even if Jack Gibson rose from the dead.

Zoso

Juniors
It isn't the coach that misses tackles, drops balls and throws bad passes. Until the players are accountable it wouldn't matter even if Jack Gibson rose from the dead.
Coincidentally I watched a Ray Price interview on Fox tonight.
He said that Gibson gave the team that little extra they needed to go from contenders to winners.
Ray was such a rent-a-quote for so long I went off him but it was a good watch, he carried himself well.

Last edited:

crocodile

Bench
Coincidentally I wanted a Ray Price interview on Fox tonight.
He said that Gibson gave the team that little extra they needed to go from contenders to winners.
Ray was such a rent-a-quote for so long I went off him but it was a good watch, he carried himself well.
Sadly, the head knocks got to him by now. Such a tragedy for a champion.

JokerEel

Coach
2 awesome scenarios..

MON now has even more power and hires an inexperienced coach and the club goes another 10 years backwards.

Or as mentioned earlier Isaac Moses gets one of his coaches in and ruins our cap getting his players in at the club as well....

Looking forward to it 👍

King-Gutho94

Coach

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
2 awesome scenarios..

MON now has even more power and hires an inexperienced coach and the club goes another 10 years backwards.

Or as mentioned earlier Isaac Moses gets one of his coaches in and ruins our cap getting his players in at the club as well....

Looking forward to it 👍
The club chair and CEO is trying to sign Bennett…why wouId they suddenly go hey MON, we have had enough of this, can you go and get us a coach, BTW we don’t care who……

The board managed to make a decision to move BA on, then sack him along with secretly meet with Bennett over the last 3 weeks (which included QLD travel and meeting during magic round )…..all without a single leak or media report….

think the board may be slightly underestimated and a bit more proactive then some think…..

JokerEel

Coach
The club chair and CEO is trying to sign Bennett…why wouId they suddenly go hey MON, we have had enough of this, can you go and get us a coach, BTW we don’t care who……

The board managed to make a decision to move BA on, then sack him along with secretly meet with Bennett over the last 3 weeks (which included QLD travel and meeting during magic round )…..all without a single leak or media report….

think the board may be slightly underestimated and a bit more proactive then some think…..

I'll believe it when I see Benny in an Eels hat

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If it was it would have come out.

There are no secrets in this game. Players would tell there managers and they would leak to the press.

You can't keep that hidden unless no one knows bar the 7 board members.

Even so to contact a potential replacement behind BA's back would be reached to the media eventually.

I don't think this Board want to do that.
Are you sure?

Latest posts