What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

Gazzamatta

Coach
The thing I remember about Smith was he usually got the team up after a loss. The bounce back factor was strong in those days. Now days we just get worse after a loss until we stumble into another win.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How well do you think BA has been supported by the club this year? Do you think they’ve looked after him?
So he needs to be babysat with more help??? Someone to help with the attack and defence??? What will he do???

Sounds even more expensive than hiring a capable head coach instead........

strider

Post Whore
Dont get me wrong, i think smithy is one of the best coaches we have has since ive been watching - better than BA ... but just saying he had his ups and downs too

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So he needs to be babysat with more help??? Someone to help with the attack and defence??? What will he do???

Sounds even more expensive than hiring a capable head coach instead........
Yep. Typical Hiney logic leap.

I’ll try the question in a different way. Does he currently have the same level of support from the club that other successful coaches do?

Not being a merkin. Just trying to get you to expand your views slightly.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

I’ll try the question in a different way. Does he currently have the same level of support from the club that other successful coaches do?

We know he hasn't, thats why we are having a review. To see how much money we need to spend to cover up the inadequacies of our head coach.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We know he hasn't, thats why we are having a review. To see how much money we need to spend to cover up the inadequacies of our head coach.
That makes no sense and your second sentence contradicts your first.

The review should be about benchmarking ourselves against the model that successful clubs adopt and determining what is required to develop a similar model for how Parramatta runs its business.

They could spend a lot of time examining BAs inadequacies (apparently he has bad flatulence) but the more material inqdequacies are likely to be in the areas of structure, governance, resourcing, accountabilities etc.

You are thinking too micro.

Kornstar

Coach
He definitely wouldnt have had a fat prop at 5/8th .... oh wait

Smithy had his share of questionable shit .... he was a very good tactical coach - which BA just doesnt seem to have .... but smithy was a hit and miss man manager

Remember Smithy wouldn’t start Hayne either.......

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

The review should be about benchmarking ourselves against the model that successful clubs adopt and determining what is required to develop a similar model for how Parramatta runs its business.

They could spend a lot of time examining BAs inadequacies (apparently he has bad flatulence) but the more material inqdequacies are likely to be in the areas of structure, governance, resourcing, accountabilities etc.

Yep this season has been a f**ken disaster !! And while I am a BA fan, I expect him to be gone next year if we don’t improve substantially in the first 10 weeks!!

But regarding resources just compared us quickly to the dogs, they start the year with 3 assistant coaches and their own NSW cup side, yet BA starts the year with one assistant and only a feeder club. So does this affect our sides performance? Is it affecting BA? Who’s fault is it?

strider

Post Whore
I dont know what to think about the difference between a club nsw cup side and a feeder club .... surely we have a massive say is how wenty operate .... i would think all having a feeder club means is a different organisation to put in a small about of cash and resources

Kornstar

Coach
I dont know what to think about the difference between a club nsw cup side and a feeder club .... surely we have a massive say is how wenty operate .... i would think all having a feeder club means is a different organisation to put in a small about of cash and resources

Added politics for sure.......like we need more of that......

Chipmunk

Coach
Yep this season has been a f**ken disaster !! And while I am a BA fan, I expect him to be gone next year if we don’t improve substantially in the first 10 weeks!!

But regarding resources just compared us quickly to the dogs, they start the year with 3 assistant coaches and their own NSW cup side, yet BA starts the year with one assistant and only a feeder club. So does this affect our sides performance? Is it affecting BA? Who’s fault is it?

Hang on...you can't use a team having their own NSW Cup side and us having only a Feeder team. Each club made the decision to have a NSW Cup team or a Feeder team. If the Feeder team is a disadvantage, then why would we continue to do it? It's not as if the NRL/NSWRL said to the Dogs, OK, we like you, you can have a NSW Cup team and Parra, we don't like you, you have to have a Feeder team.

If the Club f**ks a decision up, you can't turn that into an excuse.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Hang on...you can't use a team having their own NSW Cup side and us having only a Feeder team. Each club made the decision to have a NSW Cup team or a Feeder team. If the Feeder team is a disadvantage, then why would we continue to do it? It's not as if the NRL/NSWRL said to the Dogs, OK, we like you, you can have a NSW Cup team and Parra, we don't like you, you have to have a Feeder team.

If the Club f**ks a decision up, you can't turn that into an excuse.
FFS. It was used in response to comments about whether BA had the same support from his club that other coaches have from theirs.

What are you on about?

El Diablo

Post Whore
No. I'm talking about the Dragons team that we played. We are the eels.
So we did or didn't play better against the dragons than our efforts over the last two weeks? I'm not following what you are saying.
But you can’t argue both ways which is what you’ve been exposed as doing. Exposed like Portuguese chicken.
You’ve taught me well.

If I was even more boring I could have gone on about how I was referring to the Dragons team that was in the Top 4 rather than the one that lost 38-0 to the Dogs and then we go back and forth and back and forth with the typical bullshit that you do with others...
How well do you think BA has been supported by the club this year? Do you think they’ve looked after him?
I think Smith would struggle with this squad.

Maybe. I’d like to see how he would have gone under our current administration. Maybe he would have been more vocal than BA and got some better support?
FFS. It was used in response to comments about whether BA had the same support from his club that other coaches have from theirs.

What are you on about?
we have a new #1 titty twister

@Gronk will be pissed