What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If the coach felt he needed the support I'd say he would've got it.
What are you basing that on?

I remember suggesting the reverse might be true several months back and a couple of people in the know indicated it was close to the money.

Bottom line is BA is to blame. As is Bernie. As is Max.

However, if you dare suggest the last two have a role to play in this shit fest than some f**ktard ends up calling you a titty twister. If that's the case I'm wearing it as a badge of honour.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I don't mind BA with us for 2019

Pre season will be different I would imagine. Hayne (if he signs) hopefully will be fit and healthy at no1 from game 1. Ferguson will give us some serious power at the back. I Have NFI what to do with MJ, seems to have his heart in the right place but his head is in the clouds. Just hoping he can regroup in the off season and smash it next year, will be huge for us if he could

My 2 main concerns

1. Getting our halves to be more consistent in game management, especially kicking - its crucial.
Maybe use Hayne for the big kick out when deep in our zone, the halves need to improve their accuracy

2. Injuries - every club has them, this is a given, but hopefully no where near the level we had this year. affected us more than any other side IMO

1. Hayne
2. Ferguson
3. Jennings
4. Gutho
5. Jennings
6. Norman
7. Moses
8. Alvaro
9. Mahoney
10. JPaulo
11. Mau
12. Niko
13. Brown

14. Kaysa
15. Peni
16. Mannah
17. Trex

18. Gower

Chipmunk

Coach

I remember suggesting the reverse might be true several months back and a couple of people in the know indicated it was close to the money.

However, if you dare suggest the last two have a role to play in this shit fest than some f**ktard ends up calling you a titty twister. If that's the case I'm wearing it as a badge of honour.

Well I think there is plenty to blame, not just the coach.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

If you want to take that badge off Gronk I think it should be decided in a cage match to the death.

2 titty twisters enter one titty twister leaves.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Rubbish, people have been critical of Bernie and Max all season.

Gronk

Staff member
If you want to take that badge off Gronk I think it should be decided in a cage match to the death.

2 titty twisters enter one titty twister leaves.

If the cage is a euphemism for 25yo single malt, the badge for whisky glasses and death a rotten hangover. Count me in.

Best way to solve the problems of the day.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Rubbish, people have been critical of Bernie and Max all season.
People have been disproportionately critical of BA.

What typically happens mid deathrider rant is that whenever anyone suggests that Bernie and Max might have contributed to some of the problems and that BA is not solely to blame the titty twister title comes out.

I guess it is easier to do that than have a sensible conversation.

IFR33K

Coach
If BA thought he was understaffed or not supported he should of put his foot down before the season began.

It’s not like this is Park footy where a poor season will go unnoticed.

Bringing in kidwell after a few rounds was way too late. Not even sure he was the right person to bring in.

Gronk

Staff member
If BA thought he was understaffed or not supported he should of put his foot down before the season began.

Bringing in kidwell after a few rounds was way too late. Not even sure he was the right person to bring in.

Barrett apparently had 15 staff compared to Roosters who have 27.

How do you know that under-resourced coaches don’t continually put their foot (feet) down ?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Agree. If he really wanted it he should have demanded it.

That said, I know a lot of people who complain about how they are never supported at work despite all of their complaining. Sometimes the support just isn't forthcoming.

T-Boon

Coach
this is the kind of heated debate I was hoping to get out of my "Eel to take over the Eastern Suburbs" thread.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Agree. If he really wanted it he should have demanded it.

That said, I know a lot of people who complain about how they are never supported at work despite all of their complaining. Sometimes the support just isn't forthcoming.

yeh, its not really his go, he doesn't like to whinge or complain or put the blame elsewhere

in this case he is in the wrong and probabaly should have acted on it, that of course assuming we had the budget to back him up which may have a been a reason that it wasn't acted upon

IFR33K

Coach
Barrett apparently had 15 staff compared to Roosters who have 27.

How do you know that under-resourced coaches don’t continually put their foot (feet) down ?

It’s a public forum gronk, like you and many others I have no fcking idea on what’s going on. But by the way the season went down and with the changes that were made, I’ve formed an opinion as opposed to throwing a thousand hypotheticals or many deflections.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
How the f**k do we know that BA hasnt actually complained about the lack of resources ? It’s not like he is going to call a press conference to say so!!

Also considering he didn’t quit in 2016, I doubt he is going to quit because of lack of resources in 2018!!

T-Boon

Coach
Come on lads peace. Lets get our heads together and work out how we can take over the Eastern Suburbs.