What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 110 50.7%

• Total voters

T-Boon

Coach
On a related topic I am working on an idea about NRL coaching that I think is a good one. It has to do with how we can fix what I consider to be the real problem with the NRL at moment. My theory is the problem isn't refereeing but coaching and how they have way to much time on their hands and they use it to come up with wrestling and every other monstrosity we have seen in the game over the last 15 years.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Source??? I suppose anything to make you feel better and make you believe our club isn’t the joke of the league.

They could of at least had a crack.

My source? I watched the game, it was obvious to all from the first 90 seconds that the refs were in over their head and were caught up in the occasion of Thurston's last home game.

In the second half it was 12-6 after the cowboys had a first half with 80% or so possession. We also had our 2 best middle forwards out of the game whilst the cows were at full strength. These are not excuses, these are facts, the end result was not ideal for sure but to use the cowboys game as a reason for your whinging is a bit simplistic, there are other games that you could whinge about.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My source? I watched the game, it was obvious to all from the first 90 seconds that the refs were in over their head and were caught up in the occasion of Thurston's last home game.

In the second half it was 12-6 after the cowboys had a first half with 80% or so possession. We also had our 2 best middle forwards out of the game whilst the cows were at full strength. These are not excuses, these are facts, the end result was not ideal for sure but to use the cowboys game as a reason for your whinging is a bit simplistic, there are other games that you could whinge about.
Yeah we were just a little unlucky, we’ll get em next time.

emjaycee

Coach
On a related topic I am working on an idea about NRL coaching that I think is a good one. It has to do with how we can fix what I consider to be the real problem with the NRL at moment. My theory is the problem isn't refereeing but coaching and how they have way to much time on their hands and they use it to come up with wrestling and every other monstrosity we have seen in the game over the last 15 years.
Will it be published as a BLUEPRINT?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

hindy111

Post Whore
I’d welcome his aging carcass to the club.

That said, a direct swap with Seibold wouldn’t surprise me either.

Seibold? The new super coach hey.
I feel like teams worked out Souths attack the last 2mths of the year. Where a lot of losses, a shit win to the eels. Last 2 games in finals they scored 1 try.
I could be wrong but I see Souths sliding next year and Seibold having to re invent himself.

Gronk

Staff member
I feel like teams worked out Souths attack the last 2mths of the year. Where a lot of losses, a shit win to the eels. Last 2 games in finals they scored 1 try.
I could be wrong but I see Souths sliding next year and Seibold having to re invent himself.
Plus they lose Murray Crichton and have only signed a few prospects.

JokerEel

Coach

I actually agree with you on Souths.. Unless GI is moved back to fullback and his fitness picks up I can see them doing much next season..

JokerEel

Coach
The prospect of reviving the Parramatta Eels' glory days of the 1980s may appeal to Bennett's traditionalist sensibilities. A 'Bennett to Parramatta' scenario would depend initially on how Brad Arthur starts the 2019 season.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/25/wayne-bennetts-next-move-to-keep-the-nrl-in-suspense/

Yes please especially if he brings along a few of the big boppers he has at the Broncos ATM...

But that said the club needs to make sure they don't do a St George / Newcastle and once he leaves the club is stuffed again for the next 10 years..

hindy111

Post Whore
They played some great footy. Lot of guys had career years. Sutton for example had his best season. And Cook was electric.
But will both do same next season? Add the loss of Crighton. I can see a few sides in top 4 sliding

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Maybe. I was just referring to the known interest that Brisbane have in Seibold.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hopefully we are 9 from 12 first half the year 2019, and BA gets an extension

Two other things I hope for if we are to do well

1. We are relatively injury free
2. Our halves improve dramatically in particular controlling the side in attack and kicking game

Chipmunk

Coach
Hopefully we are 9 from 12 first half the year 2019, and BA gets an extension

Two other things I hope for if we are to do well

1. We are relatively injury free
2. Our halves improve dramatically in particular controlling the side in attack and kicking game

It will be interesting to see how we start the season off next year without many home games for a couple of months.

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont want the old fossil here, with the rosters he had had and money he has spent over the years he should have had a lot more premierships to his name.

He wouldn't last 10 mins on our budget and TPAs, he is way over rated for mine.

Brisbane had their fair share on injuries this season. Thought with team had did well.
Im happy for BA to stay aslong as we get an attack coach and head of football.
Have you also heard Gurr is annoying everyone of coach staff?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
They played some great footy. Lot of guys had career years. Sutton for example had his best season. And Cook was electric.
But will both do same next season? Add the loss of Crighton. I can see a few sides in top 4 sliding

Cook has been great and will still be a good player but he is potentially another Granville once oppositions work out his running game.

Latest posts