What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Rheed is a mad merkin and would hate not playing 80 but its about the team. If its good enough for Melbourne it should be good enough for us.
Melbourne have two NRL quality dummy halves. We don't. In fact most teams don't have that luxury. For years neither did Melbourne, and so their only NRL quality hooker played 80 minutes nearly every week.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We would need at least one of the Top 4 to regress
Souths will definitely be weaker next year. A bunch of their top 17 are already 30 years old, plus Reynolds is being replaced by Milford, so their kicking game will suffer. Penrith are losing a couple of top 17 players as well. Taupau, DCE and Foran are all key players at Manly and all on the wrong side of 30, though it should be offset by improvement in their youngsters. The Roosters are also an aging side, perhaps offset by youngsters coming through. We could supplant any of these, but to do so doesn't really have much to do with coaching as it does with improvement of the squad. At this stage the oldest players in our squad next year will be Paulo, RCG and Nrown, who all turn 29 in 2022. Meanwhile ten players who played NRL this year will be 23 or younger next year. Mahoney and Papali'i will turn 24.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Papa only got 35 mins last night compared to Lane 72. Big stuff up that.
It's not about the minutes, it's about their attacking involvement.
Papa had double the amount of work as well
Exactly, which is why Papali'i in the middle for 35 minutes was ideal. He made twice as many runs as Lane but made fewer tackles. This is how you want to use your better forwards. It's easier for the opposition to stop your edge forwards from getting good ball than it is to stop your middles. Plus edge forwards can be isolated in defence, and I don't think Papali'i is such a great defender one-on-one.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
yep .... shouldn't moses be our x factor?
I think this is why he's been moved back to the right edge. We want to get him the ball with a bit of room, but it requires Dylan Brown playing in the middle (like Cleary) and reading the defence, which he isn't great at.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well if we defend like we did last night all year like Melbourne do we make top 2.

Penrith climb has been helped they have turned their defense to elite they always had attack its the defense that has propelled them from 5th or 6th to top 2
They had the best defence this year and the fourth best attack. Last year they had the best defence and the second best attack. So really, defence has been the feature of their team these previous two years, and they showed it again last night.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No. Plenty of the shit clubs have leadership, just not as much ability.

I'd say we are well above average with our ability and slightly above average in leadership.

The club should never had to tell Gutho to shut it down because it should never have happened in the first place. It was an act of pure selfishness and something that no player serious about their club should allow. The fact that he's our captain and it happened a second f**king time makes it even worse in my books.
Yep. Gutherson's contract negotiations and the 2018 wooden spoon are the alarm bells around our club. Consistently losing in week two of the finals is just a statistic that makes for dramatic narratives.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I didn’t look at the stats but that’s the shit I don’t get. Papa is a proven performer and flogged all year, to be given limited time off the bench
Don't look at the amount of time they're given, look at it in terms of runs and tackles. Divide them by the minutes if you want more insight, but just saying player-x got more minutes than player-y is meaningless. What was their role while they were on the field?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nathan Cleary will be 24 soon. When Maloney left most said Nathan has no attack.He will be found out. At age 22 he went up a level and then this season he went up another to become a top 3 player in game. Prior to the last two season most said his ceiling was Mitchell Pearce. Now people are saying A.Johns.
They're wrong. By 24 Johns was already a freak. He had won the Dally M and turned a grand final on his own. Cleary is definitely one of the best players in the game but more like Cronk; a composed, physical half who executes well.

Angry_eel

First Grade
A great captain is someone you'd go to war for and trust. Gutho isn't that. Think Cayless. You would have a different level of respect and trust towards the guy imo by the way he comes across compared to Guth. Guth however would be more fun to be around.

People here f**kin hated Cayless. I remember these forums and others. All leaders look bad until they are gone.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Then why are you so hell bent on blaming the coach?
Do you think assistants from the top clubs would come to Parra to be assistant coaches?
Money??? The chance to work with the genius footballing mind that is BA?? A strong young squad that is on rise with a centre of excellence on the way. Why are you so hellbent on talking down the club at every opportunity?? It’s disgusting!!!!!

Latest posts