What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 110 50.7%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The only way you can show that you can do something is by doing it.
That's not true at all. Do you think Souths have given Demetriou the job next year because they don't want to challenge for the premiership? By your blunt metrics he's proven nothing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Titans also had one of the worst spines in the comp. Their attack was pretty impressive considering that fact.
Attack's not just about the spine though. They have plenty of good attacking players across the park. But there's no point stacking your side with good runners if your defence collapses under pressure.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Gennings hit ups were great though. I guess its why he has moved around a lot. All his good stuff is often offset by a critical error. Not dissimilar to his issues in the round two game V our Eels. I think maybe BA provided a bit of a blueprint on how to beat Bellamy Poo.
I was joking about Bellamy having no idea. He is obviously aware that everything in rugby league is about managing risk and balancing strengths and weaknesses. With Papenhuyzen and JAC in the backfield they need a winger like Jennings or they would never get out of their red zone. The cost is a higher risk of errors or signing a better winger, which would cost them elsewhere in the squad due to the salary cap.

Noise

Coach
That's not true at all. Do you think Souths have given Demetriou the job next year because they don't want to challenge for the premiership? By your blunt metrics he's proven nothing.
Exactly. All he has proven is that he’s a good assistant coach. They are taking an educated punt that he will make a good first grade coach. And he might or he might not. But so far he hasn’t done anything as a head coach.

By your metric close enough is good enough.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly. All he has proven is that he’s a good assistant coach. They are taking an educated punt that he will make a good first grade coach. And he might or he might not. But so far he hasn’t done anything as a head coach.

By your metric close enough is good enough.
My metrics are far more nuanced. Maguire has proven he can win a premiership. Should we sign him?

In my opinion Arthur's has definitely proven he can get to week three. We need a better squad to improve our odds, but in 2021 that isn't the coach's responsibility. His job is preparing the team he's got. Recruitment/retention is the responsibility of other parts of the organisation, and if it isn't your organisation isn't professional enough to compete with the big boys.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My opinion is in line with the people who get paid to decide who the coach is. Even the media have decided Arthur's can get the job done.
Well the media have decided it so shut down the discussion, most of those same merkins in the media had Penrith dead and buried two weeks ago. They are paid to dribble shit, at least they have an excuse unlike you.

Noise

Coach
My opinion is in line with the people who get paid to decide who the coach is. Even the media have decided Arthur's can get the job done.
The people at our club who get paid to decide who the coach is haven’t got it right for years. They just want to save money. And Arthurz keeps proving them and the media wrong year after year after year after…well 8 of them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well the media have decided it so shut down the discussion, most of those same merkins in the media had Penrith dead and buried two weeks ago. They are paid to dribble shit, at least they have an excuse unlike you.
They are paid to create drama. Shitcanning a coach is one of the best ways to do that. You merkins lap it up.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The people at our club who get paid to decide who the coach is haven’t got it right for years. They just want to save money. And Arthurz keeps proving them and the media wrong year after year after year after…well 8 of them.
Woozle wozzle.

We've largely performed as expected most years. Some years we've underachieved. Others we have overarchieved but no more or less than virtually every club. The fact that the bar has been raised and the expectations are greater is evidence that we have significantly improved over the last 8 years

I dont see 2021 as a failure but I see opportunities for further improvement and I reckon we will improve again next year.

You are getting as bad as @hineyrulz with your wrist slitting gibber. Cheer up sunshine. I'll buy you a @Happy MEel if it will make you feel better.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The people at our club who get paid to decide who the coach is haven’t got it right for years.
How would you know? Can you prove anyone else who wants to come to our club would've done a better job?
They just want to save money.
Do you think we have an endless supply of it?
And Arthurz keeps proving them and the media wrong year after year after year after…well 8 of them.
Only if you begin with the untested assumption that coaching is the sole cause of finals results. I think we've overachieved in most seasons under Brad Arthur. Only 2018 stands out as a year where the team should've performed better.