What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters

lucablight

First Grade
If we beat Penrith then got wacked the following week it would of been a worse way to end the season.
We lost to the premiers by a penalty goal and some rough calls. I dont hate the end to that story.
I’m livid at what could have been. Penrith won a premiership playing the same intense line speed, arsey lack of attack style we played in the finals. They weren’t that much better than us in the end.
We were so close but came up short. Who knows if we will get the same opportunity again next season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes a constant thought in my head was “FFS when is the merkin held ?”
If the rule is that the tackle is complete once the player's off the ground then the ref should call held and award six again if they carry on with it.

Otherwise every club will be doing it and it's a terrible look for the game, like third man in around the legs.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If the rule is that the tackle is complete once the player's off the ground then the ref should call held and award six again if they carry on with it.

Otherwise every club will be doing it and it's a terrible look for the game, like third man in around the legs.
Correct me if Im wrong Poo but I thought the rule also referred to momentum in the tackle? Numerous times the players progress was halted then dragged back. To revert from forward to reverse there has to be a point when progress in either direction was nil.

lucablight

First Grade
I don't understand how people think we beat souths last night??????

We have been their whipping boys for years, I don't see how last night would have been any different
You mean how Souths were Penriths whipping boys and beat them without their best player and came within 2 points the second time? We were a different side to the one Souths beat earlier this season. By that logic we should be thankful we didn’t play the Dragons in round 1 of the finals.

84 Baby

Referee

We have been their whipping boys for years, I don't see how last night would have been any different
The difference would’ve been our outside backs. We’d have definitely given up the last try (and probably more) but I reckon the resolve shown by Dunster, Penisini and even Waqa late in season would’ve meant at least we weren’t getting carved up on the edges on the halfway line

eels_fan

First Grade
My general rule is 24 hours after the GF I stop pondering “what ifs” of the past season for my own mental health…

so given I’m still within that time frame I’m gonna say it…

if we hadn’t been duped in the Penrith game, we are partying and breaking every covid rule in existence today after having won the comp last night.

storm were woeful, and we would have beat them even more emphatically than in Round 24.

and I honestly believe we would have had the class and desire (and Crowd support) to get over the rabbits last night who weren’t great. Penrith blew countless opportunities.

it means f**k all now though, we finished 6th and that’s that.

bring on 2022! I have a good feeling about our next season, we just need a solid backup plan for Mahoney from day 1 of preseason

hineyrulz

Post Whore

The same understanding that Bea is just a good as coach as Cleary, Cleary is now a GF winner and made 3 GF’s while Bea is still yet to make a prelim. I think Bea learnt some things this year and has improved but he’s still a long way off the top coaches in the league.

Chipmunk

Coach
Yes a constant thought in my head was “FFS when is the merkin held ?”
The International Rules of Rugby League actually say that the tackle is complete when the attackers forward momentum is complete.

However, professional rugby league hasn't adhered to many of the rules contained in International Rules of Rugby League in over 30 years.

Avenger

Immortal
Good on him. Yeah we only went to week 2 of the finals but this year did feel different and I can understand the club for doing it. I’m fine with it. He has built this squad and with some luck we will win a comp during his tenure.

I’ll wait until at least mid season next year to change my vote back to ‘no.’