What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 108 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 115 51.6%

• Total voters

the phantom menace

First Grade
How about sign Bennett as coaching mentor for 2025, and whenever BA is sacked/resigns have Cheika signed in advance to leave Argentina and start as Coach.

King-Gutho94

Coach
How about sign Bennett as coaching mentor for 2025, and whenever BA is sacked/resigns have Cheika signed in advance to leave Argentina and start as Coach.
Just sign Chieka

Him and Moses are as tight as BA and Gutho.

Time to move on form the current regime.

If we have learnt anything in the past 4 weeks it's Moses side let's embrace that for the next 4 or 5 years while we have decent halfback and put someone in he trusts.

Avenger

Immortal
Just sign Chieka

Him and Moses are as tight as BA and Gutho.

Time to move on form the current regime.

If we have learnt anything in the past 4 weeks it's Moses side let's embrace that for the next 4 or 5 years while we have decent halfback and put someone in he trusts.
You will have to change your username because Darius I mean Gutho will follow BA.

King-Gutho94

Coach
BA just do the honourable thing and pull the plug this week.

It's the right time we have a bye after Manly.

The club needs a circuit breaker now.

The lemon has been squeezed dry there is nothing more left with BA in charge.

Its a game we are going to get flogged in. By telling the players he is walking away after the game in the lead-in to the bye.

Will probably bring the Jekyll out of the players as a farewell gift.

And it gives the caretaker 2 weeks with the bye to get ready and prepare the side for the last 16 rounds. This season is done and it could get very ugly if things ain't freshened up.

Gazzamatta

Coach
BA just do the honourable thing and pull the plug this week.

It's the right time we have a bye after Manly.

The club needs a circuit breaker now.

The lemon has been squeezed dry there is nothing more left with BA in charge.

Its a game we are going to get flogged in. By telling the players he is walking away after the game in the lead-in to the bye.

Will probably bring the Jekyll out of the players as a farewell gift.

And it gives the caretaker 2 weeks with the bye to get ready and prepare the side for the last 16 rounds. This season is done and it could get very ugly if things ain't freshened up.
Seriously KG its not his responsibility to resign. If our hierarchy are such that they need to be resolved of this decision then there should be no faith in them going forward. That is unless they "organise" a resignation.
My faith in BA as a coach was questioned when we had to win one of 2 remaining games in 2014 against teams lower on the table to make the semis and we tanked both games. We have destroyed numerous opportunities since then. I reckon the 16 other clubs know our deficiencies and are well prepared each time they oppose us. Its a huge cross to carry. We seriously cant move with the times on or off the field. Our leaders want stability but what we get is repeativeness. We crave leadership. Last nights presser was demoralising.
Go Parra!

hindy111

Post Whore
BA wont be sacked. They'll give him the season and will come to a mutual agreement. He will go down as 5 finals from 11 seasons and wasting our best halves/forwards we had for a 4yr period.
A wasted 11yrs overall. Is junior development any better? That's what they all promised.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Under what premise do they keep BA on?

Surely he is gone by the end of the year at least. There is absolutely no benefit for the club to allow him to see out his contract. If they do, it will he just another wasted year....and God help us if they extend him.

If they do happen to extend him, I don't think I would give a shit about nrl anymore...I'm not too far off at the moment dare I say...

BA is the most uninspiring guy I've ever seen as a coach. I have absolutely no idea how he has managed to get a gig as a nrl coach, let alone the longest serving coach in eels history. I've said it a hundred times, this guy would be a forklift driver in the real world. This guy has manipulated his way, and along the way he has used his power to gift his sons a direct pathway to nrl. It's unbelievable how he has gotten away with all of it.

Truly unbelievable

Noise

Coach
I’m also sick of the rhetoric that BA has improved the club. We made a grand final, got the spoon , lacked leadership and had a period of poor juniors in the 11 years before he got here. 11 years on we have made a grand final, got a spoon, still lack good leadership and have poor juniors coming through and are back near spoon territory again. He did bring a good dose of nepotism to the club with his son and Rhinos players, so I guess that’s something different.

Someone2

Juniors
The only coaches you would sack him for are Bennett and Bellamy

Bennett is getting too old to coach full time so bring him in as an advisor

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
BA wont be sacked. They'll give him the season and will come to a mutual agreement. He will go down as 5 finals from 11 seasons and wasting our best halves/forwards we had for a 4yr period.
A wasted 11yrs overall. Is junior development any better? That's what they all promised.
In the 11 years before that we made the finals four times. Why have we been so shit for 22 years? Brad Arthur and Mark O'Neill?

hindy111

Post Whore
In the 11 years before that we made the finals four times. Why have we been so shit for 22 years? Brad Arthur and Mark O'Neill?

Far worse sides but. BA has had a very strong squad. Squads that people had tipped to take the title. He hasn't over achieved. We played finals when we where expected to