What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 108 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 115 51.6%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He will know who we have on contract for the next three years, because he probably reads my thread. But he will want to know how much cap space is available in those years so he knows how much he could improve the squad. I doubt he will be satisfied with media reported guesstimates and will instead want the club to give him the figures.

This is essentially a tyre kicking exercise with the second order effect of helping Bennett bid up his price while potentially destabilising our 2024 campaign. And while most of our fans (including me) might have shat ourselves and written this year off already, the club would be remiss in sacrificing 2024 after eight rounds when we are only two points behind sixth place.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think Brisbane and Storm are there for the taking.
We don't have the players, smarts or ruthlessness to take advantage of it.

The Dolphins had half there big guns out and Manly weren't great.

We only needed to win 3 games in that 5 game stretch before the bye and the whole season is different.

And I reckon we pissed away 3 of them in Tigers, Dolphins and Manly losses. We could have won 4 from 5 leading into the bye.

Tigers up by 8 with less then then 20 to go.
Dolphins in front at half time
Manly up by 8 at halftime.

We should have won all those 3 games with the positions we put ourselves in.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
But Wayne Bennett is available, and has made enquiries about coming aboard.

If he's not a better coach than Brad Arthur, and the best coach available right now, I'll eat my hat.

While it's commendable that the board are being loyal to Brad, and not panicking to sign just anyone to fix things, it's also mind-boggling that there is an S-tier coach available, who reportedly would be happy to join this club, and we knock him back.
Has Wayne Bennett made enquires about coming on board?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember walking home from work in about 2013 and being excited about Sticky's replacement. I believe it was out of Arthur's and Taylor.