What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 110 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 116 51.3%

• Total voters

lucablight

First Grade
The power game was outdated before we made it to the grand final. I remember whinging about it in 2021. But Arthur's made it work. Only Penrith beat us in the finals in 2021-22. The team has declined since then but it isn't the tactics. It's the squad.
Pretty amazing how we were the only club to be seemingly affected by it. The Storm and Roosters continue to be strong to this day despite the rule changes.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

FORMER Parramatta Eels head coach Brad Arthur is set to take a short-term deal with the Leeds Rhinos, League Express can exclusively reveal.

Arthur is set to be appointed as interim boss until the end of the 2024 Super League season, with the ex-NRL boss rejecting a longer-term deal in order to head up the next NRL franchise, Perth Bears.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Are you implying we weren’t equipped to handle the transition?
We don’t even see the game the same way so you might never understand what I mean. It’s not some binary of ‘equipped’ vs not. It’s a continuum. How well equipped we were compared to other clubs. But also judging decisions based on a season or two of results is short sighted. 2019-2022 is just as relevant as the most recent two years. It all needs to be considered together. Otherwise the result is constant stupid takes from emotional fans.

lucablight

First Grade
We don’t even see the game the same way so you might never understand what I mean. It’s not some binary of ‘equipped’ vs not. It’s a continuum. How well equipped we were compared to other clubs. But also judging decisions based on a season or two of results is short sighted. 2019-2022 is just as relevant as the most recent two years. It all needs to be considered together. Otherwise the result is constant stupid takes from emotional fans.
I see this as obfuscation. I don’t blame the club for re-signing players like Paulo, Brown, Moses, RCG and Matterson on big money deals because they were playing great at the time. I think we just got very unlucky that a lot of them have had their form have fall off a cliff. I don’t think it’s anything to do with not being as equipped as other clubs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think we're less equipped than most other clubs either. But we definitely lack the resourcing of the biggest clubs. We are second tier, and until our results (on the field and in the player/staff market) improve, I will remain convinced of that.

We didn't become shit this year or last year or even when Sarantinos or O'Neill took over. Or when Arthur became coach. We have only made three grand finals in the past 38 years. It's below average.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I hope he fails miserably, especially when ever he coaches against us.

Is it time to start a new thread. - Put shit on BA thread like the Ricky one.

Btw Fox League tomorrow 5am

Leeds v Warrington - BA will be at the game

Live and exclusive if people want to get up and watch it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Is it time to start a new thread. - Put shit on BA thread like the Ricky one.

Btw Fox League tomorrow 5am

Leeds v Warrington - BA will be at the game

Live and exclusive if people want to get up and watch it.
I’ve been doing it for 6 years I’m very good at it!!

Latest posts