What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 110 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 116 51.3%

• Total voters

Chipmunk

Coach
Gould 'admits' nothing in public. He is an NRL club boss and a media figure who sells narratives.

The Broncos also punted the 'underperforming' Wayne Bennett (who still hasn't won a premiership) and brought in Seibold, who had Souths challenging for a premiership. The grass isn't always greener.
I think it was actually the Panthers CEO at the time who said of Gus' plans after the event, rather than Gus now that I think of it

12 wins in a season after making a grand final is a disgrace and a sackable offence

The Broncos will likely consider the same should they miss the Top 8 this year. And so they should.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Funny, I thought BA was Eels coach before and after 2019...
Ricky Stuart was Eels coach before 2019 as well, and I'm sure we can agree he's a better coach than 5 wins from 24.
Well, they wouldn't would they.... Given the new management of 2019 occurred after the preceding five years you're now somehow trying to discount from BA's coaching record.
They knew no coach was set up for success prior to 2019, so why should his record count against him? Cleary's record before 2019 was poor as well, and it didn't stop the Panthers bringing him back.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
12 wins in a season after making a grand final is a disgrace and a sackable offence
We won fewer games in 2002 and 2010, and the same number in 1987. It doesn't take much bad luck to drop a few games, especially when a squad is in decline, as was the case in all of those years. It would be nice to make the grand final at the start of the premiership window, but sometimes it happens at the end. It's all part of the normal distribution of wins. Calling it "a disgrace and a sackable offence" is puerile.
The Broncos will likely consider the same should they miss the Top 8 this year. And so they should.
I'm sure they will if they're listening to the fans, but we know what Wayne Bennett said about listening to those merkins.

Ricky Stuart was Eels coach before 2019 as well, and I'm sure we can agree he's a better coach than 5 wins from 24.
But he wasn't a better Eels coach than 5 from 24 - and nothing you try to concoct will change that.
They knew no coach was set up for success prior to 2019, so why should his record count against him? Cleary's record before 2019 was poor as well, and it didn't stop the Panthers bringing him back.
BA's record before 2019 didn't come into anything, as he was continuously employed and extended regardless - until he was given the arse, presumably for an even smaller sample size of 2023-24.

But that's no excuse for you trying to truncate his Eels record and concoct some nonsense, nor for trying another apples to oranges comparison to Cleary's sacking and years later return.

Run Away Special Effects GIF by US National Archives

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Panthers sacked their previous coach whilst they were still in the Top 4...

They've since gone on to make 4 Grand Finals and win 3 Premierships in the following 5 years.

Who gives a f**k how you're going in a season. If you're no longer the best option, then it's time for you to pack up your gear up and f**k off.
Old West Yes GIF by GritTV

hineyrulz

Post Whore
His record pre-2019 was at a weaker, less professional club. It is markedly different to his record since the new governance structure. Even including 2023 and 2024 it is 58%, compared to only 45% beforehand. The four years was indeed a small sample, but the preceding five years didn't reflect Arthur's ability to coach under the new management.
Bea’s gone, time to stop licking his balls ffs!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We won fewer games in 2002 and 2010, and the same number in 1987. It doesn't take much bad luck to drop a few games, especially when a squad is in decline, as was the case in all of those years. It would be nice to make the grand final at the start of the premiership window, but sometimes it happens at the end. It's all part of the normal distribution of wins. Calling it "a disgrace and a sackable offence" is puerile.

I'm sure they will if they're listening to the fans, but we know what Wayne Bennett said about listening to those merkins.
The gobbling never ends, what do you do to combat lockjaw???

Chipmunk

Coach

It's still all irrelevant how many games you win in a season and where you finish on the ladder. If you're no longer the best person available to coach the team, you should be told to pack your bags and f**k off, so that the better option can take your place.

As I have pointed out, I suspect this was the case for this team sometime ago before the club finally decided to part ways..

Latest posts