What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 110 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 116 51.3%

• Total voters

Suitman

Post Whore
I think they replaced him so they could get rid of some senior players. If he couldn't coach, he wouldn't have achieved the record he did.
He had little say in control of recruitment and retention, or so you have told us, so why would they need to replace him to do that? If the club still thought he had something to offer, they just would have moved on the senior players.
They've replaced him because he was stale and we were going nowhere but down.
He was given more than enough chances. Probably the longest tenure of any unsuccessful coach ever, except maybe Ricky and that's Canberra's problem.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's all very confusing.
. Everyone in the media, all his opposition coaches and many fans rate BA.
. The hierarchy of our club are definitely the right people who wouldn't be swayed by stupid fans.
Yet here we are with unlucky Brad sacked.
So where did it all go wrong?
It's just more evidence that coaches are largely interchangeable. As I've said in the past, if he gets sacked it'll be due to his relationships within the club, not because of his coaching knowledge or tactics. He had coached over 200 NRL games before his 50th birthday. He knows what he's doing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He had little say in control of recruitment and retention, or so you have told us
No, you told us he had full access to the club's chequebook and just chose to be stingy. See, we can all bullshit and misrepresent each other.

Arthur had a say in recruitment and retention, but he didn't get to keep all the players he developed with no thought of the salary cap. I'm sure he would've preferred to keep all the players who made the finals in 2019-2022, but the salary cap forces some of those players out of high performing clubs. And unlike at Penrith we didn't have the strong juniors coming into the full time squad at the end of 2022. Because we had to reduce spending during Covid we had a gap in our pathways and those young players we needed last year won't be ready until 2025.
, so why would they need to replace him to do that? If the club still thought he had something to offer, they just would have moved on the senior players.
You can't "just move on" players because their payouts are included under the cap and limit the club's ability to sign replacements.
They've replaced him because he was stale and we were going nowhere but down.
He was given more than enough chances. Probably the longest tenure of any unsuccessful coach ever, except maybe Ricky and that's Canberra's problem.
This is about relationships not coaching ability.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon there were plenty of clubs who were financially hurt by Covid. There were obviously some who weren't, reflecting the reality that some people and businesses got richer during Covid while many got poorer. It's a shame the owner of the Parramatta Eels is a registered club with few other sources of income, if any. A private owner with diverse revenue streams is what you want. Bring back that rich bloke with the wheelchair.

Suitman

Post Whore
No, you told us he had full access to the club's chequebook

I've never said that so don't lie and make up bullshit to support your pathetic theories and don't accuse me of things I have never said.
I have however said that he would have had a huge say in who we did and didn't recruit.

You can't "just move on" players because their payouts are included under the cap
But you just told us they got rid of Arthur so they could do exactly that.

I think they replaced him so they could get rid of some senior players.

Really Pou, take a break. You're bullshit knows no bounds.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I've never said that so don't lie and make up bullshit to support your pathetic theories and don't accuse me of things I have never said.
Yeah you don't like when it happens to you do you? Don't f**king do it to me.
I have however said that he would have had a huge say in who we did and didn't recruit.
I agree, and I have said as much.
But you just told us they got rid of Arthur so they could do exactly that.
Because they need to be encouraged to agree to f**k off, and having their mate as coach will make that harder.

Suitman

Post Whore

f**k off. I call out your bullshit. Nothing else. I don't have to lie to do it.
Because they need to be encouraged to agree to f**k off, and having their mate as coach will make that harder.

So which is it? Can we get rid of them or not, because you've said both within the last page. See? This is the shit you continually carry on with just to be argumentative which is why you are considered the biggest troll in the Eels forum.

I agree, and I have said as much.

Do f**k off for a break mate, your bullshit argumentative for the sake of it shtick is getting real stale - source: your post above. Maybe pay some more attention to the family or another hobby or something else for a while?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
f**k off. I call out your bullshit. Nothing else. I don't have to lie to do it.
You absolutely made shit up. That’s why you couldn’t quote it. I tell you idiots he doesn’t have control of recruitment/retention and you twist my words. It’s called a strawman. I say we're not as big as the Storm or Panthers and suddenly we're a tiny club. I say we were lucky in 2022 and unlucky in 2023 and suddenly everything is about luck. I say the coach doesn't control the players on the field and suddenly nothing is the coach's responsibility. These are all strawmen, and you use them because you're unable to engage with my actual argument.
So which is it? Can we get rid of them or not, because you've said both within the last page.
Well I’m sure we’re going to try. But it’s not about whether we can just move them on. That’s easy when you're paying them to play elsewhere. But success will be measured by how much cap space is freed up, which means minimal payouts. How will we know the size of each payout? We won't, I'm sorry to tell you. Buzz Rothfield might know or he might not. If he doesn't he might just make up a number. You will lap that shit up.
See? This is the shit you continually carry on with just to be argumentative which is why you are considered the biggest troll in the Eels forum.
That’s because most of you are too dopey to realise the things occurring off the field aren't simple. fFs PoUpOo CaN wE gEt RiD oF aLl ThE pLaYeRs Or NoT?!? oNlY oNe Of ThEsE tHiNgS iS pOsSiBlE yOu TrOlL!!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It's just more evidence that coaches are largely interchangeable. As I've said in the past, if he gets sacked it'll be due to his relationships within the club, not because of his coaching knowledge or tactics. He had coached over 200 NRL games before his 50th birthday. He knows what he's doing.

he may know with some certainty what he is doing but he just doesn't do it very well

Latest posts