What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 110 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 116 51.3%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was more referring to the insane clause in Foran's contract that let him walk out, but I didn't state that - my bad.

Hodgson, and Watmough, are fine players - but they were old, and injury-prone, when we signed them - I don't think they were good signings.
Hodgson missed a couple of seasons injured but the one right before we signed him was fine. If Watmough was injury prone he certainly played through his injuries, playing 20+ games every single year since 2006.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Basketball Shrug GIF by Harlem Globetrotters

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hodgson had recovered from the knee injury (injured in 2020) and played 20 games (in 2021) when we signed him. He injured his knee again (in 2022) after we signed him (for 2023).

I still reckon it was a risky move to sign him, given his age.

A classy player, no doubt - but a desperate move by the club, imo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hodgson missed a couple of seasons injured but the one right before we signed him was fine. If Watmough was injury prone he certainly played through his injuries, playing 20+ games every single year since 2006.

Watmough missed a few games for us due to niggles, which is fine - you'd expect a player who has played for Australia, and NSW, on a regular basis, to miss some games.

But, again - it was the fact he was again, combined with the fact his body was starting to fail him.

Arthur no doubt signed him to be a leader, and that was possibly an astute move.

But on the field, he struggled.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Watmough missed a few games for us due to niggles, which is fine - you'd expect a player who has played for Australia, and NSW, on a regular basis, to miss some games.

But, again - it was the fact he was again, combined with the fact his body was starting to fail him.

Arthur no doubt signed him to be a leader, and that was possibly an astute move.

But on the field, he struggled.
A leader that didn’t want to be here, he admitted that. lol another Bea Arthur classic.

Latest posts