What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Sizzler still operate in OZ?

Anonymous

Juniors
sullyfan said:
There was one in Maroubra about 10 or so years ago and when it first opened you would have to queue for hours to get in. But after a couple of years it closed up due to lack of business. It was quite surprising since it was always a good feed.

That was the one I was talking about in my thread above yours. Trust me, lack of business had nothing to do with it.

Andy

First Grade
mmm... all you can eat. If we still had sizzler in Newcastle, I'd be fat. No doubt.

astrogirl

First Grade
Just joking Andy, hence the ;-)

Mental note to self - no more lighthearted comments directed at Andy :(

wittyfan

Referee
Timbo said:
sullyfan said:
There was one in Maroubra about 10 or so years ago and when it first opened you would have to queue for hours to get in. But after a couple of years it closed up due to lack of business. It was quite surprising since it was always a good feed.

That was the one I was talking about in my thread above yours. Trust me, lack of business had nothing to do with it.

Still, business did drop off a bit. There was also one at Bondi Junction.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Used to be one at Gosford i used to go to when i was younger it was great then Valentines moved in which was pretty similiar. Since then Domayne has taken over.

I have been to a Sizzlers in QLD before but a few years ago now. I haven't seen a Sizzler for ages.

LeagueNut

First Grade
my eagle eye said:
Bobby DIGital said:
my eagle eye said:
Didn't they get in trouble for being unhygenic?

There's heaps in New Zealand.

Really? :?

I only know Sizzlers as those tight lil sausages...wit cheese up in em n stuff.
When i went to NZ they were f**king everywhere. that was about 5 years ago though.

I used to work for Sizzler many, many moons ago ... they started shutting them down around 1996/1997 I think (financial troubles). There is still one that I know of in Rotorua, but it is a completely different set-up than the way it used to be. *sigh*

ucantseeme

Juniors
they served pretty simple fare, be a bit hard to stuff it up consistantly and drive punters away. How hard is it to heat up a steak?

wasn't half the place self serve? they had dessert bar, salad bar, pasta bar.

grab a plate and go nuts.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Is there a Sizzler around Penrith way? I'm heading over there in a month or so and would love to pay them a visit!

Agent Mulder

Bench
SIZZLER? RUBBISH!

I remember the days when people used to line up down the street like people do with Krispy Kreme Dounts.

Both Places are Highley Overated and Very Average

Anonymous

Juniors
Agent Mulder said:
SIZZLER? RUBBISH!

I remember the days when people used to line up down the street like people do with Krispy Kreme Dounts.

Sizzler, maybe? But Krispy Kremes? BEST DOUGHNUTS ON EARTH!

stevo

Juniors
there is a few still in qld. the city, down the goldie, i think theres one out alex hills way, toombul, carindale.... hey razor how long has the one at the skyperdome been shut. i thought it was still open but i haven't been there for a few weeks, well not the eatery area. We have subway there now though

Agent Mulder

Bench
Timbo said:
Agent Mulder said:
SIZZLER? RUBBISH!

Sizzler, maybe? But Krispy Kremes? BEST DOUGHNUTS ON EARTH!

Bloody Rubbish,You can the same sort of Doughnuts at Dount King and Dount King Dounts are twice as big.

KKK is bloody rip off, 2 Dounts and a Coffee for $8 ummm no!

And as Astrogirl said all full of FAT.

bubs

Juniors
The only one I know of at the moment is attatched to the DragQueens Leagues Club.
There never was one at Engadine. That was a Pizza Hut dine in restaurant.
I thought they were in trouble for hygiene as well. I believe that was why they went bust.

kaza_79

Juniors
There used to be one at Penrith and St Mary's but closed down about 1997. The one at St Mary's is a Hogs Breath, and Penrith is a Silver Spur, both nice places.