What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Sizzler still operate in OZ?

ucantseeme

Juniors
When i was younger i remeber going there a few times with the family and there was always a line around the corner to get in, with that kind of demand you'd think the chain would expand and they'd be all over the place.

The last time i went to one was 1992 on the Gold Coast.

Has anyone been since then, is it still good or has it gone downhill to explain why there are nearly no stores in oz?

astrogirl

First Grade
I used to love Sizzler when I was a kid.

I think there may be one in Sydney. Not sure of the suburb. It's south of Parramatta. Maybe corner of Hume Hwy and Woodforde Road. (Not sure - I may be making this up.)

MEE

Juniors
Didn't they get in trouble for being unhygenic?

There's heaps in New Zealand.

***MH***

Bench
astrogirl said:
I used to love Sizzler when I was a kid.

I think there may be one in Sydney. Not sure of the suburb. It's south of Parramatta. Maybe corner of Hume Hwy and Woodforde Road. (Not sure - I may be making this up.)
yup, just down the road west from the meccano lights....
but what about those old pizza hut eat in restaurants! there are only two that i know of that still operate in sydney but they were the best! Woodville road and Engadine

astrogirl

First Grade
my eagle eye said:
That doesn't surprise me.

Oh well - I never got food poisoning as a result of eating there. I have a strong constitution :D

Razor

Coach
There was one at Loganholme until about a month ago. It could reopen as the area it was located is all shut off while the centre is expanded - McDonalds is gone at the moment as well

weasel

First Grade
There's one not far from where I live. Actually, there's heaps in Queensland, I'm pretty sure the franchise originated in this state. Ten years ago they were really popular and always packed but now they're pretty poorly attended and the salad bar is rather pov for the price you pay.

El Coconuto

Bench
I went to one in Provo, Utah last year and it was dirt cheap. The food was really good too. Much like it used to be here. Not anymore though. :?

felix

Juniors
there's one in Carramar on the Hume Hwy in Sydney
always packed, always queues going outside around the corner
great food though, all you can eat :D

ucantseeme

Juniors
strange how most of them are out west in NSW, for the few that are there.

i still remeber the french toast i had there in 1992, yum yum.

maybe they could put one out at homebush, near telstra stadium. that'd be convenient.

i supposed it is just a chain store version of pub grub, but it seemed more welcoming and family oriented than a bistro.

Anonymous

Juniors
There's one in Belconnen (Canberra), other than that I think they're all in western Sydney.

I think the law-suits originated when someone threw up outside the store at Pagewood, and someone slipped on it and hurt themselves. Sizzler was found to be liable for not cleaning it up and it went downhill from there.

Oh, anyone craving pan bread, you can buy it from Franklins these days...

wittyfan

Referee
There was one in Maroubra about 10 or so years ago and when it first opened you would have to queue for hours to get in. But after a couple of years it closed up due to lack of business. It was quite surprising since it was always a good feed.

my eagle eye said:

Really? :?

I only know Sizzlers as those tight lil sausages...wit cheese up in em n stuff.

MEE

Juniors
Bobby DIGital said:
my eagle eye said:

Really? :?

I only know Sizzlers as those tight lil sausages...wit cheese up in em n stuff.
When i went to NZ they were f**king everywhere. that was about 5 years ago though.

Latest posts