What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dogs accept compensation offer for SBW.

j0nesy

Bench
it said they had accepted the offer?

I heard it slightly differently - I thought rabs said something similar to this - Danny Weilder has just called through to let them know that SBW and the Bulldogs had reached an agreement... AFTER an initial offer of 750K by SBW.

If it was 750 then the Bulldogs probably sold themselves short. It was always going to be settled out of court, I think the right outcome has been reached.

eastsrule

Bench
Thank god it is over. It is a waste of time and money for everyone involved if it went further.

I heard it slightly differently - I thought rabs said something similar to this - Danny Weilder has just called through to let them know that SBW and the Bulldogs had reached an agreement... AFTER an initial offer of 750K by SBW.

If it was 750 then the Bulldogs probably sold themselves short. It was always going to be settled out of court, I think the right outcome has been reached.

could be right on that, the footy is putting me half to sleep.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Yep I am happy, and now hopefully the SBW stories will dry up and we can focus on the rest of the season, and more importantly (well as a dogs supporter), the World Cup at the end of the year!

ibeme

First Grade
Thank god it is over. It is a waste of time and money for everyone involved if it went further.

If this is how it was always going to end, then yes it would have been a waste of time and money to continue any further, but the legal action taken to date was necessary in achieving an outcome. To let SBW walk out and not pursue it would have been irresponsible on the Bulldogs and NRL's part.

pcpp

Juniors
750K???

I thought Toulon were at some stage offering to pay out $BW's contract? Which is around 2 million?