What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dogs accept compensation offer for SBW.

bartman

Immortal
DontFeedtheTrolls.jpg

;-)

ibeme

First Grade
i want to see Nasser get his arse sued off and cough up some serious coin

I'd like to see that too, but I reckon part of the settlement would be under the condition that they drop the case against all of them.

I saw on Ch9 new, the Toulon owner came out and said the settlement should be reached pretty fast. He said something along the lines of knowing things about the Bulldogs that would shock everybody. Gave the impression that he had information that he'd use against them. As far as I'm concerned, if he's got shocking information, then he should come out and tell us what it is. To use it as a bargaining chip or as blackmail is shows how slimy the prick is. He's obviously more concerned with how he can benefit from the information rather than doing what's right.

If this is how this guy operates, SBW might be forced to reassess his views on the way the Bulldogs treated him.

I'd like to see that too, but I reckon part of the settlement would be under the condition that they drop the case against all of them.

I saw on Ch9 new, the Toulon owner came out and said the settlement should be reached pretty fast. He said something along the lines of knowing things about the Bulldogs that would shock everybody. Gave the impression that he had information that he'd use against them. As far as I'm concerned, if he's got shocking information, then he should come out and tell us what it is. To use it as a bargaining chip or as blackmail is shows how slimy the prick is. He's obviously more concerned with how he can benefit from the information rather than doing what's right.

If this is how this guy operates, SBW might be forced to reassess his views on the way the Bulldogs treated him.

hes full of s**t.

last week he said he would ignore an australian court.

he writes comics for a living, making up stories has made him rich

so hes a good story teller

Redback71

First Grade
Thank god it is over. It is a waste of time and money for everyone involved if it went further.
the way I see it nothing has been settled and it just shows to the rest of the players in the NRL that if they want to jump ship they can.

screeny

Bench
the way I see it nothing has been settled and it just shows to the rest of the players in the NRL that if they want to jump ship they can.
Yeah that's what it looks like to me too.

And that owner has been a right smug git throughout all of this, virtually laughing at RL, the Dogs, the NRL and the Australian justice system all the way, but at least his refusal to play SBW was proof to everyone that the Dogs had gone the right way about it.

But my god, $750,000. That's chump change!

boonboon

Juniors
Seems a fair amount and sets a good precedent I think - whatever you think clubs wont be throwing out 750k on top of contracts for every player and if the french club are probably dirty but were too involved at this stage to pull out . As for NRL clubs i'm sure thier a few who wouldnt mind dumping a player or 2 if they could get a payout for them - remember this is free cash for the dogs who have the money to spend plus have probably svaed themselves half his contract this year so 1 million for doing not much - they will loose a little but this will more then cover it

This is pocket money. The Dogs are already losing sponsorship money because of Money Bill`s absence. Also, he`s impossible to replace. 750k for the damage that`s been caused to the Dogs for the next 3 seasons is nothing more than pocket money.

ozbash

Referee
so, there is a morality and integrity fire sale at bulldogs central..

club honour will go to the lowest bidder.

onya sonny, if it had gone through the courts the dogs would have got their cheap arses kicked..

sretsoor

Juniors
This is pocket money. The Dogs are already losing sponsorship money because of Money Bill`s absence. Also, he`s impossible to replace. 750k for the damage that`s been caused to the Dogs for the next 3 seasons is nothing more than pocket money.

That may be but the dogs cant bring that up as it will support SBW's case that he wasnt getting his market value.

Basically it has really come done to a transfer fee which all European clubs are use to paying in any event.

ozbash

Referee
hes full of s**t.

last week he said he would ignore an australian court.

he writes comics for a living, making up stories has made him rich

so hes a good story teller

lol, if he is full of sh*t, where does that leave the NRL and the dogs ?

overflowing ??

eastsrule

Bench
That may be but the dogs cant bring that up as it will support SBW's case that he wasnt getting his market value.

Basically it has really come done to a transfer fee which all European clubs are use to paying in any event.

Good point.

There is a perception in here that the Bulldogs could have got $2mil through the courts...:lol:

Good point.

There is a perception in here that the Bulldogs could have got $2mil through the courts...:lol:

Maybe they could have.

Most Rugby League supporters will think that money is a cop-out by the Dogs.

What do you think?

Wait, I don't care what you think and neither should anyone else here.

By the way, why don't you tell everyone who the "Easts" are in your nic?

Just so there's no doubt that you're not a troll, of course. *cough, cough*

eastsrule

Bench
Maybe they could have.

Most Rugby League supporters will think that money is a cop-out by the Dogs.

What do you think?

Wait, I don't care what you think and neither should anyone else here.

By the way, why don't you tell everyone who the "Easts" are in your nic?

Just so there's no doubt that you're not a troll, of course. *cough, cough*

The grumpy old man thing has been done to death, EA. In fact I think you have lost a bit over the years. You were a lot wittier at one stage.

What is your alternative if the "money is a cop-out"? What else could the Bulldogs have got out of this besides money? And if you are whinging about the amount of money then that is hypocritical.

As for my nickname, it is easts rugby club. I also go for the roosters and knights in rugby league.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the Tigers' season, EA.

Not sure about that, I dont think he's as bad as Mark1234567890 or his later incarnations.

you really took offence to that guy.

does he haunt your dreams so? I like you. So i will say to you: i think you need to move on and get over it. are you that fragile? I wish you well.

Latest posts