What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs and Dragons: Time to step up to the mark.

fanatique

Juniors
Dogs and Dragons play out of town teams in the PFs this weekend. Supposedly two of the best supported teams in Sydney are going to have to step up and be counted since the out of towners won't fill the stadiums.

There is a very real chance that the Swans will outdraw both PFs and that IMO would be a disaster. Imagine the headlines !!!

Come on people get out there. I expect he broncs to bring some siupport and the Dogs game should get say 38,000 but to be brutally honest I am worried about the Dragons V Storm. Storm won't bring many and the Dragon Army is a bit of a myth. loud and vocal but nowhere near as numerous as they like to think. Time adn again we predict decent attendances when they play. Time and again they don't show. I actually fear that game could stink as a draw card and do well to get say 32,000. Don't take offence Dragons i'm only telling it like it is.

Any neutrals going? I am not a Dog but am going to go hopefully to see brissy lose.

Stagger eel

Staff member
both games will attract 30'000 which I think will will be good result considering both games will both have out of town teams.

The Preacher

First Grade
fanatique said:
Dogs and Dragons play out of town teams in the PFs this weekend. Supposedly two of the best supported teams in Sydney are going to have to step up and be counted since the out of towners won't fill the stadiums.

There is a very real chance that the Swans will outdraw both PFs and that IMO would be a disaster. Imagine the headlines !!!

Come on people get out there. I expect he broncs to bring some siupport and the Dogs game should get say 38,000 but to be brutally honest I am worried about the Dragons V Storm. Storm won't bring many and the Dragon Army is a bit of a myth. loud and vocal but nowhere near as numerous as they like to think. Time adn again we predict decent attendances when they play. Time and again they don't show. I actually fear that game could stink as a draw card and do well to get say 32,000. Don't take offence Dragons i'm only telling it like it is.

Any neutrals going? I am not a Dog but am going to go hopefully to see brissy lose.

To call the "Army" a myth is very, very, strange. Last week they took up well over two bays of Aussie Stadium, and they just about OWN the hill areas at Oki and Win, they had a large attendance at Suncorp and will be in large numbers again this week.
I don't sit with them, so my defence of them has nothing to do with self promotion, it's a fact that they would run second in numbers of attendee's, with IMO, only the Dogs having bigger numbers of participants.:?

brendothejet

First Grade
To call the dragon army a myth is ignorant. No other team boasts such a collection of flags, banners and of course the giants jersey and crest, backed up by a huge contingent of singing cheering fans.

the dragon army dont just stay within the confines of their home either, they travel. I've been to melbourne, new zealand and every where within coo-ee of sydney and always with me are the comrades in arms.

this saturday night the dragon army will prove all doubters wrong.

fanatique

Juniors
brendothejet said:
To call the dragon army a myth is ignorant. No other team boasts such a collection of flags, banners and of course the giants jersey and crest, backed up by a huge contingent of singing cheering fans.

the dragon army dont just stay within the confines of their home either, they travel. I've been to melbourne, new zealand and every where within coo-ee of sydney and always with me are the comrades in arms.

this saturday night the dragon army will prove all doubters wrong.

Bren I accepted that the Dragon support was to quote myself "loud and vocal". I simply pointed out the numbers were not really what was usually predicted. I'm not bagging you and would love to see a huge and vocal Dragon contingent cheering on a winning team against the Storm.

It's more the fact that the out of twoners won't be there whidh causes worry about the crowd so as i aay you really do need to get out there.

Godz Illa

Coach
Maybe what you really meant is: "the dragon army are of mythical proportions"

da2.jpg

da3.jpg

pics courtesy Fabs of DAF.

brendothejet

First Grade
the people in that photo are the ones that are their every week.

Hardly fair to be taking pot shots at them.

People seem to confuse the entire dragons supporter base with the dragon army.

The Dragon Army are the hardcore fans. THe ones that know all the songs. That would rather sit behind the posts with all their mates and wave their flags than buy tickets in the great seats and applaud.

brendothejet

First Grade
no im not saying you are fantique.

there are a lot of people on this board who enjoy giving sh*t to the army. i'm tired of them.

phonetic

Juniors
The army is not what it once was.

Thinking back to 96 and 99 sends shivers down my spine. The preliminary final vs Cronulla at homebush was huge. We would have filled 3 bays from fence to right at the back, and they are big bays out at homebush. The week before vs Easts at the SFS was almost as good. 2001 at the showground vs Canterbury was also stirring, as we watched our boys upset the dogs 23-22.

Friday night was good. We were vocal, and it was a great atmosphere down at the Northern end, but it was not a patch on what the army was in it's prime. I still don't agree with these tossers on here taking pot shots about the 'mythical' St George base not turning up again. FFS, there was about 26,593 St George fans out of 30,900.

We are still vocal, and still outnumber any 'army' going around. And I'm pretty sure there will be a huge turnout on Saturday night..

ouwet

Bench
phonetic said:

Thinking back to 96 and 99 sends shivers down my spine. The preliminary final vs Cronulla at homebush was huge. We would have filled 3 bays from fence to right at the back, and they are big bays out at homebush. The week before vs Easts at the SFS was almost as good. 2001 at the showground vs Canterbury was also stirring, as we watched our boys upset the dogs 23-22.

Yeah i was at that game and i have to say the Dragons army that night was impressive! First time the away hill was ever filled by away supporters.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ATTENTION NRL FANS :crazy:

I don't care if you support:

Brisbane
Bulldogs
Canberra
Cronulla
Manly
Melbourne
Newcastle
New Zealand
North Qld
Parramatta
Penrith
St George-Illawarra
South Sydney
Sydney Roosters
or Wests Tigers.

If you can't find anything better to do, and have $30 to spare on Friday night, get to Aussie Stadium.

If you can't find anything better to do, and have $30 to spare on Saturday night, get to Telstra Stadium.

Don't confuse the two, you'll be giving the AFL revenue.

Neutral fans, fans of the clubs involved.... get out there, cheer, yell, scream... hell sit there and sulk. We cannot and should not be embarrassed by the AFL. Anyone here who sits and criticises the crowd when they could've gotten to each game themselves is kidding themselves. [martyr mode]I'll be missing the first 3/4 of a friend's 21st party to be at Aussie on Friday night, and if it weren't for another 21st in Newcastle on Saturday night I almost certainly would have headed to Telstra for the Saints game as well.

If you're passionate about league, it's time to show it. Get to the game if you can, STFU if you can't. We need to show the AFL what we're about, and this weekend is the time. Last year the Aussie qualifier sold out. There's no reason it shouldn't again. Anything less than 40,000 at Telstra on Saturday night is a CRIME.

GET OUT THERE! :crazy:

timma

Juniors
fanatique said:

Dragons are the most sydney supported team.Their crowd is loud and they are always chanten.No other team is as loud or shows that passion

phonetic

Juniors
Fire up Timmah.

I think you'll get your 40,000 wish for Saturday night. I'm playing around on ticktek and the best you can get in category 1 for 4 people is in bay 405, upstairs in the grandstand on the homebush bay brewery side of the ground. (eastern.. I think?). It looks as if sales are shaping up quite nicely. I think a lot will depend on how many of the Bundy Rum Zone ticketholders decide to show.

timma

Juniors
Dragons Are Easily The Most Sydney Supported Team
Not One Other Teams Crowd Are As Loud Or Sings Or As Big
Look At Manly Last Fri Night They Had Hardly Any Supporters

Everyone Get To A Game This Friday And Saturday Night Whichever Nrl Team U Support,both Games Will Be Awesome

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
phonetic said:
Fire up Timmah.

I think you'll get your 40,000 wish for Saturday night. I'm playing around on ticktek and the best you can get in category 1 for 4 people is in bay 405, upstairs in the grandstand on the homebush bay brewery side of the ground. (eastern.. I think?). It looks as if sales are shaping up quite nicely. I think a lot will depend on how many of the Bundy Rum Zone ticketholders decide to show.

*fires up*

ouwet

Bench
Agreed everyone get out to the game/s... Stop being Arm Chair supporters and support Rugby League!!!

innsaneink

Referee
phonetic said:

Friday night was good. We were vocal, and it was a great atmosphere down at the Northern end, but it was not a patch on what the army was in it's prime. I still don't agree with these tossers on here taking pot shots about the 'mythical' St George base not turning up again. FFS, there was about 26,593 St George fans out of 30,900.

We are still vocal, and still outnumber any 'army' going around. And I'm pretty sure there will be a huge turnout on Saturday night..

Not a dig, more an observation.

When your teams losing, you shut up.

Other fan bases continue to cheer, sing and chant...I remember V Roosters at Aussie last year bout rd.3, we had a try scored against us, lost the lead yet we continued to chant and cheer as our boys waited in the ingoal for the kick....the satisfaction when they come from behind to win was enormous.

As the chant goes...
music-notes.gif
"you only sing when your winning..."
music-notes.gif

Its true.

Think I'll watch on TV

Latest posts