What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs and Dragons: Time to step up to the mark.

JK

innsaneink said:
Jesus christ...first you talk yourself up for going out to the football to support your team.

Now here you are telling me how I feel despite me stating otherwise.
Youre f**kin good mate. TWO pats onthe back for you
Are you really that insecure you need to boost your self esteem by talking yourself up on the net?

:lol:

Wicks

Juniors
Nook said:
There are arguments both ways. Last year's setup was unfair to some fans. For high-demand games there are no dramas only having tickets available in the final week. The less appealing games obviously suffer.

When you are talking about keeping high numbers in attendance it wasn't unfair for anyone Tigers got alot of tickets that were unavailable prior to that week They came out of the woodwork They also had the NRL contravene the bay structure for finals And all this dominated the newspapers when the illegal tactics didnt get a look in The final numbers were nowhere near the domination portrayed

The best system they have had is the finals packages that were bought months in advance The earlier tickets are for sale the better Being a Sydneysider you should realise it weighted too far in favour of television and out of town teams You will start to see Grand Finals not sell out as the two prelimiary finals leave Sydney And then there will be all the justification to move the Grand Final It will happen Any Sydneysider not helping to support bigger crowds is shooting themselves in the foot

Dont know anyone can be happy about a manipulated result You will be a good team again next year because someone will believe it will fix the poorer crowds through this season Watch the play the ball speed change again

Any truth to the rumour there's a bust of Tim Mander in all three leagues clubs?

Ice777

Bench
Nook said:
IMO the reason this finals series feels a little flat is because we've been incredibly spoilt in recent years.

Not to mention some of the lopsided scorelines we've had. The winning sides have racked up 165 points between them as opposed to 52 for the losing sides so i think that pretty much tells the story about how uneven the teams have been so far. But the best of the best are left and i think you'll see a classic finals series from here on end ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Question - why is anybody going to the game "obviously talking themselves up"?

Also, why is it that you tossers seem to be Tigers fans having a go? Petty jealousy is the only reason I can think of. Suit yourselves. I'll be at the game on Friday night, end of story.

Timmah

Staff member
Ice777 said:
Not to mention some of the lopsided scorelines we've had. The winning sides have racked up 165 points between them as opposed to 46 for the losing sides so i think that pretty much tells the story about how uneven the teams have been so far. But the best of the best are left and i think you'll see a classic finals series from here on end ;-)

I 100% concur. I doubt we'll see any blowouts from here on in.

Nook

Bench
When you are talking about keeping high numbers in attendance it wasn't unfair for anyone Tigers got alot of tickets that were unavailable prior to that week They came out of the woodwork

Came out of the woodwork? Err, I've been a Tigers season ticket holder since I was 5 and I only got tickets through the ballot last year. Hardly out of the woodwork.

Speaking of coming out of the woodwork, when are all the Saints fans due to do so? This weekend or next? Certainly haven't seen much evidence of it yet.

The best system they have had is the finals packages that were bought months in advance The earlier tickets are for sale the better Being a Sydneysider you should realise it weighted too far in favour of television and out of town teams You will start to see Grand Finals not sell out as the two prelimiary finals leave Sydney And then there will be all the justification to move the Grand Final It will happen Any Sydneysider not helping to support bigger crowds is shooting themselves in the foot

A more flexible system is better overall. You run the risk of low turnouts to unattractive matches - but having tickets available weeks in advance certainly didn't help Melbourne v Cowboys at the SFS last year in terms of pulling in a big crowd. Different story from next year onwards anyway with the finals moving all over the place.

Dont know anyone can be happy about a manipulated result You will be a good team again next year because someone will believe it will fix the poorer crowds through this season Watch the play the ball speed change again

Any truth to the rumour there's a bust of Tim Mander in all three leagues clubs?

A manipulated result? :lol: Sore losers that can't speak English :lol: Gotta love 'em.

Timmah

Staff member
Nook... why is it that anybody who isn't you automatically can't speak English?

Superiority complex much? Remember, your premiership expires in less than a fortnight ;-)

Nook

Bench
Question - why is anybody going to the game "obviously talking themselves up"?

Are you really that simple?

Not everyone going to the game is "obviously talking themselves up" - just the people who are going to the game and obviously talking themselves up.

Like "OMFG I've got 21sts to go to but I'm still gonna be there f**k yeah youse all better be as passionate as me!!!!1111"

Also, why is it that you tossers seem to be Tigers fans having a go?

Just to clarify, Dodge - I'm having a go as in my capacity as an individual capable of observing pitiful self-adulation, not in my capacity as a Tigers fan.

Nook

Bench

Again you are having trouble - you should get that tenuous grasp on reality checked out, Dodge.

You+Wicks does not equal "anybody who isn't me". Hell, it barely equals a fully functioning brain.

innsaneink

Referee
Timmah said:

Superiority complex much? Remember, your premiership expires in less than a fortnight ;-)

Sorry dickhead....wrong again, the 2005 premiership is ours for eternity.

Wicks

Juniors
Nook said:
Hardly out of the woodwork.

Blocks of tickets appeared day after day for Tigers fans

Nook said:
Speaking of coming out of the woodwork, when are all the Saints fans due to do so? This weekend or next? Certainly haven't seen much evidence of it yet.

Ticket sales for Fridays game were bigger than sales (in a single week) to any single finals game last year Brisbane Dragons game at Suncorp was much bigger this year Despite not being able to get tickets until 3pm Monday before the game attendance by Dragons supporters at Suncorp was huge again

Again 4th straight year we have led away crowds

Nook said:
A more flexible system is better overall. You run the risk of low turnouts to unattractive matches

Great You are using two examples from last year to prove a case whereas the history of finals through the nineties and then when the system changed in 1998/99 backs my case

Tiger-centric goes to a whole new level

Nook said:
Sore losers that can't speak English Gotta love 'em.

Is this formal letter writing? What kind of misanthrope uses this as their feeble defence? Self-consumed, self-afflicted? Are you spell checking your "friends" SMS punctuation too?

Nook

Bench
Ticket sales for Fridays game were bigger than sales (in a single week) to any single finals game last year Brisbane Dragons game at Suncorp was much bigger this year Despite not being able to get tickets until 3pm Monday before the game attendance by Dragons supporters at Suncorp was huge again

Again 4th straight year we have led away crowds

This thread isn't about Dragons crowds - but speaking of, happy with your home crowds this year?

We're going to be dealing with uncertainty about location of finals from next year on. As I said it has advantages and disadvantages but on balance it is the best way to go.

Tiger-centric goes to a whole new level

You've lost it.

Is this formal letter writing? What kind of misanthrope uses this as their feeble defence? Self-consumed, self-afflicted? Are you spell checking your "friends" SMS punctuation too?

No, it isn't formal letter writing. But as with other forms of communication, conveying information clearly is the aim of the game. Full stops are a big help, as a rule.

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmmmmmmmmmah proves once again what a hero he is.
The lone voice on the LU ergring fans to get to the games....
David Gallop....hire this clown ASAP....in what capacity? I dont know..he is pretty useless

ByRd

First Grade
The bulldog supporters are going to be out in force this week and it will be a sea of blue n white. We in the "Bulldog Army" will be in Bay 23 and if you are wanting to sit there get there early cause it gets packed out really quickly and there is usually everyone packed in bays 22 and 23 and even more in other bays. So bulldog fans, get out there, sing chant and make as much noise as possible to steer our team to another GF appearence. CMON DOGGIES!!!

philstorm

Juniors
I'm going to the Storm fan with 10 mates (all of whom will be going for the Storm :lol:)

Hope to have a great night!

Go STORM! :)

effnic

Bench
Timmah said:
Why? Because I want bigger crowds at our games? God forbid any of us wanting to advance our game. Grow up and stop using every post as an opportunity to have a dig, and f**k off. Simple as that.
You just want heaps of people there so u can come on the forums and jack off about how many dogs supporters were there woppeee.

Timmah

Staff member
effnic said:
You just want heaps of people there so u can come on the forums and jack off about how many dogs supporters were there woppeee.

You lot continuing to act like I'm a blight on the game for trying to encourage people to go is the saddest thing I've seen in a while. You've all let a personal dislike for someone you've only corresponded with over an internet forum get in the way of something that's supposed to be positive. I hope there aren't too many lurkers reading this thread... they'd be turned away by the way you lot automatically gain-say anything certain members say.

As I said though each to their own. You clearly aren't the ones I'm trying to convince, seeing as you're fighting every word inch for inch and forever replying to every single post I make. I hope the ones that aren't responding are the ones listening to the message, getting to the game, and enjoying the footy.

But you know, it's all about me :roll:

Latest posts