What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs face battle to keep six key stars

Lolesi will be on shit all money anyway so he will stay. Sonny will stay for sure as owes the club and the club will offer him a good package anyway.

I reckon It will come down to Anasta and Mason. And Anasta will be the one to leave if he does not accept a huge pay cut. Because there is now way he is worth anymore than 180k. He can't even make the origin team.

Bulldogs to Keep:

SBW
Tonga
Ryan
Mason

They will Lose:

Anasta and any other Juniors who are performing well that are coming off contract.

SBW will stay
Ryan will stay
Tonga will stay

Lolesi will go
Anasta will go.

Mason will either stay or be a Rooster. If Morley accepts the offer and heads to Salford at the end of this year Mason will be the logical replacement. It might also help the Roosters persuading Mini to stay.

thickos

First Grade
Jake the snake said:
Lolesi will be on sh*t all money anyway

He's actually on a fair bit, the Dogs paid over a very large offer that Canberra made for him due to his excellent 2003 form for us. I think he would be on far more than you would expect.

ByRd

First Grade
WILL RESIGN:
Sonny Bill Williams
Willie Tonga (expected to resign by the end of this week)

EITHER WAY:
Willie Mason
Jammal Lolesi

WILL LEAVE:
Braith Anasta

*Other players that are also off contract include:
Grimaldi- most likley to retire
Perry- should be resigned
Hughes- dont think we need him but will probably be resigned

*Young guns such as Phelphs, Thurling, Myles, Oliver are also off contract & i think that we should let Oliver go. We should defenitaley resign Phelphs & either Myles or Thurling as both are good young forwards but the dogs after signing the Armits & Czlikowski have enough props.

ozboy

Juniors
SBW, Mason and Tonga should be the first three players the Bulldogs try to re-sign. Whatever money left over (most likely not much) give to Lolesi and Anasta.

SBW, Mason and Tonga would be huge losses at the Dogs, while Lolesi can be replaced and the loss of Anasta would most probably prove to be benefitial.

What a huge mistake it was to release Norton and Thurston and keep Braith Anasta.

RB30DETT

Juniors
Thurston had opportunity, but he wanted to return home so that is why the NQ offer was too good to pass up for him.

Norton left for better money at NQ too.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Thurston was contiually getting homesick. It proved to be a bit of a dilema for the dogs as he was not playing his best football. But you can be sure I'll watch a few more cowboys games this year as he is an excitment machine, very suited to the style of football the cowboys play.