What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dogs rule out moving games to belmore despite nrl push

ShaunoFFS

Juniors
Well, except for Sonny Bill haha. Willie M filled him with hot air and he signed up for half his career

***MH***

Bench
i'd rather the dogs do this.........
thecrest.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Next to... is that Dunc Gray Velodrome?

And I'm assuming you want a stadium plonked on top of what, The Crest?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd like to see the NRL put up 150K a game for clubs willing to take games to Perth, Adelaide and Wellington. That's chump change to the NRL but would make a MASSIVE difference to the growth of RL.

mattyg

Bench
if we played games at belmore we'd average well over 20k IMO...the tigers get above par crowds at liechardt simply because it is there...we'd do the same, with our big games getting 20k + at ANZ.

Concord might work though, i like the stadium myself and i'd go to games there for sure. Not too sure about parking though

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah that was always Concord's issue, it's a great stadium in a bugger of a location access wise.

Also it has no lights so you could only play Sunday arvo games there.

if we played games at belmore we'd average well over 20k IMO...the tigers get above par crowds at liechardt simply because it is there...we'd do the same, with our big games getting 20k + at ANZ.

Concord might work though, i like the stadium myself and i'd go to games there for sure. Not too sure about parking though

there isnt any. either bus or walk 30 mins from burwood station.

its a nice ground though

Rexxy

Coach
There would be a very good argument for them to play a couple of games at OKI

Dogs Of War

Coach
Well the Dogs etc are going to use Superpasses to get people to the game, so why not use the same ideas in Perth, Adelaide etc. Have 2 games a fortnight apart. $30 to see both games for adults, $20 for one. We would hopefully see sellouts for these fixtures.

All it takes is for all clubs to give up one home game. This would provide 16 fixtures which can then be taken around the country.

So Darwin gets a Broncos and Cowboys home game (Probably against there poorest drawing clubs).

Perth say the South Sydney, West Tigers and Gold Coast

Adelaide Penrith, Melbourne and Canberra home games.

Wellington gets Bulldogs, Roosters and Sharks home games.

With the rest of the clubs pushed to other areas that require exposure like Sunshine Coast, or a country carnival to give something truly back to the country areas in Queensland and NSW.

Last edited:

ucantseeme

Juniors
Parramatta Stadium would be the obvious choice.

Then the SFS. But if the team is battling it out for the wooden spoon you can't really complain about poor crowds.

Latest posts