What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs set to Sign Mason 2day

Snoop Shark

First Grade
2GB news just said Mason is about to put pen to paper to a new Bulldogs contract. It should be announced later today.

:nwave: See ya Braith

They should make him the Captain,
Give him more responsibility.
He showed last year, when he was a mentor for Matuia, Tonga and SBW,
That he really thrived with a leadership role.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Johnny Nitro and The Vipers said:
They should make him the Captain,
Give him more responsibility.
He showed last year, when he was a mentor for Matuia, Tonga and SBW,
That he really thrived with a leadership role.

How did he show that? I'm interested. The media came out saying that he had become mature and a leader but with absolutely no evidence to back it up. Is this where you get the idea that he should be Captain?

Not having a shot at you:)

He probably read it in the Daily Telegraph. As we all know, if it was in the Daily Telegraph, it must be true! The bastion of Australian journalistic integrity.

Bench
The form of Anasta lately is hard to ignore,could bite them on the arse if it is true.

Godz Illa

Coach
So the Sharks miss out on another big recruit. First declined by Luke Bailey, now Willie Mason. Cronulla are the ugly girl without a date for the prom. They need a "Cant Hardly Wait"-style makeover.

Dogaholic

First Grade
851 said:
The form of Anasta lately is hard to ignore,could bite them on the arse if it is true.

I agree. I was hoping we would concentrate on securing Anasta first and foremost.

wittyfan

Referee
Godz Illa said:
So the Sharks miss out on another big recruit. First declined by Luke Bailey, now Willie Mason. Cronulla are the ugly girl without a date for the prom. They need a "Cant Hardly Wait"-style makeover.

Bailey's loyalty is truly admirable.

benmeyer said:
How did he show that? I'm interested. The media came out saying that he had become mature and a leader but with absolutely no evidence to back it up. Is this where you get the idea that he should be Captain?

That’s kool mate.

They did a piece on the injured Bulldogs on the Sunday footyshow,

and it showed all the player I mentioned above talking

about Willie and saying what a great bloke he is and how he keeps

them on track when they are getting frustrated but also has a joke

with them when they are a bit depressed with them not being able

to play.

Also, just a little thing, when they won the semi final, they went into

a team huddle. Steve Price didn't speak, nor did Andrew Ryan.

It was Willie Mason who spoke to the team and told them what needed

to be done.

Now those are little things but it is obvious to me that he has the player

respect and admiration.

Eskimo Sharkie said:
He probably read it in the Daily Telegraph. As we all know, if it was in the Daily Telegraph, it must be true! The bastion of Australian journalistic integrity.

Are you talking about me.... If so you are quite mistaken.

benmeyer said:

Did you watch him play last year?

He was f'n awesome! Arguably the best forward all year and definately the best forward in the GF by a mile last year.

ibeme

First Grade
Hopefully this is finally true.

One is better than none.

It gives the club a few days to work on Anasta now that they know where they stand financially.

insider

Juniors
he signed it!!!!!

look to 2ue for the source!!!!!

im happy for the bulldogs and willie mason alike

any chance we get braith now?

RainMan

Juniors
Knight82 said:

He was f'n awesome! Arguably the best forward all year and definately the best forward in the GF by a mile last year.

Andrew Ryan was the best forward in the GF. I'm pretty sure Ryan played 80 minutes, Mason didn't.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Knight82 said:

I said nothing about his playing ability. I asked about his maturity and leadership qualities, or perhaps lack thereof.