What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs Team with no imports

MarkC

Juniors
Assuming their was a "no import" rule and all players stayed with their original club, this is what I think the current Dog's team may look like.

1. B, Barba
2. C Thompson.
3. T Lafai.
4 J Idris
5. P Templeman
6. J Reynolds
7 J. Thurston
8 N Myles
9 I Luke
10 S Kasinano
11 J Jackson
12 SBW
13 D Finucane

14 A Sezer
15 M Tapau
16 D Klemmer
17 L Burr

18 R Maitua
19 W Mason
20 G Hall
21 R Asotasi
22 P Carter
23 M Mbye
24 J Foster
25 S Langi

Last edited:

MarkC

Juniors
It will be interesting to see if other fans could improve on this team and how it stacks up against other clubs.

IMO it is at least a top 4 side.

It does show that the Dogs have trouble producing wingers and centers in the required numbers, that has been true for 30 years. At one stage I considered playing SBW in the centers.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
It will be interesting to see if other fans could improve on this team and how it stacks up against other clubs.

IMO it is at least a top 4 side.

It does show that the Dogs have trouble producing wingers and centers in the required numbers, that has been true for 30 years. At one stage I considered playing SBW in the centers.

No Idris?

Bulldog Force

Referee
Pretty good team, I like it. It's when you see a lineup such as these that you realise just how good a teams scouts are. Thanks for this thread mate - pretty good eye opener (or reminder lol) :)

MarkC

Juniors
Thanks Mate.
It is party because I got sick of other fans moaning about the Dogs signing players.
We are mostly replacing our players that have been signed by others.
If we were able keep all of the players we originally developed, we would have a very good team.

shiznit

Coach
Assuming their was a "no import" rule and all players stayed with their original club, this is what I think the current Dog's team may look like.

1. B, Barba
2. C Thompson.
3. T Lafai.
4 J Idris
5. P Templeman
6. J Reynolds
7 J. Thurston
8 N Myles
9 I Luke
10 S Kasinano
11 J Jackson
12 SBW
13 D Finucane

14 A Sezer
15 M Tapau
16 D Klemmer
17 L Burr

18 R Maitua
19 W Mason
20 G Hall
21 R Asotasi
22 P Carter
23 M Mbye
24 J Foster
25 S Langi
A bit inconsistent there...

Isaac Luke?? He never played FG at the dogs...

Just having a quick look... If Isaac Luke is considered a Bulldog... Tim Lafai should be considered a Rabbitoh, David Klemmer an Eel and Josh Jackson would be a Knight,

Last edited:

goodplayer

Juniors
i

is there a cut off date or year . cause other teams would whip it ok;-)

Dutchy

Immortal
If criteria is first grade debut

1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Matai
4. Hopoate
5. Hiku
6. Foran
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Warea Hargreaves
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Buhrer
13. Stewart

14. Hodkinson
15. Lussick
16. Sene-Lafeo
17. Whare

18. Cuthbertson
19. Trbojevic
20. Oldfield
21. Hasson
22. Gutherson
23. Sao
24. Satini
25. Williams

Forgive the intrusion. Interesting topic.

MarkC

Juniors
A bit inconsistent there...

Isaac Luke?? He never played FG at the dogs...

Just having a quick look... If Isaac Luke is considered a Bulldog... Tim Lafai should be considered a Rabbitoh, David Klemmer an Eel and Josh Jackson would be a Knight,

Fair enough leave Issac Luke out .... I only included him as he was in the Dogs lower grades for what seemed like many years. But they we never smart enough to play him at hooker, even though he played most other positions.

MarkC

Juniors
If criteria is first grade debut

1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Matai
4. Hopoate
5. Hiku
6. Foran
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Warea Hargreaves
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Buhrer
13. Stewart

14. Hodkinson
15. Lussick
16. Sene-Lafeo
17. Whare

18. Cuthbertson
19. Trbojevic
20. Oldfield
21. Hasson
22. Gutherson
23. Sao
24. Satini
25. Williams

Forgive the intrusion. Interesting topic.

No problem.

The Manly side is a good side.

A hypothetical clash would be interesting once we can find a hooker. :D

McNulty

Juniors
If Debut is the criteria then we lose Luke (as stated already), Aiden Sezer, Paul Carter and Samosini Langi.

What's the point in this exercise?? The truth is the current team is made up from the majority of players from other clubs. What's happened to the old Dogs pride when you used to always win the club championship. Look at NSW Cup and NYC teams at the clubs Des coaches. They are always hovering around the bottom of the table. He doesn't give a stuff about homegrown talent. The current situation should not be tolerated by dogs supporters. Des won't promote anyone unless they have 1st grade experience at some other club. Already Canterbury have lost some promising juniors to other clubs and rugby union because they know there is no pathway under Des. Shame Dogs Shame for letting this happen to your proud club!!!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: cute bump bro.

Every club has a fair percentage of imports mate, suck it up and move on.

We're still all proud to be a Bulldog.

MarkC

Juniors
Lithgow - there were 2 points to the exercise.

1. Just to see what sort of team we could have fielded if all players stayed with their original club.

2. I was sick of fans of other clubs winging about the Dogs signing their players. The point was we need to sign players to replace players that were poached by others.

Over the years I always had the view that the Dogs were a net producer of talent and we have discovered / refined a lot of good players. For example SBW was contracted to the Dogs from age 13, the Broncos and a number of other clubs thought Thurston was too small.

This year our lower grades are struggling a bit, it is mainly due to young players stepping up to the next level, but I also think we have dropped the ball a bit in terms of scouting and recruitment of young players in recent years.

I would like us to get back to developing our own players, the best players are home grown.

But that is also why Des is making the lower grade players step up to a higher level at a young age. You want to test the good young players at a higher level ASAP.
It does not always work but the best players handle it.

Last edited:

Latest posts