What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs Vs Broncos - Should be Brutal

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No doubt we played like crap... I just don't think we were as crap as the 0 scoreline suggested. Brisbane were on fire and prepared to play as well... and it cost us. I have no problem admitting that we lost due to being crap, while I'll maintain Clark's sh*thouse reffing cost us a chance at the win, we always had the chance after that to claw back and failed.

mattyg:

- Tonga only just returned from a 6 week injury IIRC
- Utai suspended 5 weeks plus a couple of stints earlier in the year
- Sherwin's broken hand after a week in PL

just to name a few more. But we've had the guts of the team available throughout the year, which is the important thing. Our forward depth isn't an issue IMO, but the backs are concerning.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Brisbane were not on fire. If we played anything like we have been in the last few weeks we would have won by 10 or so, but the Dogs came out as though they had already won the game (maybe they were listening to Wayne Bennett).

But as I said, it was a good wake up call. Plus I love to lose before going into the semi's as it's a reminder of how quickly all your hard work can be taken away.

Timmah

Staff member
If we played like we did last week we still would've lost. After it got to 16-0 we were flat and uncreative.

This week, we tried to spark in the first few minutes, then injuries hit and it seems we just let them carve us up.

100% effort next week, no questions asked. Manly won't take it lying down.

CrazyEel

Bench
mattyg said:
:lol: an an Eels supporter calling our forwards pussies.
Nothin to do with the Eels mate, they were playin the Broncs who hammered em 30 - 0 and treated your pack like pussies :lol:

PS as will the Eagles next week :lol:

0neye said:
I'M SAYING TO DOGS ARE GONE FOR 2006 , BRING ON 2007
0neye THE GIVE UP MONKEY 0_-

dont give up from a weeks bad peformance, especially if your team is 2nd on the ladder, im not just saying that because you support the dogs, i would have said it to any team that happends to be in the top 4

Timmah

Staff member
IanRitchie said:
What a dumb post.

How is it?

Fans of other teams, particularly those inferior to the 'Dogs, are jumping on the Broncs to have a go (not constructively criticise) at the Bulldogs... Tigers fans, Cowboys fans... both teams we've beaten twice this season, quite emphatically in 3/4 cases... we have more right to defend our honour than they do to be trying to have a go at us from their position... I mean this bloke goes for the Rabbitohs in his spare time as well... give it a rest. We'll cover our asses when we need to ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
What excuses? If you think the Bulldogs are a team that will turn up to be run over again next week, then you're stupider than I thought. That said, I hope your team has the same expectations if we meet them in the finals, they'll be easy meat if they share your mentality. Wanker.

effnic

Bench
That was one of the most boring games ive seen in awhile Brutal? Yes on my eyes, both teams didnt show up.

innsaneink

Referee
Unbelievable resultthe more Ithink about it...two weeks out from the semis, marquee prop & centre goooorne for the season, Mason looking at a few weeks warming the bench, the well known lack of depth on the bench, and two games away against a tuff manly and a revived Panthers...Dogs could limp into the semis.

When was the lasttime they were beaten by 30 or more?
Be a while I'd guess.

i guess its better losing at this point, then losing in the finals, we may not have any of our forwards against manly,so im not expecting a terrific peformance, but i hope to see a much better improvement from friday's game

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:
When was the lasttime they were beaten by 30 or more?
Be a while I'd guess.

ummm last yr. Your tigers put 50 on them and so did the eels

Mason should be looking at a 2 week holiday with the new angle shown

Sugar

Bench
a top form broncos should have put 50 on a 14 man dogs on the night ,i guess the broncos still have a bit of improvement if they want to go all the way

Mr Saab

Referee
Chewme, any win for the broncos at this stage of the yr is fine by me...whether it is 30 nil or 12-10.

Kiwi

First Grade
mattyg said:
blessed without any injuries?

- Utai early in the year
- SBW missed 5 weeks
- Armit missed 2 weeks
- Emelio missed about 10 weeks
- Phelps is out for the season

theres 5 off the top of my head...We haven't been hit as hard as other teams, but that makes up for last year where we were missing like 8 players per game for most of the season.

:lol: an an Eels supporter calling our forwards pussies.

Hunt still not back
Ennis missed most of the season, might be back, maybe
B Berrigan season, had to retire
Carlaw missed about 5 games
Michaels missed most of the season
Topou out injured
Eastwood missed about 6 games so far
Carroll missed about 6 games
Perry missed about 5 games
Hannant missed about 5 games

and thats just off the top of my head, i'll happily swap the dogs injury run with the Broncos, many teams would happily take the dogs year of injuries.

Latest posts