What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs Vs Broncos - Should be Brutal

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The injuries are by far the biggest concern... I get the feeling it won't be season ending though... more like week one or two return I'd say.

Timmah

Staff member
Twizzle said:
every team has injuries, look at how many props we have out

you need depth to win a GF, and you cant blame a loss like this on having about 3 or 4 players injured

perhaps we should be giving more credit to the Bronx, after all, they are not in a slump if you listen to Bennett

We have depth, we've proven that throughout the season (prior to last night our only injuries were to a couple of reserve graders) and we've covered well all year. On game day when 4 of your blokes drop like flies... it's hard to have any depth with a one man bench consisting of a one C. Hughes and three out injured. Next week, even if we're missing Tonga/Myles/Roy, we'll have 3 players replacing those blokes - 14 on 17 isn't an easy task.

philstorm

Juniors
Timmah said:
Next week, even if we're missing Tonga/Myles/Roy, we'll have 3 players replacing those blokes - 14 on 17 isn't an easy task.

What's your point? How many games have the Storm gone through this season with only 15 players on the bench. The Cowboys game (?) comes to mind. It's a matter of the players on field showing a positive mindset (wasn't that meant to be the 'defining factor' of the Bulldogs this year?).

The Dogs just gave up after the injuries.

caylo

Bench
what about parramatta playing with 12 men, outscored a manly team, plus apparently two players came back on. injuries happen, but i think the bronx where all over the dogs from the get go, mabey with a fit 17 they woulnt have won 30nil, but it wouldnt have been far off. anyway look at the tries, all came from stupid mistakes, the 1st one, right to the last one, its not like you guys where found short on one side cos you where down player... dogs where put under pressure and their forwards cracked... i said write of the broncos at ur own peril... you guys unfortunatly did

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jeez..blame the refs now! You claim the Rayn's pass was good- it probally was, BUT the set before Tate throw a equally flat ball to Michaels who scored as well! Wasn't just the broncos getting good calls from the ref! Either way the REF is NOT a 30 POINT DIFFERENCE!

skeepe

Immortal
Timmah said:
We have depth, we've proven that throughout the season (prior to last night our only injuries were to a couple of reserve graders) and we've covered well all year. On game day when 4 of your blokes drop like flies... it's hard to have any depth with a one man bench consisting of a one C. Hughes and three out injured. Next week, even if we're missing Tonga/Myles/Roy, we'll have 3 players replacing those blokes - 14 on 17 isn't an easy task.

The Raiders seemed to manage it pretty well against the Bulldogs earlier this year. In fact, prior to a few late consolation tries, the Raiders pretty much hammered the Dogs, all with a 1 man bench.

Mr Saab

Referee
skeepe said:
The Raiders seemed to manage it pretty well against the Bulldogs earlier this year. In fact, prior to a few late consolation tries, the Raiders pretty much hammered the Dogs, all with a 1 man bench.

Exactly. That monday game vs the dogs the raiders were screwed in the 1st 5 minutes with losing Woolford and one other player that I cant recall.
Didnt stop them winning the game.

skeepe

Immortal
Mr Saab said:
Exactly. That monday game vs the dogs the raiders were screwed in the 1st 5 minutes with losing Woolford and one other player that I cant recall.
Didnt stop them winning the game.

Damn that was a good game. I'm sure dodge will counter with "our Origin stars were out", but since he just said that they have proved all year that they have great depth, that excuse won't cut it either.

In fact, there are many examples where teams have won whilst being reduced to a one or two man bench. The Bulldogs just weren't good enough, not mentally strong enough to pull it off.

skeepe

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
Dear oh me..I agree with you skeepe.

When I'm not blinded by hate for the All Blacks or NSW I can actually make some sense. Believe it or not.

Timmah

Staff member
skeepe said:
Damn that was a good game. I'm sure dodge will counter with "our Origin stars were out", but since he just said that they have proved all year that they have great depth, that excuse won't cut it either.

In fact, there are many examples where teams have won whilst being reduced to a one or two man bench. The Bulldogs just weren't good enough, not mentally strong enough to pull it off.

Why would I bother countering? You guys beat us, plain and simple. We came bloody close but not close enough unfortunately.

Either way RE: Broncos - they gave it to us 25-6 earlier in the year IIRC - we'll bounce back from this, just like we did then. Our best footy is most definitely ahead of us.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Timmah said:

Maybe so Timmah, but it wasn't even a close game, and they weren't all injured in the first few minutes, could have shown a bit more fight

I know this is not about the Eels, but we showed more fight with a 12 man team for half a game against the Silvertails, than you guys did in teh second half with 13 players on the field.

The doggies may not have been able to win under those circumstances, but if they are genuine GF contenders, they should have shown alot more than they did imo.

aussies1st

Staff member
Will be interesting seeing how good the Dogs depth is. If this was the Storm they would have no problem replacing the players injured.

mattyg

Bench
blessed without any injuries?

- Utai early in the year
- SBW missed 5 weeks
- Armit missed 2 weeks
- Emelio missed about 10 weeks
- Phelps is out for the season

theres 5 off the top of my head...We haven't been hit as hard as other teams, but that makes up for last year where we were missing like 8 players per game for most of the season.

:lol: an an Eels supporter calling our forwards pussies.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The Dogs played crap and got the result they deserved. Hopefully it's a good wake up game for them so they come out and give 100% in every game from now on in.

Dogs Of War said:
The Dogs played crap and got the result they deserved. Hopefully it's a good wake up game for them so they come out and give 100% in every game from now on in.

thats true,
playing manly next week wont be easy, especially at brookvale