What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs Vs Broncos - Should be Brutal

Sugar

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Chewme, any win for the broncos at this stage of the yr is fine by me...whether it is 30 nil or 12-10.
yes im sure the broncos and their fans will take any win at this stage after their slump but i would'nt read into the win to much considering the the awful night the dogs had

Mr Saab

Referee
And i wouldnt take too much out of the rabbits 3 wins..

vs clydesdales
vs a poor raiders team
vs a poor panther team.

gcbronco

Juniors
Broncos had a similar game a couple of seasons back against the Sharks where they were down to a one man bench and the Sharks got beaten by that depleted side. A depleted side during a game doesn't assure the opposition a certainty of a win.

The Broncos best half of football against the Bulldogs wasn't in the 2nd half, it was in the first half against a side that at that point wasn't feeling the effects of a limited bench compared to the 2nd half.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
26 to be exact. Either way, based on last night Melbourne didn't look like a form side either...

Discounting Canterbury's chances at the premiership due to one loss is ridiculous.

Mr Saab

Referee
When you lose your strike centre and strike prop...it puts alot of ??????????? marks over the dogs.

they will have scans tomorrow,
they should be back week 3 of the finals (hopefully)
tonga can be replaced with SBW, asotasi will be hard to replace

Timmah

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
When you lose your strike centre and strike prop...it puts alot of ??????????? marks over the dogs.

It might, but we have SBW and Myles back available for Friday... I can't see those question marks hanging around.

Both are grade 3 medial ligament injuries. Scans will determine the exact length... it'll be sad to see Roy go but it looks like the season.

mattyg

Bench
innsaneink said:
Both Dogs and Storms replys next week is very important, I wouldnt wanna be Manly or the Raiders...

:shock: Ink says something useful...

It turns out that apparently Jarrad Hickey is available next week from what i hear, so he could replace Asotasi without any issues (thats what will have to happen next year). I'd say Reni or SBW will replace Tonga and bring Perry onto the bench. Hopefully Mason escapes suspension as well and it doesn't look so bad.

Timmah

Staff member
Hickey is a unit. I think our forward depth is fine. A couple of weeks we had the luxury of bringing Myles and Williams off the bench... so I don't see where the lack of depth claims are coming from. We have 3 very viable hooker options, two lock options... I think we'll bounce back... and ink is right - Manly and Canberra could be in trouble if our two sides turn up with the right attitude.

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Mr Saab said:

Not really at all mate - Sonny Bill replaces Tonga - and he's a real strike weapon wherever he plays - in both attack & defence.

Mason to prop to cover Asotasi, Grimaldi to the 2nd row, Hughes to hooker and Jarrad Hickey & Adam Perry to the bench. Myles should be allright, so stays on the bench. If Mason is suspended for a week or 2, then Armit steps in for him, and up comes a youngster like Kouparitsas or Jamie Small for a couple of games pre-semis in the 2nd row.

Simple. It's ALL covered well - And we lose little there - certainly a helluva lot less than the untrained or outside eye would observe!

innsaneink

Referee
My posts always contain useful insights matty, its just that you happen to agree with me here, you THINK its useful.

Whatever happens the pack & bench will be weakened considerably, the Dogs have the luxury of sitting pretty in 2nd, 6 points clear of 3rd and wont be affected in top 4 whatever happens, but form and momentum could become an issue at the wrong stage of the season (leading into the semis) ...that said we lost our last 2 last year and then blitzed the Cows by 50 in the 1st semi...just shows theres no real guide to what may happen.

innsaneink said:
Both Dogs and Storms replys next week is very important, I wouldnt wanna be Manly or the Raiders...

true,
i think manly will be a hard game for us, to be honest the only reason im feeling confident is to make myself feel better from friday night, but if we show up prepared and determined to win hopefully we end up with the 2 points, or even if we dont end up victorious on friday we have nothing to loss

its the finals that im worried about, hopefully asotasi isnt gone for the season.

Timmah

Staff member
:clap:

I'm loving some of inky's posts these days.... :lol:

Latest posts