What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs Vs Broncos - Should be Brutal

broncoman

Juniors
forget the score or circumstances, Brisbane will get a lot of confidence out of that and when Brisbane play with confidence they are hard to stop. One game doesnt make a season but it can turn it...

axie

Juniors
I've been waiting for a performance like that to happen to us for a while now, I'm glad we got it out of the way now rather than in the finals. I honestly believe that if Melbourne go into the second week of the finals without having a loss, they will not win the comp.

Lets just hope the injuries aren't too serious.

Cletus

First Grade
chewme said:
ummmm maybe i made the wrong call here oops:oops:

Just edit it, no one will notice;-) .

I'm a bit shocked by the game tbh. I thought the Dogs would smash Brisbane. Certainly didn't live up to the hype and it was a pretty lacklustre game. The Dogs could be in bad shape too with two or three players out for the season. I'd already written the Broncos off but might have to write them in again. I'm still not convinced the Broncos are good enough though.

t-ba

Post Whore
Cowboys2006 said:
Timmah is crying

At the stadium...as he will no doubt inform the entire forum ;-) .

Hopefully they stay crap for another week...

Leagueguy

Juniors
Welcome back to season 2006 Brisbane. Thats exactly what they wanted, just a good win. Now with Hunt coming back and hopefully Ennis the week after, things are definately looking up. The best thing about confidence is that the things that seemed hard before become easier. When Brisbane were leading earlier in the season, there attack was slick and they had plenty of second phase play. Theres no reason they can't return to that.

axie

Juniors
Oh yah, very well played by the Broncos tonight, if they continue to improve like they have over the last few weeks they will be very hard to stop.

Sugar

Bench
just went out for dinner got home flicked the tv on seen the score and fell ass up on the floor,did the dogs have a bad game or did the broncs fire up and play to there real potential?

mattyg

Bench
well played broncos, congratulations..

i can't believe 3 players in one game break down with knee injuries. The surface at telstra seemed terribly slippery tonight. No wonder souths have so many players out injured. Same goes for the Tigers.

It was actually quite funny when O'Meley was sitting on the bench by himself...they showed the 3 empty seats next to him on the big screen and the crowd found it quite funny.

Can't say im too dissapointed with the effort we put in. Any team playing with 14 players will find it tough, im glad we held them to 30. 3 of their tries came at the end of each half so i wouldn't be too concerned. Was it just me or was Clark attrocious tonight? Brisbane were offside all match, not to mention the amount of forward passes there were! I thought that at least 2 of the tries each way scored from forward passes should have been allowed.

philstorm

Juniors
mattyg said:
Can't say im too dissapointed with the effort we put in. Any team playing with 14 players will find it tough, im glad we held them to 30. 3 of their tries came at the end of each half so i wouldn't be too concerned. Was it just me or was Clark attrocious tonight? Brisbane were offside all match, not to mention the amount of forward passes there were! I thought that at least 2 of the tries each way scored from forward passes should have been allowed.

:lol:

At least you're sincere with your congratulations ...

Leagueguy

Juniors
Did Andrew Ryan throw 4 forward passes tonight? I realize a couple weren't actually forward, but is that some kind of record for a player?

innsaneink

Referee
mattyg said:
well played broncos, congratulations..

i can't believe 3 players in one game break down with knee injuries. The surface at telstra seemed terribly slippery tonight. No wonder souths have so many players out injured. Same goes for the Tigers.

It was actually quite funny when O'Meley was sitting on the bench by himself...they showed the 3 empty seats next to him on the big screen and the crowd found it quite funny.

Yeah....sounds familiar....but he IS the best ref,after all...isnt he Mr Finch?

Big Pete

Referee
Still too early to comment on being out of a slump, but I'm proud to keep you guys scoreless.

Still, I thought we played worse than we did last week, so there is no sure thing about being a premiership threat and based on this performance and we are considered such...than it just shows how bad the competition has been this year.

Only positive is that Timmah got what he deserved. ^_^

mattyg

Bench
innsaneink said:
Yeah....sounds familiar....but he IS the best ref,after all...isnt he Mr Finch?

:lol: best ref. I don't mind him actually but the last 2 weeks he has been terrible...So much for him being a hometown ref. I thought our supporters were going to kill the guy after he said Ryan's pass was forward. Looks like Hampstead has the grand final wrapped up....to bad Shayne Hayne doesn't know all the rules or he could be in good contention...

broncoman

Juniors
Big Pete said:
Still too early to comment on being out of a slump, but I'm proud to keep you guys scoreless.

Still, I thought we played worse than we did last week, so there is no sure thing about being a premiership threat and based on this performance and we are considered such...than it just shows how bad the competition has been this year.

Only positive is that Timmah got what he deserved. ^_^
yeh i dont think we played as well as we did against the Storm but we probably had a bit more luck and things fell into place for us. It was always gonna take only game for the boys to start backing themselves again and things would turn around. The last two performances will mean nothing if we lose to Parra and NZ though...

philstorm

Juniors
broncoman said:
yeh i dont think we played as well as we did against the Storm but we probably had a bit more luck and things fell into place for us. It was always gonna take only game for the boys to start backing themselves again and things would turn around. The last two performances will mean nothing if we lose to Parra and NZ though...

Yeh I was gonna say, I thought the Bronc's played brilliant last week in comparison to this week.

Just goes to show just how much they've gotten under the guard of other teams.

They're a huge chance to win the Premiership this year.

Leagueguy

Juniors
I think were out of the slump. I mean we played well last week and we played well again tonight. We might not be in top form , but we still have Hunt to come back. Theres somewhere in between being in a slump and playing brilliantly. Were closer to playing very well than playing very badly though.