What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs Vs Broncos - Should be Brutal

mattyg

Bench
lol dont worry Timmah we won't lose 2nd place unless we are highly unlucky. Hopefully we get the week off in the finals and Asotasi and Tonga come back in week 3. With any luck Asotasi and Tonga will be right for week 1.

Argh i felt today's game was a perfect game for SBW to come on after 20 minutes when we were 6-0 down not looking too promising and spark something up. Probably good that he didnt play however, with the amount of players breaking down with knee injuries and his slight swelling...things could have been worse.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
OK, not really. There's plenty more where that came from:

- Clark: blatant cheat. And 26,000 agreed with me (only 111 sad and sorry farkers managed to cheer for Brisbane). Forward pass my ass... obstruction my ass, drop ball my ass, Broncos second try MY ASS.

- F**k you you f**king wankers: How do the same f**kwits get into the game again and f**k our image again? I haven't seen it mentioned here, but there seemed to be commotion in the same old section again... around 15-20 remaining I think - although within a few minutes the section was practically empty... it just sucks... we lost, big deal. Shout at the ref, don't start punching on in the stands... it's just f**king ridiculous.

- WTF Folkes... resting Sonny? IDIOT.

- WTF Lockyer? I know Holdsworth had a sh*t kicking game but for FFS you're the Australian and QLD 5/8th, get your f**king act together. You might've got man of the match but Patten and Hazem had your measure under the boot from minutes 1-80.

- Considering the score I don't think we lost that badly... it just seemed to me they got lucky in sections... but that's the game

- Don't get your hopes up Brisbane. You won't win the premiership.

To the rest of you:

:fist: f**k orf!

:D

Famous last words: It was the loss we had to have ;-)

Leagueguy

Juniors
WTF Lockyer? I know Holdsworth had a sh*t kicking game but for FFS you're the Australian and QLD 5/8th, get your f**king act together. You might've got man of the match but Patten and Hazem had your measure under the boot from minutes 1-80.

Lockyer has an awesome kicking game, one of best if not the best in the competition. I thought it was good again tonight. Certainly not something that stood out as being poor.

Timmah

Staff member
:|

The ball either went dead, to Pattens feet, or Patten's arms. He only bombed once and well... that was a calamity of errors.

Ghoulies

Bench
The Dogs were absolutely atrocius; highly comical stuff from the supposed premiership favourites.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Good win but lets not get carried away. But any win i'll take and that will get us to the finals guys. Next week vs Parra will be HUGE with a game against the Warriors in hand we could get 32 points. That could be enough for a top 4 finish.

mattyg

Bench
yeah i agree with T on Lockyer's kicking game..it was pretty bad. The amount of kicks that just rolled over the dead ball line...:lol: i'm hearing that Wayne Bennet said Mason should have been sent off for the late tackle? What is he on?

innsaneink

Referee
Timmah said:
OK, not really. There's plenty more where that came from:

- Clark: blatant cheat. And 26,000 agreed with me (only 111 sad and sorry farkers managed to cheer for Brisbane). Forward pass my ass... obstruction my ass, drop ball my ass, Broncos second try MY ASS.

- F**k you you f**king wankers: How do the same f**kwits get into the game again and f**k our image again? I haven't seen it mentioned here, but there seemed to be commotion in the same old section again... around 15-20 remaining I think - although within a few minutes the section was practically empty... it just sucks... we lost, big deal. Shout at the ref, don't start punching on in the stands... it's just f**king ridiculous.

- WTF Folkes... resting Sonny? IDIOT.

- WTF Lockyer? I know Holdsworth had a sh*t kicking game but for FFS you're the Australian and QLD 5/8th, get your f**king act together. You might've got man of the match but Patten and Hazem had your measure under the boot from minutes 1-80.

- Considering the score I don't think we lost that badly... it just seemed to me they got lucky in sections... but that's the game

- Don't get your hopes up Brisbane. You won't win the premiership.

To the rest of you:

:fist: f**k orf!

:D

Famous last words: It was the loss we had to have ;-)

Its not the end of the world dodgey...I have some good news for you.

Theres only one camera angle of Willys high/late/cheap shot.

Only one.

How the f**k theres only one, when they have 362 camera there has gotme well & truly stuffed.

t-ba

Post Whore
mattyg said:
yeah i agree with T on Lockyer's kicking game..it was pretty bad. The amount of kicks that just rolled over the dead ball line...:lol: i'm hearing that Wayne Bennet said Mason should have been sent off for the late tackle? What is he on?

Hallucogenics.

But it's clearly worth atleast whatever amount equals 100 with any carry over points he may have...

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

He started at the shoulder and the little merkins head came down to meet the forearm. Call it late, cheap, whatever... it's clear the reffing the club out of the comp has begun.

In the meantime... Still smarting about missing the finals inky? ;-)

mattyg

Bench
haha it would make your cause a hell of a lot easier ay t-ba? I think he will get 1 week for it but it was a nothing tackle. What about the other tackle he got penalised for? That was the softest high tackle i have ever seen.

Ghoulies

Bench
Timmah said:
:|

The ball either went dead, to Pattens feet, or Patten's arms.
Whilst I think it's good that you demand such perfection from your oppositions' playmakers, you seem to be ignoring just how effective he was. Those kicks that Patten and the surrender merchant fielded were almost always from their own line, ensuring that your sets always began deep in your own end.

He only bombed once and well... that was a calamity of errors.
He bombed, Patten caught it (which was a shock in itself) and made minimal ground.... what a blunder. :lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
mattyg said:
haha it would make your cause a hell of a lot easier ay t-ba? I think he will get 1 week for it but it was a nothing tackle. What about the other tackle he got penalised for? That was the softest high tackle i have ever seen.

:D . Rest Sonny again!

Softest? did you see Perry headbutting Kites chest last week?

Timmah

Staff member
Ghoulies said:
Whilst I think it's good that you demand such perfection from your oppositions' playmakers, you seem to be ignoring just how effective he was. Those kicks that Patten and the surrender merchant fielded were almost always from their own line, ensuring that your sets always began deep in your own end.

He bombed, Patten caught it (which was a shock in itself) and made minimal ground.... what a blunder. :lol:

Hmm... just checked out the stats:

Patten - Errors = 1
Hodges - Errors = 3

The effectiveness for you guys came when you attacked up the middle after you injured our forwards.

Hazem = surrender merchant? :lol: Now I know you're fishing.

t-ba

Post Whore
Timmah said:
:lol: All of a sudden you don't look so confident...

Oh no...If we can put 50 on souths, 50 on your mob, beat Melbourne and you lose in the final round...we come second ;-) .

Yes...I am :crazy:

innsaneink

Referee
First tackle in the second half, I think it was MacIllwain recieved the ball, a swarm of Broncos converged to tackle him, he some how stepped slightly to the left, straightened, was just caught, meanwhile the four Broncos forwards all just kept going over the top of him like they were joined. By the time he played the ball and the dummy half ran or passed (forget which now)...four broncos defenders were still behind the ruck in Dogs field possy...unbelievable, have never seen anything quite like that before.

Carry on.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I thought Lockyers kicking game was good actually. Look I'd much rather us kick it dead and have our defensive line up on the 20. It is not the worst place to start a set for crying out loud. When he kicked it, he kicked it long and forced you guys to run it out of your own end. That is not bad. Perry's kicking game was good.

mattyg

Bench
:lol: what about McIllwain's kick..I can't believe he nearly scored from it. I was spewing hey because from memory it wasn't on the 5th tackle and he shouldn't be kicking the ball.

t-ba im sorry to say but im 99% confident Sonny won't be resting again mate ;-) Even worse for you, it appears as though he might possibly be starting if Mason is suspended, if not he will probably start in the centres for Tonga.

Latest posts