What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dolphins home games 2023

Perth Red

Post Whore
Couldn't have come at a worse time but for the Dolphins inaugural season Suncorp wont be available for 9 weeks between June and August due to the womens football world cup. Was always the plan to play some games at Redcliffe and Sunshine Coast but with capacities under 13k that will put a big dent in their revenue and crowd avg for their first year which is normally a boom time for a new club. Hopefully they can be scheduled with more away games during the period and the byes so they don't lose out on too many games at Suncorp.

MugaB

Coach
Couldn't have come at a worse time but for the Dolphins inaugural season Suncorp wont be available for 9 weeks between June and August due to the womens football world cup. Was always the plan to play some games at Redcliffe and Sunshine Coast but with capacities under 13k that will put a big dent in their revenue and crowd avg for their first year which is normally a boom time for a new club. Hopefully they can be scheduled with more away games during the period and the byes so they don't lose out on too many games at Suncorp.
Calm down debbie downer...9 weeks, that could be 4-5 home games, possibly 3-4 and a bye round, not too bad, not ideal, but hey luckily they have their own stadium, id be worried about the Broncos really they don't have the options the dolphins do, and the dolphins might not get more than 13k, but they aint paying rent either

Marlins

Juniors
I think the plans to take 4-6 games to Sunnycoast/Redcliffe anyway. So take the first few to Suncorp then Regional stadia then back to Suncorp after.

I think the plans to take 4-6 games to Sunnycoast/Redcliffe anyway. So take the first few to Suncorp then Regional stadia then back to Suncorp after.
It could work out well to play a few blockbusters at Lang Park early in the season, then take 4 or 5 games to Dolphin Oval and Sunshine Coast Stadium. Finish the season at Lang Park with games against teams that have a strong supporter base in SEQ.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If they know they are playing 10 games at Suncorp next year why isnt there a massive marketing push for memberships already? Surely they should be selling 2023 membership by now. You'd think promotion at next Origin game would be the obvious place to be selling them? Are they having any presence at the game? Seems all a bit half arsed with only 9 months till KO.

blukablu

Juniors
It clearly says on the Dolphins website... 7 games at Suncorp, 3 at Dolphins stadium. I assume the other 2 will be at the Sunshine Coast.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It clearly says on the Dolphins website... 7 games at Suncorp, 3 at Dolphins stadium. I assume the other 2 will be at the Sunshine Coast.
Cheers hadnt looked for a while. 5 games in sub 12k venues. Hmmmm.
Maybe they'll play more at Suncorp after the womens WC is over?

blukablu

Juniors
Cheers hadnt looked for a while. 5 games in sub 12k venues. Hmmmm.
Maybe they'll play more at Suncorp after the womens WC is over?
There's been talk of the Sunshine Coast stadium getting an upgrade to 16k for a while now. I'm sure with the Dolphins home games that will happen pretty soon.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There's been talk of the Sunshine Coast stadium getting an upgrade to 16k for a while now. I'm sure with the Dolphins home games that will happen pretty soon.
Its been earmarked for 2032 Olympic use and an upgrade to 20k seats eventually, but might not get done for quite a few years yet.

If they know they are playing 10 games at Suncorp next year why isnt there a massive marketing push for memberships already? Surely they should be selling 2023 membership by now. You'd think promotion at next Origin game would be the obvious place to be selling them? Are they having any presence at the game? Seems all a bit half arsed with only 9 months till KO.
Its 9 months until the 2023 season. Why do they need ticketed memberships to be on sale right now

What NRL club has 2023 memberships on sale right now? Whos looking to buy ticket memberships for next season right now?

I think youre being overly critical

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its 9 months until the 2023 season. Why do they need ticketed memberships to be on sale right now

What NRL club has 2023 memberships on sale right now? Whos looking to buy ticket memberships for next season right now?

I think youre being overly critical
With people interested and watching nrl now is the perfect time to be selling them. No good in summer when people are watching cricket and going to the beach. I’d have thought nrl might use some of its contra to help market them. other clubs aren’t selling them now as they are mid season lol.

With people interested and watching nrl now is the perfect time to be selling them. No good in summer when people are watching cricket and going to the beach. I’d have thought nrl might use some of its contra to help market them. other clubs aren’t selling them now as they are mid season lol.
Yes, its mid NRL season and no one is thinking about buying memberships for next year, regardless of club

You really do come up with some pedantic criticisms of the Dolphins

MugaB

Coach
Yes, its mid NRL season and no one is thinking about buying memberships for next year, regardless of club

They should be the only club selling memberships now, purely coz they have none, and ....what the fk else de gon do..
They are the new team, even if they came in 2024, selling memberships now in the SEQ area, is still a good idea, regardless of the time of year

Perth Red

Post Whore

You would be if your team is actually starting in the comp next year! They seemingly have their home game split sorted so why not be selling them now? Only reason is they aren't set up yet to do so. Just another sign of them being rushed. There'd be no better place to be marketing them than at Suncorp during Origin.

MugaB

Coach
You would be if your team is actually starting in the comp next year! They seemingly have their home game split sorted so why not be selling them now? Only reason is they aren't set up yet to do so. Just another sign of them being rushed. There'd be no better place to be marketing them than at Suncorp during Origin.
There not being rushed, that's media BS clouding your little brain PR.... theyve already signed a roster that is more capable of beating the bottom half of the ladder

f**k me you imagine some bullshit