What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't be that guy at the gym who......

shaggs

Coach
Haha I love those 'friends don't let friends miss legs day' memes

If only those guys realised that squat and deads works your whole body

The guy who has a spotter and can't even go close to lifting the first rep by himself wiith the amount of weight on the bar.

All while his spotter mate yells out 'all you' despite the fact the spotter is taking about 40% of the weight

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I do that sometimes because its easier than deloading the bar all the time. Depends what I'm doing but if its easier to keep the warm up weight on the bar ill do it.

Some fussy people in this thread.

Last edited:
Why not just use 2 20s? All it does is make you look like a douche by thinking ur cool cause you have heaps of plates on ur bar.

Thomas

First Grade
Why not just use 2 20s? All it does is make you look like a douche by thinking ur cool cause you have heaps of plates on ur bar.

No it doesn't. I only do that if there are plenty of plates and I'm doing a pyramid workout.

Start with one 15 on each side and add smaller weights.

Joker's Wild

Coach
CH, if you're pyramiding you dont want to have to deload the whole bar for your back sets

It aint about "looking cool"

shaggs

Coach
I do it when I superset something where I can use the same bar. Load the bar with the lightest weight and then do the sums and add the plates I need for the heavier weight. Drop off as few plates as possible.

Thomas

First Grade
I did it at lunch today. Just to annoy people.

15's on and then loaded it up with smaller weights.

I felt like a big man.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Don't a lot of modern gyms use coloured plates anyway. So its not like a bunch of 15s will be tricking anyone.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
All gyms are a bit gay anyway. Sweaty men in singlets, dance music and lots of muscles. Its practically a gay nightclub.

Thomas

First Grade
A guy asked me to spot him yesterday. He was doing seated DB over head presses with 16kgs. I didn't really know what to do so I just watched him. He didn't struggle at all. I think he wanted me to touch him.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
have too many strong fat guys living in the camp i'm in for work. Don't be that guy that takes every dumbell over 20kg and plonks them next to him, doesn't put them back as he goes and does 4 sets of 4 (with help) making as much noise as possible so everyone can notice how much he is lifting and how big he is and take (i have timed this once because i started on a machine at the same time he started his first set) 5 MINUTES REST BETWEEN SETS. There is 4 or 5 of them so ive learned to use my imagination with lighter weights

Pete Cash

Post Whore
When training for strength rest breaks about that long tend to be about right. I try and keep it to three minutes because other people need the equipment but if they are training to be strong rather than training for hypertrophy then thats the way it is going to be. The only real complaint to me is they are leaving shit everywhere and its a bit selfish during peak use periods.

When I am training for hypertrophy I take 30 seconds between sets and almost feel like im going to die. I mean nobody can win in this thread. The first page was attacking people who work out to look good and now people who are training to be stronger are being attacked. What exactly is acceptable gym behaviour ??