What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dont be too discouraged if you read this thread

Noa

First Grade
and support one of Manly, Parramatta, St George, Wests, Canterbury, Brisbane, New Zealand, Souths, Penrith, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Canberra, Nth Queensland, Cronulla or Sydney Roosters and hope to win a title in the next few years.

The Reason.

Billy Slater 22
Greg Inglis 19
Matt King 26
Cooper Cronk 22
Ryan Hoffman 22
Antonio Kaufusi 21
Adam Blair 20
Garrett Crossman 23
Brent White 25
Cameron Smith 23
Dallas Johnson 23
Mick Crocker 26
Anthony Quinn 23

And a superstar-in-waiting in Israel Folau 17.

Most of the squad is signed till at least 2009.

If they made the Grand Final in their first full year of playing together (and it shows in attack sometimes), how good are they going to be next year & the year after.

Balmain_Boy

Have a look at the age of our squad last year. Things have a habit of changing and changing fast. The Roosters, Penrith, Bulldogs and Tigers have all mentioned the D word after their grand final wins. All have had reasonable claims to saying it as well.

Not one has succeeded.

Storm should concentrate on winning one first, I'm sure that's what Bellamy will be telling them.

willvillain

Juniors
The same was said about the Tigers last year and the Panthers before them. Young squad, all the talent in the world etc etc.

It doesn't happen that way.

The Colonel

Immortal
Noa Nandruku said:
and support one of Manly, Parramatta, St George, Wests, Canterbury, Brisbane, New Zealand, Souths, Penrith, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Canberra, Nth Queensland, Cronulla or Sydney Roosters and hope to win a title in the next few years.

The Reason.

Billy Slater 22
Greg Inglis 19
Matt King 26
Cooper Cronk 22
Ryan Hoffman 22
Antonio Kaufusi 21
Adam Blair 20
Garrett Crossman 23
Brent White 25
Cameron Smith 23
Dallas Johnson 23
Mick Crocker 26
Anthony Quinn 23

And a superstar-in-waiting in Israel Folau 17.

Most of the squad is signed till at least 2009.

If they made the Grand Final in their first full year of playing together (and it shows in attack sometimes), how good are they going to be next year & the year after.

The Roosters talked up a dynasty in 2002. The same thing was said about Parramatta as well in 2001 - our squad was even younger. Penrith, Tigers, Bulldogs.... same story.

The years of dynasties unfortunately are well and truly over. Not too say that the Storm can't and won't be in the finals for years to come but as has been shown in the past its extremely difficult - seven different premiers in seven years is a testament to that.

This Year?

Immortal
Usually the Premiers don't get to see the GF the following year.

Good luck with injuries etc.

If everything does go well for 'em it could be the start of something though.

Noa

First Grade
dragondad said:
This is something to bump if the Broncos win.

By no means do I think we'll have an easy time against the Broncs this weekend, in fact I'm having nightmares of Justin Hodges cutting us up. The thread is more about the next 2-3 years whether we win or lose.

Ice777

Bench
JJ said:
salary cap will fix that soon enough

Most of them are signed until 2009 so before that the salary cap will have absolutely no bearing. After that may be a different story but not for the next 3 years.

icewind

Juniors
this israel guy is being talked up as being another inglis. if so im happy even just as a qld supporter.

A few injuries to key players and bang, you're 11th and wondering what happened.

Talent and luck are needed to win a premiership. Talent and freakish luck would be needed to win two in a row.

Hellsy

Immortal
I want The Storm to win...

but just remember the Eels had a Baby team in 2001 as well... and we all know how that turned out

Thomo.

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Have a look at the age of our squad last year. Things have a habit of changing and changing fast. The Roosters, Penrith, Bulldogs and Tigers have all mentioned the D word after their grand final wins. All have had reasonable claims to saying it as well.

Not one has succeeded.

Storm should concentrate on winning one first, I'm sure that's what Bellamy will be telling them.

agreed. i'm interested to see how they go next year:)

Latest posts