What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dont be too discouraged if you read this thread

caylo said:
Billy Slater 22 Jaryd hayne 18
Greg Inglis 19 Timana Tahu 25
Matt King 26 Eric Grothe 26
Cooper Cronk 22 Tim Smith 22
Ryan Hoffman 22 Nathan Hindmarsh 27
Antonio Kaufusi 21 Nathan Cayless 28
Adam Blair 20 Justin Tsulous 21
Garrett Crossman 23 Zeb Taia 19
Brent White 25 Fuifui Moimoi 25
Cameron Smith 23 PJ Marsh 24
Dallas Johnson 23 Chad Robenson 26
Mick Crocker 26 josh Cordoba 22?? (very young still)
Anthony Quinn 23 Ben Smith 21

And a superstar-in-waiting in Israel Folau 17.

plus super-stars in the waiting like Inu, Mateo, Green, David Willians, Oak, Weller. H, Reddy, Josh David. Although our squad is a lil older than urz in general... trhey are still preety young, and at the prime age. Melbourne has a great squad, but dont kid yourself, their are alot of class acts in the NRL, teams like the dragons, Broncos, Dogs, Parramatta, Manly all have fairly strong squads across the park. remember manly are getting jamie lyon who although i hate what he did to my club, you can not forget how good he was... guys like tate, hodges, tahu, grothe, hayne, gasnier, cooper, bell, tonga, all realy good outside backs, and inglus may be a freak, but they will all trouble teams, just like inglus does. then guys like inu, boyd coming through aswell... there is a wealth of talent in the nrl... dont go counting ur eggs just yet

LMAO
You always compare your sh*t team to other peoples teams when someone posts about their side.

caylo

Bench
brisbane have the class in the forwards, and they do at the back, hunt, hodges, tate, lockyer are just as good if not better than slater, inglus, king and cooper cronk. they are 2 briliant backlines, i think brizzy may win it on experiance... they may not... 1 thing i no its goin 2 be 1 hell of a game

caylo

Bench
Bobby DIGital said:
LMAO
You always compare your sh*t team to other peoples teams when someone posts about them.

wow sh*t, that not wot i was hearing when we won 9 straight... parramatta have class in the team which challanges melbourne, brisbane, st george and the dogs... along with manly i think that is goin 2 be the top 6 next year... they are a classy bunch all of them. i was also merly making the point that melbourne wasnt the only team with a classy roster. everyone else understood, mabey u should crawl back into your hole.

Ice777

Bench
Holla if ya hear me said:
Salary cap will kill it off in 2 yrs

Kill what off? As already stated most have been signed for the next 3 years so it won't be killing anything off before then at least. Of course we won't be able to keep every one of them after that but that's just the nature of the cap. Until then though we have them.

caylo

Bench
i would like to see how the departer of hill will effect melbourne to, and i dont think inglus should go to 5-8, i dont think it will complement cronks game.

stuke

Bench
injuries have been fairly kind to the Storm this year...plus its amazing to see how many players seem to plateau after a great year. if they win the comp and get the recognition in Australia rep jumpers some of the form can quite easily slide.

add in the loss of experience of Kidwell and Hill (especially starting a new scrumbase partnership), along with every other team in the NRL lifting to beat them.

things tend to change...and change quite quickly.

caylo said:
wow sh*t, that not wot i was hearing when we won 9 straight... parramatta have class in the team which challanges melbourne, brisbane, st george and the dogs... along with manly i think that is goin 2 be the top 6 next year... they are a classy bunch all of them. i was also merly making the point that melbourne wasnt the only team with a classy roster. everyone else understood, mabey u should crawl back into your hole.

You'll be lucky not to get the spoon you dunce. You seem to be forgetting the addition of Finch & Hagan to your classy (*holding back laughter*) roster..

...mabey you should go back to school.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Bobby DIGital said:
You'll be lucky not to get the spoon you dunce. You seem to be forgetting the addition of Finch & Hagan to your classy (*holding back laughter*) roster..

...mabey you should go back to school.

Yes and finch hmm best player for the rooters last year :crazy:

mabey <<<<<<you should go back to school

Ice777

Bench
stuke said:
injuries have been fairly kind to the Storm this year...

I'm not sure i entirely agree with that especially when you factor in long term suspensions which are the same thing. Out of a possible 26 games Billy Slater has missed 12 games, Crocker 13, Inglis 7, Cross 18, Donnelly 16 and Crossman 7. Not to mention Smith King and Johnson out for Origin. I think the only reason it seems like our injuries/suspensions haven't affected us is we have alot of depth and whoever comes in gets the job done.

Y2Eel said:
Yes and finch hmm best player for the rooters last year

mabey <<<<<<you should go back to school

Mabey you should stop dickriding, and realize that your tag team partner up there said "mabey" first.. and I was dissin him for it.

..Or mabey you Eels fans are all just dumbasses.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Bobby DIGital said:
Mabey you should stop dickriding, and realize that your tag team partner up there said "mabey" first.. and I was dissin him for it.

..Or mabey you Eels fans are all just dumbasses.

Pot kettle black...

Still what was that about finch and hagen, who do you support again?

Y2Eel

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
there is plenty to be encouraged about if your a raiders fan :D
cant wait till next season

It will be good to see how all your juniors go next year and if they can make the step to first grade, i'll be watching doubt the spoon will head down to canberra.

Ice777 said:
Kill what off? As already stated most have been signed for the next 3 years so it won't be killing anything off before then at least. Of course we won't be able to keep every one of them after that but that's just the nature of the cap. Until then though we have them.
ok..cap will kill it of in 3 yrs:roll:

Canard

Immortal
Contracts til 2009 dont mean much.

Next year Inglis's manager will ask for a $300 to 400K per year contract upgrade, so will others (especially the young rep players Johnson, Smith etc.)

Then the salary cap will bite big time then.

I remember last year after the Grand Final everyone said my team (Cowboys) would be the strongest team in QLD for years to come and win titles for sure. And the next season we officially finished ninth (but really 10th because of Warriors points deduction)

Now after one season we are about 2 or 3 years away from even making it into the top eight again.

Also every team goes through a bad injury year every now and then(I remember reading that last season we had the equivalent of 40 games(total injuries) lost this year it was 100+)

bobbis

Juniors
Canard said:
Contracts til 2009 dont mean much.

Next year Inglis's manager will ask for a $300 to 400K per year contract upgrade, so will others (especially the young rep players Johnson, Smith etc.)

Then the salary cap will bite big time then.

I remember last year after the Grand Final everyone said my team (Cowboys) would be the strongest team in QLD for years to come and win titles for sure. And the next season we officially finished ninth (but really 10th because of Warriors points deduction)

Now after one season we are about 2 or 3 years away from even making it into the top eight again.

Also every team goes through a bad injury year every now and then(I remember reading that last season we had the equivalent of 40 games(total injuries) lost this year it was 100+)

The Cowboys aren't 2 or 3 years away from making the 8, they still have a strong side and I'd expect them to make the finals next year. With a fit Thurston all season and a smaller origin rep load they shouldn't fade like this season, don't forget they were the competition leaders early. With Thurston 7 and smith 6 you've got 1 of the best halves pairings in the game next year.

The Storm look prity ominous in the next couple of seasons but i wouldn't get ahead of yourself Storm fans. On paper theres quite a few teams that can challenge them. Lets see how they perform once injury and heavy rep commitments hit them. Lets not forget the premiers from the past few years have bombed out in the following seasons.

Latest posts