What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doom 3

OVP

Coach
Anyone played this or still playing ?

If anyone cares ... here is my review because i dont know anywhere else to put it.
--------------------
Holy shit ... I dont scare easy ok. But this has to be the freakiest. most terrifying, suspenseful and most thoroughly enjoyable PC game ive EVER had the pleasure of playing. The use of PDA's was a masterpiece imo ... especially the real website you had to visit to get a certain code to get certain guns.

The first part of it was just so damned scary, even though nothing happened until a certain point, but i was on edge the entire way through it. It was just like a movie that YOU controlled how far you went. The sound effects are just awesome and when you've got surround sound speakers ... they scare the living crap out of you constantly. I was "on edge" even to the depths of Hell and back. Its the sort of game you have to creep slowly around every corner becase you've got no idea whats about to be unleashed upon you.

Almost finished it, but by christ its hard and throughly eerie to the point you cant take much more.

I love it ... 3 thumbs up ;-)

p.s. you need a really hot PC to play it ... ive got a pentium 4 2.4, 750+ meg of ram and a geforce 4 mx440 64 meg vid card. The Vid card let me down because i can only play it on low settings ... but if you have a shit hot PC, then you MUST get this game.

p.p.s Halflife 2 should be out next month ... lets see how good this one is

OVP

Coach
Jus 182 said:
I have a P.4 1.8Ghz is that good enough man? 512 ddr Ram

same graphics card

Yes mate that should be fine to play it ... its the video card and ram that make the most difference though .. but youve got enough power there to play it well on your pc. Just use low settings like me ... it still looks f**king awesome at 640x480 rez. Honestly, even at that resolution, it looks f**king awesome ... just like a movie.

OVP

Coach
Hey phillips ... sorry mate for calling you a genius LOL ... i meant to quote the Phantom genius ... oops sorry mate :)

And yeah ... halflife 2 should be awesome too ... but Doom3 is easily the hardest and best single player ive ever played. ITs amazing what they can do these day ... f**k me its just amazing. I too am waiting for halflife 2, but if its half as good as doom 3, shit im going to be happy :)

Phantom Poster

Juniors
Phillips said:
Phantom Poster said:
the truth?

you cant handle the truth :x

I was saying my mouth holds the truth.

OVP It's all very well and good liking a video game champ, but don't make a token appearance in the ffb and post a thread about it. Sorry but it's just that, well no one really cares.

OVP

Coach
Phantom Poster said:
Phillips said:
Phantom Poster said:
the truth?

OVP It's all very well and good liking a video game champ, but don't make a token appearance in the ffb and post a thread about it. Sorry but it's just that, well no one really cares.

Play it

then comment. If you want to download it for free then i can give you lots of ftp sites that have it ... free of charge. Just contact my icq number and i'll send them to you. Mind you its a 1.2 gig download so if you want it then you must REALLY want it ... i would have preferred to have spent the $88 it costs ... but thats just me :)

Phillips

Referee
Phantom Poster said:
Phillips said:
Phantom Poster said:
the truth?

well the captain of the weiner patrol has struck again, maybe u dont care but other people do (myself included)

:arrow:

OVP

Coach
Phantom Poster said:
Phillips said:
Phantom Poster said:
the truth?

Oh sunshine, by the way ...

my name is known ALL over these forums .... im a rugby league fan.

Do you think that i need a PDA clearance code to post on the idiot forums ?

Gee man .. thanks heaps for the tip ... f**k knows what i'd do without you :roll:

Rise Against

dont worry abt em OVP they obviously dont know much abt doom 3 2 criticise u mate

i shall be gettin that game any day now.. f**king cant wait

Rise Against

OVP said:
Jus 182 said:
I have a P.4 1.8Ghz is that good enough man? 512 ddr Ram

same graphics card

Yes mate that should be fine to play it ... its the video card and ram that make the most difference though .. but youve got enough power there to play it well on your pc. Just use low settings like me ... it still looks f**king awesome at 640x480 rez. Honestly, even at that resolution, it looks f**king awesome ... just like a movie.

Just one more question mate, how u check what graphics card u got? i may have the dx series with 128 mb? is there any way u can check without physically looking at it?