What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door now open for Perth

Blind Freddy

Juniors
I got no problem with a CC team. But a half arsed attempt playing games out of North Sydney? The bears are dreaming if they think the NRL will rubber stamp that idea.

Games??

One game in heritage round in their first year has been confirmed at this stage. Hardly an issue really. The masses would love that, just like a game at the SCG is a winner.

Loudstrat said:
I think it funny how those advocating Perth's entry feel the need to bag the CC bid

Me too:?. It's only short sighted instinct to perhaps. They could easily attack some teams already in the comp, the CC bid would probably be more profitable that most in the NRL now.

Both the C.C and Perth are great areas for the game to have representation in, and both have their merits with something to offer. If they only add one team next FTA negotiation, they will be a certainty add another (an 18th) shortly after.

beave

Coach
What is everyone's opinion on the talent available though???? Do you think there is enough talent around to be able to add in another 2 teams???

Blind Freddy

Juniors
What is everyone's opinion on the talent available though???? Do you think there is enough talent around to be able to add in another 2 teams???

Should 2 more teams be added, then that means there is close to $8000000 plus what other clubs have free under their caps to stop players f**king off to the English Super League (or Yawnion).

gallagher

Juniors
Games??

One game in heritage round in their first year has been confirmed at this stage. Hardly an issue really. The masses would love that, just like a game at the SCG is a winner.

Me too:?. It's only short sighted instinct to perhaps. They could easily attack some teams already in the comp, the CC bid would probably be more profitable that most in the NRL now.

Both the C.C and Perth are great areas for the game to have representation in, and both have their merits with something to offer. If they only add one team next FTA negotiation, they will be a certainty add another (an 18th) shortly after.

http://north-shore-times.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/bears-aim-to-play-manly-at-north-sydney-oval/

According to the bid chairman.......

Mr Lopez said North Sydney Oval was a key part to the bid.
“We will play a minimum of two games a year at North Sydney Oval and we want to play Manly there every year,” he said. “We can’t wait to get our claws into the Sea Eagles and get the home derby going again.”

The bid is already dead unless they change their plans.

Loudstrat

Coach
And Perth's coach is........?

I take it you'd prefer a 17 team comp with Perth and a bye rather than an 18 team comp with Perth and CC. And your logic is....?

beave

Coach
Should 2 more teams be added, then that means there is close to $8000000 plus what other clubs have free under their caps to stop players f**king off to the English Super League (or Yawnion).

i understand what you are saying, but do you think with the addition of 2 new teams, the NRL can afford another $8mil in club grants??? You have to remember that they pretty much cover the salary cap of each club. And with the current economic climate, i have my doubts as to wether Gallop and co. will be able to get us a TV deal worth what it should be. Not trying to be negative, but the world seems to be a $hitty place at the moment $$$$wise.

Loudstrat

Coach
http://north-shore-times.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/bears-aim-to-play-manly-at-north-sydney-oval/

According to the bid chairman.......

Mr Lopez said North Sydney Oval was a key part to the bid.
“We will play a minimum of two games a year at North Sydney Oval and we want to play Manly there every year,” he said. “We can’t wait to get our claws into the Sea Eagles and get the home derby going again.”

The bid is already dead unless they change their plans.

Like the Titans taking home games to Lang Park. At least NSO isn't another teams home ground.

I'm not crazy about the idea personally. But those claiming it's should kill the CC idea are just nitpicking. Next they'll claim the colours are good enough reason to kill the idea. Anything to bag league in NSW - right?

gallagher

Juniors
i understand what you are saying, but do you think with the addition of 2 new teams, the NRL can afford another $8mil in club grants??? You have to remember that they pretty much cover the salary cap of each club. And with the current economic climate, i have my doubts as to wether Gallop and co. will be able to get us a TV deal worth what it should be. Not trying to be negative, but the world seems to be a $hitty place at the moment $$$$wise.

Thats the big question.

With AFL ratings dying in Sydney and Brisbane, NRL ratings growing, an extra game per week and a new market in Perth an upgraded tv contract should be a given. But with the guy in charge atm....

Blind Freddy

Juniors

That's why Gallop and the buffoons who continually negotatiate FTA agreements less than their true value need to get their act together. I think the NRL could afford it if the new deal is similar to what there is now. But they should squeeze as much as they can out.

It's gonna be hard for gallop an co because more people have woken up to the fact the NRL gets shoddy deals.

If the NRL got it's actually worth we could put teams anywhere fit.

gallagher

Juniors
Like the Titans taking home games to Lang Park. At least NSO isn't another teams home ground.

I'm not crazy about the idea personally. But those claiming it's should kill the CC idea are just nitpicking. Next they'll claim the colours are good enough reason to kill the idea. Anything to bag league in NSW - right?

Its the NRL nitpicking, not me. They've already said they want a team fulltime up there. Sadly you hear more about North Sydney than CC whenever Florimo is interviewed. Look at the big deal about Kidman, what has she got to do with the CC?

Loudstrat

Coach
How is it an advantage? Perth could easily name someone, but why would they? Have the CC picked theie whole coaching staff? Whats the point when its 4 years away?
The 2013 thing came long after the Fairleigh announcement - which was looking for 2011 anyway. Don't see how being pro active is a hinderance, or not doing anything is an advantage.

Its the NRL nitpicking, not me. They've already said they want a team fulltime up there. Sadly you hear more about North Sydney than CC whenever Florimo is interviewed. Look at the big deal about Kidman, what has she got to do with the CC?
As far as I can tell, the big deal about Kidman is only on this forum. Again, what's the bloody criticism for?

The best real opportunity for a new and sucessful club is the CC bid - so far advance over all others - it's actually the only concrete bid the NRL have in Australia atm. Yet it cops so much criticism - and the only real reason is that it is in NSW. The NRL must be the only corporate body in the world where it is a BAD thing to open an outlet in the best guaranteed market available.

lockyrulz

Juniors
The NRL don't want to support the bears bid because they want a Sydney team to relocate to the area.

gallagher

Juniors
The 2013 thing came long after the Fairleigh announcement - which was looking for 2011 anyway. Don't see how being pro active is a hinderance, or not doing anything is an advantage.

As far as I can tell, the big deal about Kidman is only on this forum. Again, what's the bloody criticism for?

Dont try and turn it around.
Your putting the announcement of a coach as an advantage over perth. How is it? I'm not saying its a hindrance but how exactly does it put CC in front of Perth.

As for Kidman, what does she have to do with CC?

Kidman and fairleigh dont make CC more attractive or a better prospective than Perth.

Orlando Bloom holidayed in WA last week, i can only assume that you think that will convince the NRL to put a team in Perth.

MsStorm

Bench
Best to ignore Loudy's comments on expansion.
In his ideal world he'd like to see 20 teams based in the NSW NRL:D

Perth Red

Post Whore
No issues with CC having a team as long as it will add value to the NRL and expand the game. I just think it is a bit of a concern that the only thing you hear about the CC bid is from Nth Sydney. I've yet to read anything that has come out of Gosford, not out of Nth Sydney. I would be concerned if we announced a coach now. 3 years is a long time in RL and I'd be hoping we would find the best man for the job much much closer to the kick off.

Good luck to the Bears, what happened to them was outrageous but lets not kid ourselves that this is about Gosford screaming for an NRL team, its about the Nth Sydney Bears finding a way back to the big time.

Latest posts