What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door now open for Perth

Perth Red

Post Whore
And which celeb has Perth lined up to draw attention to it's bid again.....?

Didn't you hear, Rolf Harris is going to do a duet from Moulin Rouge with Nicole at the 2013 opening game between the CC Bears and WA Reds in Beijing!

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Didn't you hear, Rolf Harris is going to do a duet from Moulin Rouge with Nicole at the 2013 opening game between the CC Bears and WA Reds in Beijing!

First point: rugby league is owned by the media. The key indicator fro teh future is what the papers say.

2 examples;
1. in the 3 years before teh criteria, all teh papers were saying that 2 clubs, Norths and Souths, were likely to get the boot. The Bears weren't worried - because we had a commitment for a regional NRL licence from the NRL. Still, when News Limited want a result they get it - as we now know.
2. Similarly, in 2004, the CC Bears bid was clearly superior to the Gold Coast - but all the papers were saying "Gold Coast is a shoo-in". The CC Bears couldn't get a look-in with the media. The decision had been made well before.

Now, the CC Bears are getting media exposure - and the media consensus is that (1) the CC will be next team in and (2) most likely it will be the Bears - as it should. This is a strong positive indicator for the CC Bears.

The only risk is Gallop and News trying to tempt another team to relocate to Gosford - because they still have the $10 million carrot out there.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
What parts of the Central Coast bid was superior to the Gold Coast bid?

All of them.
1. ground - Bears had a stadium at Gosford. GC - zero.
2. name - Bears. Dolphins - legal action then became Titans.
3. Funding - Bears had Singleton (and his contacts) including Singo's offer to fund NRL grant. GC - all promises - never saw evidence.
4. CC - rugby league area. GC - ???

Also - when relocation was discussed in the 90's, there was no word of the Golf Coast. Itwas all "Gosford must be next". Suddenly, 2004 - an apparent demographic shift has occurred. bullsh*t.

CC Bears - 10 years and counting for the fraud to be overturned.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
All of them.
1. ground - Bears had a stadium at Gosford. GC - zero.
2. name - Bears. Dolphins - legal action then became Titans.
3. Funding - Bears had Singleton (and his contacts) including Singo's offer to fund NRL grant. GC - all promises - never saw evidence.
4. CC - rugby league area. GC - ???

Also - when relocation was discussed in the 90's, there was no word of the Golf Coast. Itwas all "Gosford must be next". Suddenly, 2004 - an apparent demographic shift has occurred. bullsh*t.

CC Bears - 10 years and counting for the fraud to be overturned.

But the Gold Coast has taken care of their Ground.
Their name was changed.
They basically pay for them selves with the TV rights and they are one of the most financially viable teams in the comp.
Since when was the Gold Coast not a Rugby League area?

I agree that the Bears should be in the comp, but to suggest that the Gold Coast was not the best option for the 16th licence is just bias.

The Central Coast will be in when the TV rights roll around. They will be here in 2013. They along with Perth as they have presested the best bids and nothing serious appears to be coming out of Wellington or Adelaide. Somehow i dont think there will be another Queensland team will be admited because they just got a new team there, although they probably deserve another one.

Loudstrat

Coach
At the time the Bears bid was better - no question. They had a ground. The Gold Coast had a history of failure.

Now, the Titans have done well, with QLD govt backing, and finally the area is making every post a winner off the field.

mongoose

Coach
The GC was always going to be successful. It's the fastest growing area in Australia and a tourist mecca. I havent been to the CC but it just sounds like a big suburban area loosely attached to sydney.

Blind Freddy

Juniors
The 07 CC bid was very much superior, but i can understand why they chose the GC to sure it up before AFL expansion.

If the 2 bids for the 07 expansion were for the same location the CC model for a team would have won any day of the week.

....but alas the C.C Bears have just got to keep fighting on.

Last edited:

Brycey

Juniors
Exactly, lets add another NSW team to the 10 we have instead of giving the fastest growing region in the country its own team.

Brycey

Juniors
The GC was always going to be successful. It's the fastest growing area in Australia and a tourist mecca. I havent been to the CC but it just sounds like a big suburban area loosely attached to sydney.
I'll finish that sentence off for you:

...where old people go to die.

gallagher

Juniors
The Gold Coast had a bid wanting to play all home games at the Gold Coast.
Perth simliarly want to play all home games in Perth.

Makes sense.

The Central Coast Bears, last time I heard, want to play games in North Sydney.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That's because basically it is all about the North Sydney Bears trying to get in the NRL. The CC offers a conveniant vehicle to get back, don't blame them for that at all but lets not kid ourselves that this is about growing the game.

Loudstrat

Coach
I think it funny how those advocating Perth's entry feel the need to bag the CC bid. The only thing they have is which state it's in.

CC is the only strong bid around - already has a well known brand, ground, coach, infrastructure and crowd waiting. All it needs is the go ahead - and if it gets it Perth has a golden opportunity to ride the coattails in as the side to overcome the only CC obstacle - in that admission would make a 17 team comp.

Perth fans should be supporting the CC bid, rather than bagging it, because no one else is within cooee of launching a bid.

gallagher

Juniors
I think it funny how those advocating Perth's entry feel the need to bag the CC bid. The only thing they have is which state it's in.

CC is the only strong bid around - already has a well known brand, ground, coach, infrastructure and crowd waiting. All it needs is the go ahead - and if it gets it Perth has a golden opportunity to ride the coattails in as the side to overcome the only CC obstacle - in that admission would make a 17 team comp.

Perth fans should be supporting the CC bid, rather than bagging it, because no one else is within cooee of launching a bid.

I got no problem with a CC team. But a half arsed attempt playing games out of North Sydney? The bears are dreaming if they think the NRL will rubber stamp that idea.

Brutus

Referee

CC is the only strong bid around - already has a well known brand, ground, coach, infrastructure and crowd waiting.

Yeah bring 'em in because of Daisy Fairleigh.

Latest posts