What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door shuts on Lyon

Pricey

Juniors
Door shuts on Lyon
BRAD EARL
14Jun06
THE Parramatta Eels have shut the door on Jamie Lyon after he decided to put himself on the open market next month.

The club's chief executive Denis Fitzgerald yesterday declared the Eels were not prepared to wait on their offer for Lyon to rejoin them. "We haven't had final word but it is likely that he won't be coming to Parramatta," Fitzgerald said.
Lyon walked out on the Eels at the beginning of the 2004 season.
But because he remained contracted to the club while playing with English Super League team St Helens, other NRL clubs cannot negotiate with him until after the June 30 deadline.
Lyon, who made his name at centre, had been tipped to play five-eighth.
Fitzgerald wouldn't be drawn on what positions would be targeted by new coach Michael Hagan in terms of recruiting for next season, except to agree there were some areas that needed strengthening.
Parramatta lost 34-22 to the Melbourne Storm last Sunday to drop to second last.
Their chances of making the top eight are now extremely remote.
On Saturday at Parramatta Stadium (7.30pm) the Eels play the bottom side, South Sydney, fresh from their first win of the season.
The Eels will be banking on the injury-free return of their NSW trio of Nathan Hindmarsh, Timana Tahu and Eric Grothe from tonight's State of Origin II.
Suspension-plagued prop Fuifui Moimoi was due to front the NRL judiciary last night on a biting charge arising out of a Storm opponent's on-field allegation.
The Eels' five tries on Sunday were scored by the wingers a hat-trick by John Williams (deputising for Grothe) and the other two to teenager Jarryd Hayne.
They are among the young players from last year's grand final-winning Premier League team to have benefitted from Jason Taylor taking over as caretaker coach from Brian Smith.

Funny I had a wierd dream, last night about Jamie Lyon and it was really ambiguous as to whether he was coming or not. My thoughts in the dream were that he wasn't, everyone elses' was that he was.

hahahahahahaha

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hollywood Jesus said:
Funny I had a wierd dream, last night about Jamie Lyon and it was really ambiguous as to whether he was coming or not. My thoughts in the dream were that he wasn't, everyone elses' was that he was.

hahahahahahaha

must be strange to go a night without a Stu Galbraith wet dream..;-)

cardinal

Juniors
Some closure at last I have been in shock since 2004 and now I can let it go. I have been watching Parra since 1978 and Lyon was one of the best young players I have seen make a debut. I really thought he was going to try and make amends for what he has done. I am so pissed off at how we have bowed to his every demand letting him go to weewea to play with his loser mates letting him go to England so he keeps a huge salary. I really hope he goes to Manly so I can hate him even more. Jamie lacks integrety, is not very bright and certainly does not respect the blue and gold jumper so he is not the player we want, I remember Ben Smiths comment when he signed this year that he always saw himself as a parramatta player he strikes me as having some Mick Cronin like loyalty to the club, there the players we want. When Hindy retires he wil go down as an all time great possibly as one of Parras best ever, When Jamie retires he will be remembered as a tubby little fellow with not many brains or heart, some talent but that only gets you so far. 2007 Nathan Hindmarsh the Parramatta captain holds the premiership trophy and wins the clive churchill medal. Jamie who!

James_Hardie

Juniors
Good riddens.

I am happy, if this is true, that we have pulled our contract off the table. Not only does it mean we don't get into an unecessairy bidding war for him, but it also means that with one less team bidding for his services, it may lower (all be it only slightly) his bargaining power.

Jam it you greedy lying toad.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't recall a player who has ever screwed over a club like this bloke has. If he plays for a Sydney club he better undertsand that people will stop him in the streets and bag him.

I wonder what it's like to live your life without a conscience.

And to all those who desperately wanted him to come back it's good to see confirmed what his integrity "makeup" is really like.

Good that it happened now and not once he had returned.

What a maggot.

The Colonel

Immortal
Na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye
Hey hey-ey, goodbye
Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye

V1er

Juniors
I hope we tear him a new.....

id love it for manly v parra next year to kick off on friday night round 1 at parramatta stadium so we can 'welcome' jamie back :x