What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door shuts on Lyon

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I can't believe that everyon'e jumping the gun... again.

Despite the sensationalist title of the article, have any of you read the actual quote?

According to the quote from DF, the door is not shut.

For all we know, DF may be sitting on a signed contract and just playing mind games with the other teams.

I think I might bide my time until there is an official confirmation of a signature one way or the other... otherwise I may injure myself jumping back and forth over the fence ;-)

yy_cheng

Coach
Originally when it was published that Jamie will wait until June 30, I was thinking along those lines. i.e. DF was playing mind games with the other clubs.

Then 2 things persuaded me to think otherwise, why play the mind games at all? and something that Elevation posted about some people of note in the club were not happy with the latest shinanigans.

The Colonel

Immortal
eloquentEEL said:
According to the quote from DF, the door is not shut.

If it isn't then it should be.

For all we know, DF may be sitting on a signed contract and just playing mind games with the other teams.

I can back up what eela has said and that isn't the case. ;-)

Gronk

Staff member
It would serve no purpose having Lyon's signature and not disclosing it. Surely it would assist with player recruitment. Nah, he's gone.

Parra Guru

Coach
It's the best Eels headline all year!

Now we can get on with spending the money on blokes who actually want to play in the jumper!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
A possible purpose it could serve is that we could bump up the asking price for other players (if other clubs think we don't have Jamie are in the market for a similar calibre player) and make other clubs pay overs.

There are 3 possibilities here:

1. He has already signed and DF is playing mind games.
2. We have completely withdrawn the offer and DF is playing mind games.
3. Nothing's confirmed (ie. the DF quote is the truth as it stood as of when he said it) and DF & Co. are playing negotiation games with Mimis & Lyon.

Regardless of any inside info that anyone can provide, I'm assuming we're still firmly entrenched in option number 3 until there is confirmation one way or the other. I just hope DF & Co. know what they're doing, and if necessary, have the appropriate contingency plans in place.

strider

Post Whore
I don't think DF has any motivation/reason for playing games with this - why make more drama this season???

My 5c worth:
- the parra officials really believed they did what was required to get jamie back and that jamie wanted to come back
- jamie may well have been inclined to come back at some point (OR it was always manly and it was a smoke screen all along - i'm not sure on this one)
- mimis put some ideas in his head about more money (roosters r gonna need a C, gaz got alot of $$s, etc) ... and of course the desire for more money out weighs any vague feeling of wanting to set things straight at parra (imo jamie doesn't really feel he owes parra anything)
- DF and the parra board are NOT going to jump in and tell him to get knicked cos DF knows things may not work out at another club and he doesn't want to cut off any remote chance of working something out

Utey

Coach
Well Mimis would be getting a portion of the contract, so he was inclined to get the best offer. Iam looking at it this way.

The Colonel

Immortal
eloquentEEL said:
A possible purpose it could serve is that we could bump up the asking price for other players (if other clubs think we don't have Jamie are in the market for a similar calibre player) and make other clubs pay overs.

There are 3 possibilities here:

1. He has already signed and DF is playing mind games.
2. We have completely withdrawn the offer and DF is playing mind games.
3. Nothing's confirmed (ie. the DF quote is the truth as it stood as of when he said it) and DF & Co. are playing negotiation games with Mimis & Lyon.

Regardless of any inside info that anyone can provide, I'm assuming we're still firmly entrenched in option number 3 until there is confirmation one way or the other. I just hope DF & Co. know what they're doing, and if necessary, have the appropriate contingency plans in place.

Good to see someone is still optimistic. :lol: Believe what you will mate but I'd worry about who else we should sign instead.....

Suitman

Post Whore
<UPtheEELS> said:
Well Mimis would be getting a portion of the contract, so he was inclined to get the best offer. Iam looking at it this way.

I will save my comments on Mimis if and when Lyon signs with another club.

Suity

Latest posts