What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doust and Gasnier press conference re Dragons Major announcementClub

Minh

First Grade
LOL you sound like the biggest tool; straight away going to insults for no apparent reason, when i was obviously kidding. If you actually new anything about our club you would know that the board got rid of thurston because of an incident(don't want to go into the details of that); also that slogan was in regards to when the Roosters poached out players.

Under Moore we have bought so many players because that was his philosophy; he did not want to play our juniors, we have had/have great players come through and Moore has let some of them go. Three that come to mind are Aiden Sezer,Nathan Massey and Marmin Barba.

Please next time you want to go and insult a club or attack me know your facts; and not once since i have been on this forum have i attacked or insulted the Dragons; so truth be told your just an internet hero; looking to attack someone for no reason.

You probably know more about your club than I do but wasn't it a choice between keeping Thurston or freeing up the dollars to keep Braith Anasta from being poached by other clubs, i think it was Souths at the time making a big play for Braith's signature. In hindsight Thurston was the biggest fish you guys ever let go voluntarily or not(SBW). JT would have won you guys another premiership or two I'm sure of it.

You probably know more about your club than I do but wasn't it a choice between keeping Thurston or freeing up the dollars to keep Braith Anasta from being poached by other clubs, i think it was Souths at the time making a big play for Braith's signature. In hindsight Thurston was the biggest fish you guys ever let go voluntarily or not(SBW). JT would have won you guys another premiership or two I'm sure of it.

I actually heard that we let shifty go because of that; because we wanted to keep Anasta.

Puff

First Grade
No he doesn't; don't make up rumours, there are actually stupid twitter tools who troll these forums.
Didnt make up rumours as I said I "thought"

So don't lie and say you never insulted a dragons supporter on here. You did and you sound like a red headed politician making carbon tax promises well before an election. Hence, the reason i gave you what you deserved in my eyes.

Furthermore, I know plenty about your supporters and club from going to every Bulldogs and Dragons games in memory. Let me tell you I prefer going to shark park and getting a whiff of a hot sunday afternoon there, then put up with the rubbish of a game with your fans.

However, despite your lapse and short memory shown by your earlier post, you don't come across as one of those types because you can string a sentence together. So I wish you all the luck in the world in changing your coach. However, you will never get back to the old bulldogs way, which your true fans sorely miss, until you change your football philosophy of buying teams rather then building them.

Last edited:
Didnt make up rumours as I said I "thought"

So don't lie and say you never insulted a dragons supporter on here. You did and you sound like a red headed politician making carbon tax promises well before an election. Hence, the reason i gave you what you deserved in my eyes.

Furthermore, I know plenty about your supporters and club from going to every Bulldogs and Dragons games in memory. Let me tell you I prefer going to shark park and getting a whiff of a hot sunday afternoon there, then put up with the rubbish of a game with your fans.

However, despite your lapse and short memory shown by your earlier post, you don't come across as one of those types because you can string a sentence together. So I wish you all the luck in the world in changing your coach. However, you will never get back to the old bulldogs way, which your true fans sorely miss, until you change your football philosophy of buying teams rather then building them.

If you got offended by my post it wasn't meant to offend you, so my bad(even though the post does not at all seem offensive).

Also, the bolded bit, this philosophy only came about when Moore took over in 2009; we have some great players coming through.

DirtyHarry

Juniors
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
swapping gasnier for the "turnstyle" stanley...
i am hoping you are very young and dont actually remember this guy when he last wore the red V... a real defensive idiot.
and no... he hasnt improved since being at the storm...

There was a reason why we offloaded him in the first place & it wasn’t due to celery cap pressure. There is a reason why the Storm are letting him go. He is an injury plagued defensive liability. Why couldn’t the Roosters have signed him

clifford

Juniors
There was a reason why we offloaded him in the first place & it wasn’t due to celery cap pressure. There is a reason why the Storm are letting him go. He is an injury plagued defensive liability. Why couldn’t the Roosters have signed him

everytime i watched him whenever someone ran towards him i alway just wanted to close my eyes because chase was terrible in defence. so glad when we got rid of him but now hes on his way back. hopefully he proves us wrong though

dragonfire

Bench
Shocked. He's not in his prime. But he's been hands down the best club centre this season.

Sure does simplify things, & gives us a bit of $$$.

If your talking about Gasnier i would disagree and say that Cooper has been the best centre at all levels this year. If he had been eligible for the Blues probably the first guy picked.

dragonfire

Bench
everytime i watched him whenever someone ran towards him i alway just wanted to close my eyes because chase was terrible in defence. so glad when we got rid of him but now hes on his way back. hopefully he proves us wrong though

didnt watch him this season and havent really followed him since going to the Storm but i was under the impression that Chase was having a great period before injury this year. And am sure Bellamy had huge wraps on him? That said i believe it will be the other Stanley taking Gasnier's position with Moltzen and Goodwin fighting it out for the 1. See Chase as a bench player who can play backrow and backline when required

fortae

Bench
Chase was free to negotiate because Bennett does not pay juniors for potential. He wants them to sign for less and his contract contravened the culture he wanted to instill. I also believe that they were aware that Gasnier was coming back. This is supported by the fact that obvious replacements looking for opportunites Whare and Linnett left at the same time. When Chase came onto the market, a number of clubs tried to pick him up. He went to Melbourne to partner Inglis when the Storm's cap had no bounds. Between playing well all the way to outstanding in his last game, he spent most of his time on the sidelines. Chase was off contract next year and decided to come back. The Storm have plenty of quality centres in the club, but no one better.

People made similarly negative comments about Beau Scott's ability at a similar time in his career ... likewise here they have no idea. Stanley was a strong defender as a backrower and on the left among defenders that could hold their own ... what he wasn't up to was defending next to Soward at a time when he needed a lot of help. He has injury to overcome but the only question is whether he'll end up a backrower or as a centre.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
you sound like the biggest tool; straight away going to insults for no apparent reason
There's an irony here that I'm sure has gone well over the feather duster in your head.

Canterbury = biggest sooks in the League.