What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doust and Gasnier press conference re Dragons Major announcementClub

STG 002

First Grade
As for the those who think Gasnier has done the wrong thing by retiring, would they be the same people who were critical of him being signed in the first place? Surely not.

i was happy we signed but i'm upset he is leaving. if it was always a club decision to avoid paying the back ended deals so be it but if he has just decided himself after we have lost numerous players because of him, it upsets me.

Mr Red

First Grade
Best news I have had this year. I ripped into him after the broncos game and I'll say it again. The bloke was a has been last year when we got him back. He was a total waste of money ( lol not anymore ) Sure he was good in his day but we havent yet seen his old form. Why ? Because he is past his best and the four year deal was a huge waste and a big risk. This is why wayne left and now Gaz is leaving. At least we'll be able to blood some younger guy who will earn his spot in the team not some has been playing on past performances and pure reputation alone. But anyway thanks Gaz for wearing the jersey with pride and not bringing shame on it with ill discipline. Thanks for the try in the grand final and thanks for the rest of the year. adios amigo.

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

counterpuncher

Juniors
It's very noticeable that the old pace just isn't there & with that the confidence to back himself.
But throwing the career in early seems a bit odd, why not re-invent as a ball playing backrower Creagh style?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Moltzen to replace Gasnier makes sense??
surely your kidding??? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

I have NFI why we signed Moltzen in the first place, to be truthful, so I haven't a clue what Price will do with him. I don't rate Moltzen highly, but then I am thinking that Price is going to do what Bennett has done with a number of others and transform his game.

I suspect it will be Moltzen to FB and Stanley to centre, but anythings possible.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Best news I have had this year. I ripped into him after the broncos game and I'll say it again. The bloke was a has been last year when we got him back. He was a total waste of money ( lol not anymore ) Sure he was good in his day but we havent yet seen his old form. Why ? Because he is past his best and the four year deal was a huge waste and a big risk. This is why wayne left and now Gaz is leaving. At least we'll be able to blood some younger guy who will earn his spot in the team not some has been playing on past performances and pure reputation alone. But anyway thanks Gaz for wearing the jersey with pride and not bringing shame on it with ill discipline. Thanks for the try in the grand final and thanks for the rest of the year. adios amigo.

It's idiots like you that make the decision to retire easier

RedVee

First Grade
disappointed, but it makes the Chase Stanley signing sensible now.
Good luck to him. I'm guessing/wondering he'll get a small payout from next years $ leaving heaps under the cap for us????

Will Gas be a "Dragons Ambassador" like Dell?

spearby

Juniors
as a wests tiger thank god he beat us on his own best of luck gaz you were all class, just like your uncle reg he was also all class and a champion i was lucky i watch him through his career he use to flog us balmain boys also hope reg is in good health and god bless

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
did u see the interview u farkwit ??? Remove your Gaz goggles and face facts. He's past his prime and it's time he went. END OF STORY. FARKWIT.

I bet you were complaining after last years grand final coz we didn't hold the Roosters to 0 points.

Give yourself an uppercut..

Devoted Dragon my ass...More like a devoted whinger or d!ckhead

Puff

First Grade
However, lets look at this as an opportunity rather then a loss. Lets use the extra cash to bring in Cronk....... GET IN CRONK

as a wests tiger thank god he beat us on his own best of luck gaz you were all class, just like your uncle reg he was also all class and a champion i was lucky i watch him through his career he use to flog us balmain boys also hope reg is in good health and god bless

Where's thes "like" button?

Good stuff spearby, very respectful