What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doust on 2sm sport talk

Bring back choc

Juniors
Sorry everyone I'm carrying on like a f**kwit today. Getting back on topic. I only caught about the last 45 seconds of the interview. Things (in my opinion) didn't sound too good for Soward. The way Doust was talking, it sounds like ESL and a few Rugby Union competitions are after him, and Doust sounded blazé about it all...f**k I hope not.

Things aren't sounding good for the whole f**king club mate. f**king disgrace what he has just revealed.

Saintsified

Bench
Cant really blame Steve Price then, its clear he was chosen for the next couple of years cause he probably wont kick up a stink to buy new players whilst other big name coaches wouldnt just shut up...and its now evident why wayne left too.

Elias1983

Coach
If he's lying he should have a go at poker because he would clean up!

Ah well, Like I said in another post who knows, maybe Price will come good next year once the whole first year/coming out of Bennetts shadow situation has passed.

Winning streak towards finals begins this week boys!!

Carn Dragons!

Fire

First Grade
Things aren't sounding good for the whole f**king club mate. f**king disgrace what he has just revealed.

Seriously, I know Choc. I only caught the last 45 seconds on Soward, and Doust didn't inspire me at all. But try to think of the positives mate. We've snapped up youngsters in Green, De Belin, King, Rein, Cummins...we might just have to go through a season or two of heart-ache?

Elias1983

Coach
Seriously, I know Choc. I only caught the last 45 seconds on Soward, and Doust didn't inspire me at all. But try to think of the positives mate. We've snapped up youngsters in Green, De Belin, King, Rein, Cummins...we might just have to go through a season or two of heart-ache?

Which is exactly Price should have been blooding more rookies this year to prepare for next year.

Has King had enough time this year?
Has Green?
Has Cummins?
Debellin plays in 20 min spurts!
Rein gets taken off when he is having a blinder!

Price has to realise he's only on a 2 year contract.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Doust was asked are you in a position to go to the market place?, Doust said for 2013 he has to say no we arent....we are committed to our youth and not in a position and dont want to chase top of the town players.

Then raved on about CONSUMER PRICE INDEX lol that current players will want increases bla bla bla, this bloke is a nut.

I gave up after that, just raved on in solicitor type talk.

Yeah, it makes you laugh when you hear what's actually going on rather than the fantasy land of some who have us in the hunt for Luke Lewis. His agent must be laughing at the media frenzy from yesterday.

As for Evander Cummins, give him a go like the Bulldogs did with Ben Barba. If we don't, he'll go to another club that knows how to utilise his talent. ( and we'll say - there's another one that got away )

Fire

First Grade
Which is exactly Price should have been blooding more rookies this year to prepare for next year.

Has King had enough time this year?
Has Green?
Has Cummins?
Debellin plays in 20 min spurts!
Rein gets taken off when he is having a blinder!

Price has to realise he's only on a 2 year contract.

Agree 100% Elias. I've said it before, I'll give Price his two years. But yes, it has frustrated me a little that youngsters haven't got a shot much this year (especially King after returning from injury). I was very disappointed that Kyle didn't get a go at 5/8 against Penrith too.

possm

Coach
It seems to me that we have plenty of cap space but no money to buy players.

The person responsible for ensuring enough funds are availble to run the Dragons football club is Doust. Surely revenue raised with our sponsorships, gate takings, merchandise and marketing are at a level to a least match the best of teams in the NRL.
So why the shortage of funds?
What is the Club's money being spent on?
Why hasn't Doust addressed the problem?

Does anyone on this forum have access to the financial figures of our club?

Elias1983

Coach
That's why apart of me (a very small part) wants the Dragons to not to make the finals and get have that done pretty quickly, so if there are 4-5 games to go and we know we are no chance.

That would be the opportune time to bring in the potentials and the youngsters for next year.

But there's no way I could ever be happy if we miss the finals..

Father Ted

First Grade
Sorry everyone I'm carrying on like a f**kwit today. Getting back on topic. I only caught about the last 45 seconds of the interview. Things (in my opinion) didn't sound too good for Soward. The way Doust was talking, it sounds like ESL and a few Rugby Union competitions are after him, and Doust sounded blazé about it all...f**k I hope not.

I wanna hear you say the words old mate.. Ted was right

Father Ted

First Grade
It seems to me that we have plenty of cap space but no money to buy players.

The person responsible for ensuring enough funds are availble to run the Dragons football club is Doust. Surely revenue raised with our sponsorships, gate takings, merchandise and marketing are at a level to a least match the best of teams in the NRL.
So why the shortage of funds?
What is the Club's money being spent on?
Why hasn't Doust addressed the problem?

Does anyone on this forum have access to the financial figures of our club?

This is the second time I've posted this ... So read the Fa#kin thing
http://stgeorgeleagues.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/SGLCFullFinancials2012.pdf

Come on guys be reasonable, Dousty has signed Lewis, Folau, Pearce & Jennings. The reason why he hasn't announced it is because his speech is a 'work in progress'.:shock:

thebearman05

Juniors
Do you guys really think Doust is going to come on radio and tell the public that we are signing this player and that player? Thought he played his cards close to his chest (Bennett media style). Time will tell the story im sure there working behind the seen on a few options alot will depend on current players retiring or moving on. Have a bit of faith we have been a successful club!

Father Ted

First Grade
That's zero to do with it.all clubs have to spend the same amount on players, irrespective of sponsorship etc

No they don't actually many clubs spend unders year in year out . Cronulla were one of those and another club namely the Broncos have a surplus of extra sponsors and of course many Broncos have been going to Restaurants for years in Brisvegas according to some but not seen paying. Still Others have creative accountants history brings up the names Canterbury and Melbourne. A few have the money but are just cheap .

How does that document relate to us? If the Leagues club has no money we spend under the cap. Nothing in life is equal , never has been.

Do you guys really think Doust is going to come on radio and tell the public that we are signing this player and that player? Thought he played his cards close to his chest (Bennett media style). Time will tell the story im sure there working behind the seen on a few options alot will depend on current players retiring or moving on. Have a bit of faith we have been a successful club!
I hope you're right, you are the only positive thread on this topic so the odds are stacked against you,:?

nrlnrl

First Grade

I would've liked something a bit more positive though. At least, "we are constantly looking at improving our club & if suitable players become available we'll make inquiries". What was said today sounded like a closed door & sends a negative message to fans.

There needs to be a mix of dealing with the current season & planning ahead, the Dragons don't seem to be doing either. 3 other teams with new coaches ( Manly, Canterbury & Souths ) seem much more professional.

Latest posts