What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Down the ladder we slide!!!!!!( tonights spoilers)

Missa

Juniors
wow....with a roosters victory and a raiders win.....we r slowly sliding down the ladder.....if we lose which i think we will tomorrow...and the sharks beat the broncs and the drags beat the dogs.....i dare to think where we will end up after 26 rounds.....not looking good.....NOT FAIR...how can the roosters come out and beat the storm yet we get smashed by 44......u can NOT pick it!!!!!:crazy:

ashee9

Juniors
We have got a few games that we can win at home coming up (Dragons, Panthers and possibly Tigers). But i think that having mad dog out of the team for however long might be a blessing in disguise. He's defence has been pretty bad and tighe being 5/8 was pretty strange considering he didn't do all that well against the roosters. Abraham and Walsh seem to work alright wen Jarrod isn't there so there's still hope :D

Ben

Bench
I'm pretty much over this season anyway. The injuries have killed us and as long as we don't end up with another wooden spoon i will still be content.

Frederick

Staff member
Dilmah said:
Uh, why not?
If you're referring to Gene saying the Tigers game isn't at home, it's cause we've already played them at home this year :p
Round 25 against them is at Telstra

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
If we play like we have been all year then we wont win another game at all and we will get the spoon again. Every team is improving we are just getting injured, thats all we seem to be able to do. So bloody sick of getting pumped every year 5 or 6 times its just depressing.

Bicey_18

Bench
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
If we play like we have been all year then we wont win another game at all and we will get the spoon again. Every team is improving we are just getting injured, thats all we seem to be able to do. So bloody sick of getting pumped every year 5 or 6 times its just depressing.

You just said it.... Thats why we are getting pumped, we simply do not have the players 2 compete atm.

Apey

Staff member
Uuuuuugh, not looking forward to the rest our games :(

Hate to have no faith, but I'm just being realistic ^_^

roopy

Referee
Kids can get themselves up for a few games - but relying on kids in the backend of the season is not going to work. They will be better for it next year though.

theres a stranger calmness that comes with accpeting your going to be eaten alive.lol as a supporter.But..there were two tries in the warriors game that could have been saved with good hard low tackles..kidley and walsh were both pushed off..but in the end meant very little

Serc

First Grade
Kidley is playing at significantly less than 100% - he had a pain killing injection before the game according to the commentators so that shoulder of his is still not right. I get the feeling they did the same with Simmo as he was in the sheds for 5 mins then back on again!!! If so thats dumb because we had lost the game already...

Was very impressed with Walshy tonight though, McManus was pretty good (as always) and Young was in everything that involved a tackle again as always again. I don't want to even think about our defence :(

Ben

Bench
We really missed Buderus's direction and defensive workload in the middle of the park today. It was not surprising that the Warriors scored all their tries through the guts of our team. The ruck defence wasn't there and i have to say a lot of those tries would not have occured if Buderus was there.

Missa

Juniors
bring on season 2008......it can't get any worse from here surely....just no spoon again please...panthers will prob beat us in 3 weeks time the way we r playing....yes teams get a touch up every now and then....but we seem to get alot.....our for/against is atrocious for a first grade team...im depressed....and will be cheering the warriors on in the finals

perverse

Referee
the effect of buderus on our team is incredible.. and is totally comparable (although obviously not quite to the same degree) to the effect johns had on the team. he is an absolute champion. he doesn't make the nuffies around him into champions a la johns, but he does make them competitive.

this year can now be written off i feel, we're too battered and are a very slim prospect to post any form on the board before the end of the regular season. the warriors match is the first match i have turned off early all season (and yes that includes 'that' game)... as i realised just how below par the team really is - there are too many frauds, and the ones that aren't frauds are either injured or just too young and inexperienced. let the cleanout continue and bring on '08.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
If our players were horses then we wouldnt have a team left. Whatever happened to working for the guy beside you? This team we have now plays with no heart, passion or guts.

I would drop Mcmanus, Carmont, Tighe, Abraham, Vuna, Royal, Young, Seu Seu, Woolnough, and whack 9 people from this forum on the side and we could still play with more heart then these duds.

shane1970

Juniors
I missed watching the game (thank god) but I just went on and checked some stats about it and I saw that Mitchell Sargent only played 18 minutes with only ONE hit up - Did he get injured again ????
And the other scary stat that hit me was Brad TIGHE - led the team for innefective tackles and also led (although equally) for missed tackles.
I couldn't really see a good stat anywhere in relation to the Knights - Steve Price, over 200 metres again - Geez I wish we had a guy with that much attitude and dedication in our front row.