What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downtown Beirut?

Sydney harbour doesn't have old mine workings under it. Newcastle is built on the geological equivalent of pavlova.

Then what the hell are GPT doing planning a building on this pavlova!

100 years of trains running up & down the corridor hasn't caused subsidence. The argument is lazy. Drill & blast the tunnel & get a dragline to move the spoil. :sarcasm:

Newcastle deserves both the development to link the 1-dimensional hunter street with harbour, & a decent public transport system...not buses moving slower than the cars.

b1ggles

Juniors
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........safe Labor seat by any chance?

Down here in Vic, we are just starting to see the damage done by the usual incompetent Labor morons after years of smoke and mirrors. Next election the commies are goooooone. But in NSW the rampant corruption and neglect have been obvious for years - yet they still vote Labor? AMAZING........

roopy

Referee
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........safe Labor seat by any chance?

Down here in Vic, we are just starting to see the damage done by the usual incompetent Labor morons after years of smoke and mirrors. Next election the commies are goooooone. But in NSW the rampant corruption and neglect have been obvious for years - yet they still vote Labor? AMAZING........
f**k off.
If we want to hear from arseholes we'll fart.

Big Tim

First Grade
Roopy must be in the Labor party......

Calm down mate. He makes a very valid point. Without competition, things dont change.

roopy

Referee
Roopy must be in the Labor party......

Calm down mate. He makes a very valid point. Without competition, things dont change.
yes - the fact that all the hunter seats became marginal in the last state election is probably why we finally got the money for the EAS upgrade, and why the money hasn't been taken back in the latest spending cuts - but this guy is just trying to put a political point in offensive terms, and one that is none of his business and not valid.
We don't need lectures from victorian facists with no knowledge of the situation.
The last liberal government in NSW debated the rail line and decided to do nothing, as have labor.
It isn't party political - there are liberals who want to keep it, labor members who want to keep it - and people from both parties who want to get rid of it.
The 'commies' are not behind this plot. It's those bastards from Maitland who want to commute.
Our fight is with the 'pumkin pickers'

b1ggles

Juniors
and it seems the 21st century is bringing the failure of right-wing ideology

Source please. *****EDIT***** Attention everyone! This is an EDIT!!! Attention!!!!

No
moonbat sources.

seems no ideology works...

Which was kinda my point in the post which I edited, don't you think?

Maybe read it a couple more times, it may just sink in.

Last edited:

roopy

Referee
biggles - couldn't you follow the doggies or someone.
I'm finding it hard to muster the right amount of contempt for you now that i know you are a Knights supporter.

macavity

Referee
Source please. *****EDIT***** Attention everyone! This is an EDIT!!! Attention!!!!

No moonbat sources.

Which was kinda my point in the post which I edited, don't you think?

Maybe read it a couple more times, it may just sink in.

lay off the smack, mkay...

Alex28

Coach
Compare the centre of Newcastle to the centre of Canberra - if that is what they intend to do to the Hunter Street Mall then it can only benefit Newcastle. Get rid of the rail, open up the centre of Newcastle and give the people what they deserve rather than the dump they currently have.

IanG

Coach
Compare the centre of Newcastle to the centre of Canberra - if that is what they intend to do to the Hunter Street Mall then it can only benefit Newcastle. Get rid of the rail, open up the centre of Newcastle and give the people what they deserve rather than the dump they currently have.

Yeah have a bus service from Hamilton and Broadmeadow I say. Especially since they are suggesting again that Williamtown could be a second International Airport and having a Very Fast Train Service between Newcastle and Sydney.