What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons 2014 draw - Home ground discussion

Steelman

Juniors
horror draw!!
i predict 3 wins from first 9 games ...I dont get selling off the games to ANZ but I guess Doust thought our home game advantage last year was non existent so we might as well cash in on the $200,000 per game we are getting from the stadium ..

btw Dugan looks menacing w the extra 5kgs

Its more like $75k from ANZ stadium champion plus whatever proceeds from the gate

Sticks2

Juniors
Our draw for 2014 for Kogarah and Wollongong! Friday, Saturday and Monday nights! What happened to Sunday afternoon? This draw will only give Doust ammunition to eventually move all our games to ANZ, attendances will be down giving the club an excuse to desert the heartland. This is the start of the SELLOUT! It will be interesting to see the Red V drop out rate this season, I know of at least one member who has bailed out!

tumbidragon

First Grade
Our draw for 2014 for Kogarah and Wollongong! Friday, Saturday and Monday nights! What happened to Sunday afternoon? This draw will only give Doust ammunition to eventually move all our games to ANZ, attendances will be down giving the club an excuse to desert the heartland. This is the start of the SELLOUT! It will be interesting to see the Red V drop out rate this season, I know of at least one member who has bailed out!

I believe that's the end goal of the NRL. I was for moving a couple of our bigger games to bigger venues, for added revenue. But upon the release of the draw, & seeing how both our home grounds are getting very poor match ups & shit time slots I can see I was wrong :( The NRL and Peter 'for a few shekles more' Doust, seem to be definately heading towards a more permanent fixture at ANZ. If that's to the detrament to Kogarah, WIN and those home based fans, I cannot support It.

Sticks2

Juniors
After 55 years of attending Dragons games through the good times and the bad times and during the move to make the SCG our home ground (remember that horrible failure, why will they not learn!) to the proud day we returned to Kogarah Jubilee Oval through the relentless work and dedication of Robert Stone RIP and belted Cronulla sadly I am going to relinquish my Red V membership and watch the mighty Dragons on TV. These imposters running the football club and Leagues Club (dump!) will not get one cent out of me until the place is cleaned out and someone who really loves and cares about the place takes over. I really hope this time the real supporters show their disgust and vote with their pockets.

Last edited:

Jubileeboy

First Grade
After 55 years of attending Dragons games through the good times and the bad times and during the move to make the SCG our home ground (remember that horrible failure, why will they not learn!) to the proud day we returned to Kogarah Jubilee Oval through the relentless work and dedication of Robert Stone RIP and belted Cronulla sadly I am going to relinquish my Red V membership and watch the mighty Dragons on TV. These imposters running the football club and Leagues Club (dump!) will not get one cent out of me until the place is cleaned out and someone who really loves and cares about the place takes over. I really hope this time the real supporters show their disgust and vote with their pockets.

:nwave::nwave:

TruSaint

Referee
Dont know if already mentioned or not, but BOTH local derby's v Sharks are on SATURDAYS...

Hello...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I suspect Sticks is willing to give up something that goes against his every instinct, just so he can voice his protest. When you read stuff like that from a supporter who has paid his dues, then it's time to take notice.

Hi Sticks. You're a supporter of 55 years - in my opinion that makes you more hard core than most. Not everyone will get what you just said... but from what I read, you're saying that the club can get stuffed, but you will keep supporting the team.

This will be misunderstood by some.

Fingerbang

Bench
I suspect Sticks is willing to give up something that goes against his every instinct, just so he can voice his protest. When you read stuff like that from a supporter who has paid his dues, then it's time to take notice.

Hi Sticks. You're a supporter of 55 years - in my opinion that makes you more hard core than most. Not everyone will get what you just said... but from what I read, you're saying that the club can get stuffed, but you will keep supporting the team.

This will be misunderstood by some.
No, I think what you meant to say was "it is time to take notice if that opinion is agreeable with yours". I have been a supporter for 50 years, but I get poo pooed for saying I am happy to take the bigger games to the bigger stadiums, if it does in fact help my club financially.

By the way, I did my bit for the club as well.....just ordered 6 Scorchers memberships for my Thai Dragon fan nephews, as well as my true believer interstate package ($415 total).

Father Ted

First Grade

I can't think of any other company that has customers as loyal, or for as long as this club. 50 plus years here as well . I can't think of a company that listens less to it's customers or cares less about them than this one either. The four games are without doubt in my mind designed to give them poor crowds and give weight to the arguement to leave Kogarah. The surprise for me is people still seem to think the club's well run. Just my opinion..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'd like to get the four games at Kogarah thing with you and Rexxy et al , Might even get one each for the daughters as well but if that's not possible i will vent my unhappiness with the club and boycott the year.
Father, we are renewing the Kogarah season tickets. It has been discussed and given the green light. So it's all good... we don't break up the team because of the scumbags.

I just can't go to the AWAY games at Homebush, SCG or even the SFS. We can always watch those in the North Burleigh SLSC ;-)

I will get to some W'gong games when work allows. Kogarah is pretty straight forward once I get off the plane so there's no worries there.

TruSaint

Referee
I can't think of any other company that has customers as loyal, or for as long as this club. 50 plus years here as well . I can't think of a company that listens less to it's customers or cares less about them than this one either. The four games are without doubt in my mind designed to give them poor crowds and give weight to the arguement to leave Kogarah. The surprise for me is people still seem to think the club's well run. Just my opinion..

Looking at the way the draw is set, it is very hard to argue your point Father.
There are many "die hards" here, whether or not they agree is OK.
I for one think, its the start of the demise of "local" ... "spiritual" grounds.

IMHO, its a mistake, as the NRL, round by round , is not meant for massive stadiums.
Maybe they will overcome this in the years ahead, but at what cost.

Father Ted

First Grade
Father, we are renewing the Kogarah season tickets. It has been discussed and given the green light. So it's all good... we don't break up the team because of the scumbags.

I just can't go to the AWAY games at Homebush, SCG or even the SFS. We can always watch those in the North Burleigh SLSC ;-)

I will get to some W'gong games when work allows. Kogarah is pretty straight forward once I get off the plane so there's no worries there.

Is there a spot for me to buy a Kogarah pack for myself with the crew.

Father Ted

First Grade
I for one think, its the start of the demise of "local" ... "spiritual" grounds.

IMHO, its a mistake, as the NRL, round by round , is not meant for massive stadiums.

Been down this road more than once it has'nt worked before . So why will it this time?

Fingerbang

Bench
Been down this road more than once it has'nt worked before . So why will it this time?
The difference this time, Father, as I see it, is that it is an NRL objective now and not just our club like it was before. I reckon the vision is that in the next 5 years there will be a push to have no more or at least a few games at suburban grounds like Leichardt, Brookvale, Kogarah, Shark Park etc.

Already got rid of Belmore and Redern games, and this is the next phase.

Father Ted

First Grade
The difference this time, Father, as I see it, is that it is an NRL objective now and not just our club like it was before. I reckon the vision is that in the next 5 years there will be a push to have no more or at least a few games at suburban grounds like Leichardt, Brookvale, Kogarah, Shark Park etc.

While thats true it has remained our boards dream and even though the ruling body wants it many fans don't . I dream of a year where the powers that be just leaves everything alone and allows us to think only about the footy. I think especially clubs like Manly for example will lose massive support under this policy. I always thought that the charter was to grow the game not visa versa?

gorilla

First Grade

and you've got at least two beds .....

Mr Red

First Grade

we have 2 stadium venues in sydney that are suitable for NRL matches. (i dont count SCG as a regular venue - its simply not suitable)

therefore please explain how this "vision" will work with the current number of sydney teams and only 2 venues??

hint - less sydney teams... those that accept a nomadic existence for whatever reason ie dragons basically putting their hands up for another merger....

jenninga

First Grade

If the clubs weren't getting the cash grab,ANZ would have nobody,and if the NRL are handing the cash from TV money then shame on them.
Until crowds are consistently 30,000 plus this bullsh*t playing at the big grounds is exactly that.
Bulldogs play there as they have nowhere else,Souffs because the SCG trust screwed them,Tigers again treat their fans with contempt being nomads,but still can't fill Campbelltown and Leichardt is a novelty.
The AFL do the big stadiums because the suburban grounds were sh*t and the game had outgrown them,however since Super League the NRL has gone backwards.Even the Cowboys don't pull the crowds they did when they were wooden spooners.