What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons and Eels coming to Perth

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dragons & Eels in Blockbuster

NRLFeb142010RGB164854.jpg

Sunday, February 14, 2010
ME Bank Stadium
2009 minor NRL Premiers, St George Illawarra Dragons will clash with Grand Finalists the Parramatta Eels in a blockbuster trial game at ME Bank Stadium in Perth on Sunday February 14 according to hosts, the WA Rugby League.
The Dragons will use the Perth game to kick start their 2010 season against a confident Parramatta Eels who staged a stunning run in the final series this year to get through to the grand final.
The Perth season opener could not be better with two of the most popular sides in the NRL going head to head and International Rugby League Footballer of the Year Jarryd Hayne heading a big line up of star players.
The trial forms part of the WA Rugby League’s drive to build the code in Western Australia and to continue gaining momentum in their bid for a Perth based NRL team by 2013.
The NRL will also use the opportunity to promote Rugby League’s One Community Program, an initiative taking the game to the people and include local visits and clinics to assist the development of the local junior program for the state.
In 2009 the state saw 25,000 people turn out for the two NRL games staged in Perth, and it is hoped this number will build in 2010 with this game as well as the Rabbitohs home game planned for late June.
Fans can get close the stars and feel the hits and action up close at the revamped ME Bank Stadium, a fantastic venue for Rugby League in WA.
Both the Eels and Dragons will field their best sides Perth fans will be treated to an amazing rugby League spectacle.

Pre Sales This Week

Buy your tickets before they go on sale to the general public
Available this week from
Thursday November 26 at 9.00am to
Sunday November 29 at 5.00pm only
Pre-sale link Go to www.ticketmaster.com.au and search for “Dragons” or “Eels”
Pre-sale Pass Word DRAGONS
General Sales Open from 12noon on Monday November 30.

gallagher

Juniors
Hopefully both clubs bring their best reams or near to it. Saints played ball this year but the roosters sent a heap of crap.

Nuke

Staff member
I was never a big fan of the Roosters, but I lost a LOT of respect for them and Freddy Fittler (who I have always rated as my favourite non-Knights player) with the way they treated this year's pre-season game.

St.George-Illawarra came across to promote League, themselves, and to get a good first hit-out under their new coach. The Roosters came here with a holiday attitude. There was a Bennett-Fittler breakfast on the Friday morning, in which people paid 'x' amount of money to attend and to listen to these guys talk. Fittler played golf instead. I think that pretty much summed up the whole team's attitude to the trip. I was really pleased when they got pumped by about 50 in that game.

I can tell you, if the tickets are $36 each like Perth Red says they were (I'm taking his word for it because I can't remember!), then I'm gonna struggle to go.

WA Roo

Juniors
The ticketmaster website says that general admission tickets is $30 which is heaps for a trial. Its valentines day to so no leave pass:(

Perth Red

Post Whore
A romantic night at MES, what more could a girl want? :)

$30? ridiculously expensive for a trial. They won't get more than last year I doubt.

Goddo

Bench
Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears Bears.

do you see how anoying it is Red when you hijack a thread on a seperate team to talk about the Reds?

j5o6hn

Juniors
Being a Pensioner I was tossing up wether to go mad and get a Platinum at $50 in the grandstand or just a gold at 35 thing gold will do as I will be moving around taking pics and vids.
And post them on U tube on my site

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm going to hang on to see what the membership deals are like. i hope they bring out the details before all the good seats are sold or I'll be a bit miffed!

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
I'm going to hang on to see what the membership deals are like. i hope they bring out the details before all the good seats are sold or I'll be a bit miffed!

Yeah. I'm keen to see what the new membership deals will hold.

I'm becoming insanely frustrated with the organisation though. The pace at which they work is slower than any I've ever encountered.

Granted, they're making plans for the future with this upcoming "meeting" , I wish they were allowing general public in. Even if it was only public members who expressed interest, as I'd love to be there.

Though. It's easy for them to come across motivated, inspired, and enthusiastic at a meeting - and another whole ball game actually delivering / maintaining that in following weeks/months. Maybe I'm becoming a bit cynical, though I have great doubts that any groundbreaking solutions or changes will actually be made.

Nuke

Staff member
The planning meeting is for the WARL 2010 season. It's not a '2010 & Beyond' planning meeting, although by nature the decisions made for 2010 will impact on future competitions one way or another.