What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Army? Really? There is one?

Kornstar

Coach
F*cking pathetic 2 weeks in a row! 11,000 odd in Woolloongong last week and f*ck all last night!!

The NRL said they changed the venue because some whinging f*cking Dragons fans lobbied them as PS had already sold out and they wouldn't see Hornby or Young play one last time.

And they come out with such a small showing? Disgraceful! If they really cared it would have been a 50/50 split and probably got over 60k.

I'm glad there was 45k etc. but if the real reason was the Dragons supporters, then it was an epic fail on the NRL's part!

silverex

Bench
F*cking pathetic 2 weeks in a row! 11,000 odd in Woolloongong last week and f*ck all last night!!

The NRL said they changed the venue because some whinging f*cking Dragons fans lobbied them as PS had already sold out and they wouldn't see Hornby or Young play one last time.

And they come out with such a small showing? Disgraceful! If they really cared it would have been a 50/50 split and probably got over 60k.

I'm glad there was 45k etc. but if the real reason was the Dragons supporters, then it was an epic fail on the NRL's part!

Agreed, the turn out of Dragons fans was disappointing. But I think you'll find that most of the interstate fans put their effort into attending the last game at Wollongong last week, even though 11,000 wasn't a huge crowd either.

Wasn't the move to ANZ more a request of Parra than the Dragons? The Dragons had no real reason to request a change, and nor should they have.

Last night was Parra's night and really should have been at Parramatta. But if more Parra fans were able to attend because of the move then that must be a bonus.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Look whatever, it was a great turnout. Could it have been the highest crowd for wooden spooners ever?

Fire

First Grade

A lot of anger there. Relax, everything will be OK.

natheel

Coach
yeh i was pretty shocked at the dragons turn out. But the sea of blue and gold was awesome

Well done guys

just goes to show what this team means to us!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Late change of venue, on fathers day, at prime dinner time... It was always going to be a mixed crowd. Great turnout for the game and a fitting send-off played in the right spirit. I wish we had more fans show up, but hey that's how it goes in shitty seasons. Anyone expecting a 50-50 mix was kidding themselves, it's quite the effort to get from the gong or kogarah to homebush by car or public transport, not quite the same from Parramatta.

Wollongong supporters are always fair-weather btw. The stadium averages awesome crowds when we're traveling well, many fans can't justify the trip down the princes highway when we're not. Kogarah is much more consistent.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Just on the crowd, I also was shocked that more Saints fans didn't turn up but gee what a great crowd it was.

Compare it to the Dogs and El Masri send off, this game didn't let every club member in free, didn't have the ideal Sunday arvo time slot and also only had a week and a half for preparation.

The only advantage this game had was it was between 2 well supported Sydney teams and one of those teams didn't really pull more of an away crowd then they normally would.

This just goes to show that Parra fans love their legends more then the Bulldogs fans do.

natheel

Coach
Just on the crowd, I also was shocked that more Saints fans didn't turn up but gee what a great crowd it was.

Compare it to the Dogs and El Masri send off, this game didn't let every club member in free, didn't have the ideal Sunday arvo time slot and also only had a week and a half for preparation.

The only advantage this game had was it was between 2 well supported Sydney teams and one of those teams didn't really pull more of an away crowd then they normally would.

This just goes to show that Parra fans love their legends more then the Bulldogs fans do.

how can they have club legends like Hindy and Burty when they buy half their side from other clubs?

Parra fans are proud no matter where we come on the ladder

One guy on my facebook said he is handing in his Jersey/membership coz he hates Stuart. dead set guys like this pisses me off. once we start winning he will be the first to jump back on the wagon. needles to say i blocked and deleted him

I could understand them not making the trip last night given the timeslot, but the 11,000 at Wollongong last week is more of a disgrace.........

strider

Post Whore
i was a bit shocked how few dragons fans there seemed to be

but it meant there was more of a Parra feel which I am happy about

Springs

First Grade
Great crowd. Great atmosphere in the Eels fan section. Disappointing showing by Dragons fans. Looking across the ground the Dragons fan section didn't look any different from any other game at ANZ.

But to me what was even more disappointing were the Eels fans that left with 10 minutes to go.

Suitman

Post Whore
Great crowd. Great atmosphere in the Eels fan section. Disappointing showing by Dragons fans. Looking across the ground the Dragons fan section didn't look any different from any other game at ANZ.

But to me what was even more disappointing were the Eels fans that left with 10 minutes to go.

You'll always get that though. People who want to beat traffic, get kids to bed etc....
I was actually more impressed with the amount who stayed behind.

Suity

Springs

First Grade
You'll always get that though. People who want to beat traffic, get kids to bed etc....
I was actually more impressed with the amount who stayed behind.

Suity

I know the reasons, but I doubt they would have left if we were winning. I thought two legends of the club might have been worth more to them than getting a headstart on traffic.

Suitman

Post Whore
I know the reasons, but I doubt they would have left if we were winning. I thought two legends of the club might have been worth more to them than getting a headstart on traffic.

I would think that too. But I'm not them. I wouldn't do it and I didn't, even with kids there. But plenty others did. I'm sure they had their reasons.

Suity