What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Army? Really? There is one?

Gronk

Staff member
I know the reasons, but I doubt they would have left if we were winning. I thought two legends of the club might have been worth more to them than getting a headstart on traffic.

Oh FFS. I left at the full time siren. I had a bit of a drive back out to Bondi way on a school night. I cheered Hindy live probably 200+ games of his 330 games for the eels. From his debut (home) game until his last one last night.

Judgemental much ?

Eels Dude

Coach
If people left early so be it, we should be celebrating the fact they were there in the first place and got a terrific crowd as opposed to complaining they left early.

Springs

First Grade
Oh FFS. I left at the full time siren. I had a bit of a drive back out to Bondi way on a school night. I cheered Hindy live probably 200+ games of his 330 games for the eels. From his debut (home) game until his last one last night.

Judgemental much ?

Have a sook then. Did I say anything about those that left after the game? Oh no, see I didn't. I said those that left early. Suity said they had their reasons, and ok that's fair enough I agree with what he said. But I'm sure a lot of them left because we were losing, and yeah, I judge that to be poor form. If those same people had have left with 10 minutes to go if we were winning, then I would say fair enough.

But I didn't say anything about you leaving so don't overreact about nothing.

I can see both sides of the 'leaving early' thing - most of those people wouldnt have left if today was a public holiday or the game finished at 4:30pm. Getting kids home to bed with a school day today is understandable, particularly if you travelled more than an hour to get there.

drago brelli

Bench
I was at the game last night to support the Steelers/Dragons. It's the first time I have seen the Eels play live and boy they are dreadful.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I was at the game last night to support the Steelers/Dragons. It's the first time I have seen the Eels play live and boy they are dreadful.

tumblr_m9eoaeoUwH1qzf1nh.png

Eels Dude

Coach
I can see both sides of the 'leaving early' thing - most of those people wouldnt have left if today was a public holiday or the game finished at 4:30pm. Getting kids home to bed with a school day today is understandable, particularly if you travelled more than an hour to get there.

10 minutes doesn't sound like a lot but a 10 minute head start can translate into an hour's difference getting home given how busy car parks, traffic, and public transport can be with 45,000 people all trying to make their way home at the same time.

F*cking pathetic 2 weeks in a row! 11,000 odd in Woolloongong last week and f*ck all last night!!

What do you expect when they can't even get their name/mascot combo right. St George slayed a dragon...he wasn't the f@#$ing dragon. It's like a team from Monaghan calling themselves the Dogs.....close but not quite right.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Great crowd. Great atmosphere in the Eels fan section. Disappointing showing by Dragons fans. Looking across the ground the Dragons fan section didn't look any different from any other game at ANZ.

But to me what was even more disappointing were the Eels fans that left with 10 minutes to go.

Judgemental much ?

I'm better than both of you - I'm still at the Stadium.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Late change of venue, on fathers day, at prime dinner time... It was always going to be a mixed crowd. Great turnout for the game and a fitting send-off played in the right spirit. I wish we had more fans show up, but hey that's how it goes in shitty seasons. Anyone expecting a 50-50 mix was kidding themselves, it's quite the effort to get from the gong or kogarah to homebush by car or public transport, not quite the same from Parramatta.

Wollongong supporters are always fair-weather btw. The stadium averages awesome crowds when we're traveling well, many fans can't justify the trip down the princes highway when we're not. Kogarah is much more consistent.

It was Father's Day in Parramatta as well

Y2Eel

First Grade

Judgemental much ?

Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh Bondi your so classy

The Colonel

Immortal
Late change of venue, on fathers day, at prime dinner time... It was always going to be a mixed crowd. Great turnout for the game and a fitting send-off played in the right spirit. I wish we had more fans show up, but hey that's how it goes in shitty seasons. Anyone expecting a 50-50 mix was kidding themselves, it's quite the effort to get from the gong or kogarah to homebush by car or public transport, not quite the same from Parramatta.

Wollongong supporters are always fair-weather btw. The stadium averages awesome crowds when we're traveling well, many fans can't justify the trip down the princes highway when we're not. Kogarah is much more consistent.

I drove from Moree..... 8 hours down. 8 hours home. We also had people come from Port Macquarie, Brisbane and New Zealand. All three are a lot further away from Kogarah...... that is an actual effort. Dragons only sing when you are winning. Always have.

strider

Post Whore
gee i dunno - i drove from over kogarah way too ... it's a tough trip - gotta get through wiley park and all - woooo!